Sooooo cute.

Damn flurries erasing hard work. ;)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

:)

You can't see the rest of the scarf bit, but the hood is attached to a scarf that has nice, cozy pockets on the tail ends. 

I totally want one!!!!

And I got about halfway through shoveling the driveway this morning and realized the little bit of flurries that were happening when I started had turned into actual snow. By the time I leave the house, there probably won't be any evidence I shoveled at all. So I quit, came back inside and am now going to finish getting ready for work.

Ugh, this is why I was shoveling at night a couple of days ago.  i wanted to be VERY SURE that the snow was done.  It's annoying when you shovel only to have all sign of your efforts wiped out in 15 minutes!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I totally want one!!!!

If you know how to knit at all, it is super easy! This was the first time I'd picked up knitting needles since I was about 10 and it all came together without a hitch.

I'm debating my next project, now. A hat, maybe, though I don't have DPNs or circulars, so I'd need something worked flat and then seamed up the back. We'll see if I find anything.

If you know how to knit at all, it is super easy! This was the first time I'd picked up knitting needles since I was about 10 and it all came together without a hitch.

Alas, I stumble on the very first point. ;)

I do not know how, at all.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

The project is SO AMAZING!

And not weird at all - you've seen my cat face progress pics, right?

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

OMFG link to pattern for that project? NEED.

I am a knitting fiend. :D Ppppsssssssst if you are on Ravelry I should add you although I am super lazy about actually posting my completed projects/I mostly just hoard a knitting queue on there!

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

The project is SO AMAZING!

And not weird at all - you've seen my cat face progress pics, right?

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

I kind of want to make another one, just because it's so cute!

<3

OMFG link to pattern for that project? NEED.

I am a knitting fiend. :D Ppppsssssssst if you are on Ravelry I should add you although I am super lazy about actually posting my completed projects/I mostly just hoard a knitting queue on there!

http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/kitty-hood-scarf-with-pockets-2

So easy! Ravelry -- I've just joined recently and am using it to hoard up patterns that may be possible in the future.

Do either of you (or other knitting peeps that may be lurking about) happen to have a flat-worked hat pattern that you like that's not overly fancy? I can manage increases and decreases, knit/purl, probably short rows w/wrapping, but cables, etc. are a bit beyond me at the moment. I currently have size 7 (4.5 mm) straight needles and would prefer not to invest in a bunch of "stuff" until I'm sure this is something I'm going to stick with.

Hmm.. so week one ended. That was a thing?

With my goals so nebulous, I don't really have a good way to post weekly summaries, so here's some things:

• Protein is hard. I'm not tracking, but I know my intake is abysmal.
  • MOAR water is simple at work, more difficult at home.
  • I actually don't snack as much as I'd feared. I have my NatureBox stuff at work, but they are generally not terrible for me and I don't pig out on them. I have a few Christmas goodies still lying in wait around the house, but I don't seem to be obsessive about them. Yay.

• Pullups are good
  • TTB was a thing I did. I'm curious to see where I stand with these on the trap, once my circus gym opens back up

• Been trying to do some hand balance-y things during workout rest periods, mostly crow and headstands. I'll probably branch out as the challenge progresses.
  • No acro things found yet
  • Climbing gym with M will happen tomorrow, so I guess really has no place in my week one update thingy.

• No back bends.
  • Didn't do straddle drills in particular, but did stretch hams/glutes/hipflexors/etc. quite a bit this week.

Winter hit with a vengeance at the end of week 1 so there was much shoveling involved. I imagine this will continue into week 2 even more than it already has. What I'm saying is, be prepared for some whining. ;)

(also, I'm way proud of my cat-eared hood.)

• Like 1

You should be. It's awesome.

I love that you are playing more with handblanaaces because they are super fun. Good observations on your habits and on the week. Seems pretty good to me.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Protein can be tough. I don't strictly track it, but I know a cup of cottage cheese or low fat greek yogourt is about 30g. 3 oz of most meat is 25g. An egg is 12g. 1/4 cup of nuts is 5g. 1 cup of milk is 8g. That's pretty much all my protein sources, so it's not too bad to do in my head and just take wild guesses on everything else.

Pull ups and TtB are good. Awesome even. I get little thrills whenever I see anyone talk about crushing them like you are.

