battlescars: down to buisness

battlescars

New Year, New Challenge! Can't wait to kick some butt and start this year off right!

Quick Background

I work at a parkour gym (reception) & an elementary school (tutor), and I do a work study with an aerial studio. My background is in film production, and I'm hoping to somehow incorporate that into my new found love for parkour. Actively training in parkour, pole, and lyra. I'm an outdoors nut, obsessed with hiking and camping. Started my fitness journey at 250lbs.

Fitness/ Food Goals

1. Level Up...Literally

At my parkour gym, we have a band level system that is similar to karate. As you develop skills, you can test into the next level of classes and learn more advanced moves. I'm currently in the first level of parkour classes (white band) and would like to move up to the next level (green band).

Also, I recently started taking pole classes, and I'm in their most basic class level. I would like to move up to the next level by the end of this month.

2. Gym Before Work 3 Days a Week

I've been late for work a lot lately. My morning commute is awful, and I'm not very good at managing my time with all the traffic. My ideal alternative would be to go to the gym near my work early in the morning, before rush hour clogs up the freeways.

3. Drop The Holiday Weight

I was the worst member of the Holiday Watch. I flew back to Boston for the holidays, and my big Italian family got the best of me. I ate more pasta, pizza, and pastries than I have in months, and barely worked out on top of it all. I gained about 7 lbs (bring me up to 229lbs) during the couple weeks I spent at home. It was fun and filled with amazing food, but now it's time to pay the reaper. I would like to drop back to 222lbs. by the end of this challenge.

Life Goal

1. Duolingo Every Day

Living in SoCal, I feel as though it would be really useful to learn a little bit of Spanish. So I want to devote at least 15 minutes each day to brushing up on my Spanish skills.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

| Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter |

"Forget stardust, you are iron."

Yay, already cheering on you, you are definitely starting the year right!

Never heard of parkour classes where you have band systems, but so cool and motivating! Oh and I love duolingo! 

Yay, already cheering on you, you are definitely starting the year right!

Never heard of parkour classes where you have band systems, but so cool and motivating! Oh and I love duolingo! 

I really like the band system they've worked out. That way everyone is your class is at a similar skill level, and you're really mastering the moves your working on before moving on to more difficult things. Plus, it's an excellent motivator and way to track progress ;)

And Duolingo has been really fun so far! Such an awesome program, and really easy to do with little down time!

Current Challenge

Yes it's nice to be working together with a group of people that do the exact same skills you do! That way you can support each other and share the same frustrations over common difficulties! At the same time, do you also see the higher bands train sometimes? I like that too, to see some people that are better to have a bit of inspiration!

I used duolingo for French and Swedish (for my holiday) and it's fun. I love the game aspect about it! Why do you want to learn Spanish, or just because? 

Been off to a slow start this challenge. School hasn't started back up yet, so my "go to the gym before work" goal has been kinda invalid. But that will change on Monday! I had parkour class on Monday, but I was really disappointed in my performance. My kongs and dash vaults were a mess, and I couldn't hold my cat hang. I felt comfortable with those skills before I went back to Boston for the holidays, but my lack of training over the past couple weeks definitely showed. However, I have used Duolingo every day this week! Woo! Hoping I can muster up some drive to work a little harder in the next few days.

Current Challenge