Twilight: Endless Sleeper

Twilight

I am strong. I am powerful.

Challenge:

1. Move (physio, bodyweight workout, sledgehammer, cycling, swimming, etc. 5x per week)
  2. Stretch (5x per week)
  3. Eat (no snacks 5x per week)

Life Quest:

1. Update that pesky resume!

Again I will keep my daily hits and misses to my battle log, and use this thread for general "how am I doing/feeling" updates and thoughts.

Fair warning: I am queer, agender, poly, and kinky. I will warn you if any content or links I share is NSFW, and put questionable stuff behind a cut.

• Like 3

Sleep..what is that again?

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

but sleeping is BOOORING. xoxo

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Sleep..what is that again?

I dunno man, I hear it's the good stuff.

No sleep?  :neglected:

Your usual goals are enough to keep anyone busy!

Well, about 6 hours per night. Ish.

I keep reminding myself of that because it never feels like enough. :-p

On the positive side, you recognized that it would be an exercise in frustration and didn't include it? 

:)

Yup! The option where I get more than 6 hours of sleep per night means I'll be miserable since I won't be doing anything fun, and that's not good either.

Woo Twilight is here! :D

I still hope you'll try and sleep a bit more even if it's not one of your goals. I don't get how you survive.

Woot Hatter is here!

Yes, I'm feeling well rested now because I got lots of sleep over the holidays. :) I'm going to still be trying to get to bed for midnight, I just won't be tracking it this time.

but sleeping is BOOORING. xoxo

SO BORING. (BUT SO GOOD.)

But it kills dem gainz. ;)

Looking good there! How does it feel?

If I ever start sleeping enough, I'm sure I'll see the difference. Until then - ignorance! Yay?

Thanks! It feels great! :D

• Like 2

The long awaited haircut. Looking good.

Following you again.

Hi! :D

So I took a bunch of hand balancing photos a couple of days ago but can't post them because I'm not wearing enough. [emoji14] Also I got about 5cm from Full Camel today but have the same problem with that photo. Shrug emoji.

• Like 2

New haircut looks great!  Should be nice and easy to maintain as well be convenient for swimming too. 

5 cm from full Camel    0.o   That is very very cool.

Thank you! :D

Credit to the acupuncture on my lower back yesterday morning. ;) But ... is full Camel where my head is touching the floor, or my feet? Because I can touch the floor no problem - my head is just not on my feet. Is it the elbows on the floor? Or my hands on my feet? Must investigate. I've been focusing so much on having my head on my feet that I haven't been thinking of the rest of my body. HMMMM. http://tomaszgoetel.com/hot-yoga-full-camel-pose-poorna-ustrasana/

For the full pose I think the hands should be on the heels, elbows on the floor and head looking "up" (it might not actually be all the way up, but it should at least not be resting on the floor) Pretty much like in the pictures.

Either way nice job, that's really awesome. :D

Holy crap head looking up? Well I've got a ways to go, then! It's hard to see head position in the photos I've seen. Wow. I think I'll practice more with my elbows on the floor and head all the way down, even though my head isn't on my feet, to get my elbows and shoulders in the right spot. Thanks!

I texted my resume buddy yesterday to ask her when would be good for going to her place and having her help me out with it. :)

Today my physiotherapist identified that one of my vertebrae between my shoulder blades is rotated. I'm going back on Thursday and we're going to try and straighten it out. I hope that relieves my back pain, which has been really bad.

I'm focusing on doing a little bit every day, even if I can't swing my sledgehammer. I don't want to do anything too aggressive while this thing is going on. Focus on my glutes and stretching is just fine. :)

• Like 2

Today my physiotherapist identified that one of my vertebrae between my shoulder blades is rotated. I'm going back on Thursday and we're going to try and straighten it out. I hope that relieves my back pain, which has been really bad.

I'm focusing on doing a little bit every day, even if I can't swing my sledgehammer. I don't want to do anything too aggressive while this thing is going on. Focus on my glutes and stretching is just fine. :)

That sounds kinda bad.. But I guess not so bad if your PT thinks he/she will be able to fix it! I imagine that should help a lot with the back pain, hopefully you're feeling better soon!

January 11-17

M T W T F S S

Move     Y Y N Y Y X X  3/3

Stretch  Y Y N Y Y X Y  4/4

Eat      Y Y N N Y S S  3/4

I'm a very part time doula (birth coach) and my friend had her baby this weekend. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life! She had a planned home birth, but progressed so quickly that the midwife didn't make it in time. I caught the baby! HOLY BALLS, GUYS. THAT WAS I DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS FOR IT.

So my goals have been adjusted to reflect that my weekend was out of the ordinary. ;) Back to it this week, though! I've got cash for a new swimming pass (since I can't find my old one, but it only had a couple of sessions left anyway), and I've got my bathing suit and towel all ready. I woke up WITH NO BACK PAIN in that spot that's been hurting for months. Ok, so it's a little tiny bit sore, but in comparison, you know? The knot feels gone. I'm very ok with this.

Upcoming things I'm excited about:

• Scheduling photoshoots and video shoots for creative stuff.
  • Doing more housework to help my husband keep things under control. (Having a messy/dirty kitchen is extremely stressful for me, so this is actually a good thing.)
  • Being selective about who I spend my time with.
  • Practising for a rope performance at the end of February, and the road trip that will go with it.
  • Learning how to be James Bond.

Things and stuff, guys! Things and stuff!

• Like 3

Those things all look good.

And I am glad your back is better. Just one thing I have never understood about the acupuncture thing, doesn't it hurt?

Congrats on the baby. I do not know anything about them.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius