Hello from London!

Really looking forward to using this site to help me sculpt and tone my body to perfection! I dont do much (Or any!) kind of weight training so I'm pretty much starting from scratch! I'll take a before pic at some point and post it up so I can track my progress :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Hey! I really want to concentrate on my stomach and arms so I'm trying to work out a routine that will help those areas. Currently I do zumba class twice a week, indoor rock climbing usually once a week (this is wholly dependant on my climbing buddy though as when he bails it means I cant go too!) i also do some running although I've been off for a couple of weeks due to miserable weather!

Any suggestions you could give me?

Ive started a thread in the work out logs forum and my before pic is in there!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Squats and deadlifts for stomach and legs.

Arms - pushups, presses, pullups.

This is my standard advice. What are your thoughts on free weights? Also, what's your diet like. As Steve has said, you can't outrun your fork (who knew an inanimate object can run so fast)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I wouldnt say I have a terrible diet although after reading about Paleo there are definitely a few changes to be made. I'm really good at making sure I eat properly at breakfast, lunch and dinner and I try not to snack in between although when my sister is sitting there with a big bowl of fresh popcorn its hard to resist!

i dont eat a lot of sugary foods and the majority of my lunches and dinners are home made so I know whats going in to them. mostly I would say I eat too much of the bad carbs (pasta, bread, crispts etc) but after reading all about Paleo thats a major change I'm going to make.

I used to drink too much beer which is horrendous for your waist line! but I've knocked all that on the head too and if I'm out with friends, I'll opt for a mixer and diet coke instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Also thanks for the advice on exersises. I've just started the 200 situps program which is 6 weeks of steading increasing the number 3 days a week with rest days in between and have also looked at the beginners bodyweight work out which I'll be putting into practice too. I dont really know about dead weights, I've never done them before. Also i used to have a gym membership but didnt really use the weight machines. would it be worth starting again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Hey! I really want to concentrate on my stomach and arms so I'm trying to work out a routine that will help those areas. Currently I do zumba class twice a week, indoor rock climbing usually once a week (this is wholly dependant on my climbing buddy though as when he bails it means I cant go too!) i also do some running although I've been off for a couple of weeks due to miserable weather!

Any suggestions you could give me?

Ive started a thread in the work out logs forum and my before pic is in there!

Hi Rosie,

Just wanted to welcome you and offer a tip that may help you. I noticed you said that you want to focus on your stomach and arms. If you mean reducing any excess fat in those areas then you may want to know that it isn't possible to spot reduce. I say this because some people become discouraged when they do a million crunches, for instance, and don't have a six pack. Diet is part of it, but also you'll want to remember that the fat will come off with hard work and will likely come off in different areas on it's own. The gist is if you train your whole body and eat right the fat will come off. You don't have to focus on certain parts as it creates imbalances and isn't really that much beneficial. Hope this helps!

"The Word Belongs to Those that Hustle!" - From The Art of Manliness

Fitocracy Profile

Just wanted to welcome you and offer a tip that may help you. I noticed you said that you want to focus on your stomach and arms. If you mean reducing any excess fat in those areas then you may want to know that it isn't possible to spot reduce. I say this because some people become discouraged when they do a million crunches, for instance, and don't have a six pack. Diet is part of it, but also you'll want to remember that the fat will come off with hard work and will likely come off in different areas on it's own. The gist is if you train your whole body and eat right the fat will come off. You don't have to focus on certain parts as it creates imbalances and isn't really that much beneficial. Hope this helps!

^This.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

Nerd site, from UK. All I can think of is how to work a TARDIS joke in.

I might have a problem.

1) Female from the UK? Check.

2) Blonde hair? According to avatar picture, Check.

3) Name one letter away from famous Who companion? Check.

Let the jokes begin. :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

1) Female from the UK? Check.

2) Blonde hair? According to avatar picture, Check.

3) Name one letter away from famous Who companion? Check.

Let the jokes begin. :D

Oh shoot why didn't I spot this? Just to clarify- Natural brunette, bottle blonde. Rose is my middle name but I prefer it to my first name (Not because of Dr who, I just always have) Should I mention I have an older sister who is half scottish and called Amy? :-p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Oh shoot why didn't I spot this? Just to clarify- Natural brunette, bottle blonde. Rose is my middle name but I prefer it to my first name (Not because of Dr who, I just always have) Should I mention I have an older sister who is half scottish and called Amy? :-p

Oh come on, you are making this way too easy. :D

That doesn't help! :P

Chav = from a certain place?

So lost...

Lol yeah, chavs are from the East end of london, usually a council estate and dress in trackwear and hoop earings. Usually hanging around on the street with their friends eating chips from the local take away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Lol yeah, chavs are from the East end of london, usually a council estate and dress in trackwear and hoop earings. Usually hanging around on the street with their friends eating chips from the local take away.

Sounds like a good way to spend the day :D

I do like tracksuits and very sad that they are not acceptable in mainstream fashion :(