• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teirin

Recruit Monitoring Thread

Radical Ed: Rebel, who does Aikido.

Kunmaar another Rebel visiting aikido classes.

Lissa Lullaby wants to learn some basic self-defense skills this challenge. And she would like to pick up a MMA later on, when her circumstances have changed.

WingedWolf: Aikido, parkour, lifting... Has set up some impressive goals.

MandyM: Karate :)

Checked until here:JulietKitsch

• Like 1

Sosota: Started training with a sword recently.

Xephyra:Mauy Thai and perhaps soon archery.

Yuuki: "I got my black belt in karate when I was 12 (and kept attending my dojo regularly until about 18 when I moved for school)" Perhaps we can encourage him to do it again. He really seemed to enjoy martial arts.

Hello! Thanks for any help in checking on Recruits. It is very much appreciated

Reviewing Threads

A few recommendations for anyone willing to help:

• Sort by Start Date instead of Most Recently Updated
  • Check only after the most recently checked thread so we don't repeat or miss threads
  • If anyone mentions that they used to practice a martial art, they're probably going with a guild that matches their current interests
  • Fencing/jousting/archery count!
  • If they don't mention one but have themselves listed as a Monk, go for it.
Searching with Google

SaraKingdom's Search thread for Google with a possible second thread:

site:rebellion.nerdfitness.com intitle:recruit "krav maga" OR judo OR "tai chi" OR aikido OR karate OR hapkido OR "tae kwon do" OR taekwondo OR kendo OR boxing OR hema OR fencing OR "kung fu" OR shaolin OR bagua OR escrima OR bjj OR jiujitsu OR "jiu jitsu" OR capoeira OR "martial art" OR mma

site:rebellion.nerdfitness.com intitle:recruit Monk OR "Tang soo do" OR jousting OR archery OR sword OR Iaido OR kali OR "stick fighting"

Please tell me about any additional terms to add to the second set!

Then click "Search Tools", open the "Any time" menu, and select "Past week" or "Custom Range". Try using the Custom date range and start it on Sept 8th since the new forum went up then.

Didn't read every thread in the Rebels section. Instead I used the search function. Any idea how to search for tai chi or MMA? Can't search words with less than four characters.
  • Like 1

Tai chi could be condensed down to one word. MMA typically means disciplines like kickboxing, muay thai, wrestling, Brazilian jiujutsu. At a certain point it's going to come down to what they put in as tags.

Thank you so much for doing this. I'm sure it must take very much of your life to do this, and I'm grateful for the time you take.

• Like 2

So... I just posted a thread in the Monks challenge and now realize it was perhaps a faux pas...
Should I have first jumped in here and mad my presence known / got permission? :chargrined:

10 minutes ago, Hugh said:

So... I just posted a thread in the Monks challenge and now realize it was perhaps a faux pas...
Should I have first jumped in here and mad my presence known / got permission? :chargrined:

Glad to see you back!

No.  This is just for keeping an eye out for new recruits hanging with the first timers/undecided camp.  You are exactly where you should be.

• Like 1

Hello, 

I'm a rebel and am strongly considering joining the Monks for my next challenge. I've been poking around your board and reading some of your challenges and I really like them. Currently my challenges are more healthy eating and life based, but I want my next challenges to also be centered around getting back in to martial arts. I've studied  Shitō-ryū and  Taekwondo but it has been many years. I'm also very interesting in meditation although I really don't know where to start with that one. I've been reading up on your meditation board. So much good information there... So yea, I just wanted to introduce myself :)

• Like 2

Welcome ironmeg :)

I believe you can change guild badges in your profile.

-------

new recruits:

Bookworm_Tess is doing Muay Thai and a lot of push ups.

Xephira is into Muay Thai.

shaolin_nerd542 posted the challenge in the introduction forum. This recruit is taking classes in Chen style Tai Chi and Hong Fist Kung Fu.

halfsasquatch respawned and decided to join a martial arts club or already did so. I'm not sure.

Ironmeg is also a recruit, enjoys Harry Potter and would like to join us. =)

• Like 2

Hello! Can I join you here? My introduction is here:

I like the idea of being a monk not just because I'm doing kickboxing (as I wrote in my introduction, it's non-combat, which is different from the norm in this group), but also because the image of a monk implies an interest in aligning mind, body and soul, which calls to me. Oh, and monks are lightning-fast and powerful, which is where I'd like to be. :courage:

I hope you'll have me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johan Whitehelm said:

I like the idea of being a monk not just because I'm doing kickboxing (as I wrote in my introduction, it's non-combat, which is different from the norm in this group), but also because the image of a monk implies an interest in aligning mind, body and soul, which calls to me. Oh, and monks are lightning-fast and powerful, which is where I'd like to be. :courage:

I hope you'll have me!

hello Johan.  Yes, you're quite welcome.  Cardio kickboxing is fun.  Nothing wrong with it :-)

• Like 1

On 6/1/2016 at 5:10 PM, Johan Whitehelm said:

I hope you'll have me!

Sure! Come on in boss, be glad to see you!

3 hours ago, Kishi said:

Hmm. You suppose it's at low tide right now?

There really haven't been as many recruits lately.  They're showing up over more frequent challenges, some are going straight to guilds, but I have no idea about the rest.

Potentiell Recruits in November 2016

Kel : Capoeira and Chinese martial arts

KingLui : Signed up for WingChun recently.

Treva : Longsword

Ferrass : Karate

Lovely Andione : Is still trying out different martial arts: an african style, kickboxing, Cuong Nhu, ... her goal is to try out different martial arts until she finds one that she likes.

I have checked on them, but I haven't directed them to the guid yet. Perhaps someone wants to welcome them, too.

And I was thinking of creating a martial arts directory. We're so spread across different guilds, that it's hard to keep track of everybody.

edit: directed them all to the Coutyard.

• Like 3