(also I showed my daughter your scarf and she thought it was awesome, but it's beyond her current knitting skills- but it could be possible incentive for her to keep trying)

Have fun at the climbing gym!

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

You should be. It's awesome.

I love that you are playing more with handblanaaces because they are super fun. Good observations on your habits and on the week. Seems pretty good to me.

I need to dig up your catch'em all list from last challenge (two challenges ago?) and see which ones I might be able to tackle.

Protein can be tough. I don't strictly track it, but I know a cup of cottage cheese or low fat greek yogourt is about 30g. 3 oz of most meat is 25g. An egg is 12g. 1/4 cup of nuts is 5g. 1 cup of milk is 8g. That's pretty much all my protein sources, so it's not too bad to do in my head and just take wild guesses on everything else.

Pull ups and TtB are good. Awesome even. I get little thrills whenever I see anyone talk about crushing them like you are.

(also I showed my daughter your scarf and she thought it was awesome, but it's beyond her current knitting skills- but it could be possible incentive for her to keep trying)

Have fun at the climbing gym!

If your daughter can knit and purl, she can do the bulk of it! The decreases are a little more complicated but still a relatively basic knitting skill. I'd think it would be a pretty reachable goal with a little practice.

M and I must be star-crossed climbers! This time she has to cancel. :( We'll try again next week.

How did I neglect to follow this?  Anyway, halfway through but now I'm on the list :)

Keep up the great work and have fun with your shovel.  

There's an acro yoga class I REALLY want to take with Mrs. MG... but it's Sunday nights and that's ski night, and I barely have time to get home and get ready for work as it is...

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

How did I neglect to follow this?  Anyway, halfway through but now I'm on the list :)

Keep up the great work and have fun with your shovel.  

There's an acro yoga class I REALLY want to take with Mrs. MG... but it's Sunday nights and that's ski night, and I barely have time to get home and get ready for work as it is...

Glad to have you. :)

Workout yesterday:

DB Rows

Pull ups

Rack pulls

Face pulls

Kitty snuggling

Tuck/Pike/Straddle crunches

Side crow (L and R)

• Like 3

I love sets of kitty snuggles.

Raptron, alot assassin

M and I gave up on rock climbing planning. Instead, last night she had me, K and S (other circus peeps) over for dinner. We ate food, drank a little beer and watched some horrible television. It was nice to see M and catch up a bit with K and S.

Only unfortunate thing was that they were highly skeptical of the circus gym being reopened in Feb. :( Since M worked there, she seems like one to have more inside info than I do. I don't know if the owner isn't telling people much or if her email to me was overly optimistic. :( :( :( Nothing I can do about it except wait, I guess.

• Like 1

Nooooo. That's no good. I hope it turns out to be just pessimism. 

Raptron, alot assassin

No, that's prevention to make sure you don't get sick. Just rinse and repeat until threats of sickness go away.

Amen to that.

And geeze, I hope your gym does open up in Feb!  You must be getting the itch to get back on silks something fierce :(  That's no fun.

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Much better today and yesterday. Apparently I just needed, like, three extra hours of sleep or something.

Amen to that.

And geeze, I hope your gym does open up in Feb!  You must be getting the itch to get back on silks something fierce :(  That's no fun.

I am dying to get back in the air. I don't even want to think about how much I've lost in the last few months... Also, I'm starting to wonder when I will hear any peep regarding my indiegogo supporter rewards for donating to the new place start-up fund...

I'm even eyeballing the close-ish, yet slightly sketchy option of circus-ing that I've been to once, then swore I would never go back to as their standards for cleanliness and safety seemed... lacking.

There are three other options for circus-ing, but they are all more than an hour from both work and from home so really a no go, especially in the winter.

• Like 1

Much better today and yesterday. Apparently I just needed, like, three extra hours of sleep or something.

I am dying to get back in the air. I don't even want to think about how much I've lost in the last few months... Also, I'm starting to wonder when I will hear any peep regarding my indiegogo supporter rewards for donating to the new place start-up fund...

I'm even eyeballing the close-ish, yet slightly sketchy option of circus-ing that I've been to once, then swore I would never go back to as their standards for cleanliness and safety seemed... lacking.

There are three other options for circus-ing, but they are all more than an hour from both work and from home so really a no go, especially in the winter.

You could always move to colorful Colorado.  We have lots of good options here :o

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge