[New Rebels] **** Assassin Initiates **** (Chat/Q&A)

Welcome future Assassins!

AssassinTeam_zpsabb667ab.png

The Assassin Ambassadors & Assassin Guild Leaders will be checking in on this thread regularly!!

In other words, this is great place to get our attention and ask us questions.

This is also a place to chat!

A place for you - new Rebels who are thinking about becoming Assassins - to gather and get to know each other. Come in and make some friends among those you might be calling Guildmates in 4 weeks!

Subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Who are we Assassins?

We're a little bit nuts

tumblr_inline_mokox2TneA1qz4rgp.gif

But we get the job done

summerglau23.png

By whatever means we feel like

tumblr_msmzbqATHR1s714dzo1_500.gif

And you can join us!

cQRP1Jy.png

Let's start things off with a question for you:

If you could be any Assassiny-type character, from any genre, in any type of media (book/tv/movie/game) - who would you be, and Why?

(pictures and GIFs encouraged!)

Would you be like the Assassin Altaïr?  Why?

tumblr_n2tezv29wp1qfh2bxo1_500.gif

Would you be like star and stuntman Jackie Chan?  Why?

FluidEnchantingHamster.gif

Would you be like ninja Yoruichi?   Why?

giphy.gif

Would you be like the unstoppable Mindy McCready?    Why?

hit-girl-o.gif

Remember as you think of your answer, "Assassin" is a big concept!

It encompasses:

assassins

tumblr_n3vtz6LewD1rzmgjno1_500.gif

ninjas

american-ninja-warrior-o.gif

climbers

Assassin+s+creed+cat+pretty+damn+awesome

(I swear!  That cat sneaks into every Assassin topic!)

gymnasts

alyarabian.gif

traceurs

tumblr_n7u1roLxQu1scvp7io2_400.gif

dancers

original.gif

circus

aerial-silk-o.gif

and much more!

tumblr_mozif1kw721rkx1seo1_500.gif

So let us know who your assassin-type role model is as a first step in getting to know each other!

~

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Nobody yet? Really?? Well, I'll start us off...

3nGAkfJTx3dks.gif

I admit that I've actually only played a handful of Tomb Raider games, but I still have to pick Lara Croft as my biggest inspiration. She's a survivor. She's versatile, adaptable, and she can count on her own musculature to shimmy, roll, jump, flip and climb through any situation. It's the kind of strength I truly want.

It was hard to choose just one, though. I have a LOT of runner-ups!

• Like 4

Martin's wife apparently asked him not to kill Arya, since she's her favorite, too, so maybe she'll make it to the end. *fingers crossed*

As for me, my top fictional assassinspiration (shut up, it's a totally cromulent word) is Parker from Leverage.

leveragepencil.gif

And my top real world assassinspiration is Erin Shredder.

14569884229_c141851f11.jpg

• Like 4

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

Martin's wife apparently asked him not to kill Arya, since she's her favorite, too, so maybe she'll make it to the end. *fingers crossed*

As for me, my top fictional assassinspiration (shut up, it's a totally cromulent word) is Parker from Leverage.

leveragepencil.gif

What is this Leverage you speak of? I must investigate!

Well, I'm really interested in possibly climbing someday, but I don't really have a fictional inspiration there. I don't know if these guys count, but I kept coming back to them because it's really where I want to be: you get out of any scrape, you push yourself to the limit, everything is a weapon, and you kick major backside!! So my two inspirations are Glenn and Michonne from Walking Dead. (Sorry if the picture is massive! I'm still figuring all this out.)

The-Walking-Dead-S5Ep11-The-Distance-Rev

• Like 2

Leverage is terrific. A team of con artists who rip off bad guys. Parker is their master thief. She can steal anything from anybody, but doesn't quite get how people work. I salute you for this very solid choice.

Ezio is too obvious a choice -- though I love Ezio -- so I'll go with Locke Lamora. Able to improvise his way out of any situation before the enemy knows what happened.

Hi, all -- I'll definitely be joining you for the second challenge of the new year.

• Like 4

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Leverage is terrific. A team of con artists who rip off bad guys. Parker is their master thief. She can steal anything from anybody, but doesn't quite get how people work. I salute you for this very solid choice.

Ezio is too obvious a choice -- though I love Ezio -- so I'll go with Locke Lamora. Able to improvise his way out of any situation before the enemy knows what happened.

Hi, all -- I'll definitely be joining you for the second challenge of the new year.

I've been trying to read Lies of Locke Lamora and he's a little... too perfect >_< Like he can literally outthink everybody. I will probably continue with the story at some point so I'll let you know if anything changes ;)

And yay to a future!Assassin :D

I would probably pick Jason Bourne.

tumblr_m9ua5k0ZJo1qa7hzxo1_250.gif

He's not an insanely acrobatic assassin, but he gets where he needs to go to get the job done (then he gets the job done*). Plus he has perfect situational awareness. Those are both traits I would love to have.

I'm going to rock this challenge, and I can't wait to get into the Assassin's guild. I'm really excited about bodyweight workouts, as I'm stuck at home most of the time and won't be going to a gym in the foreseeable future. I would love to get into climbing and/or parkour, and have been into martial arts in the past, but mainly for the way they increase my flexibility and reaction times. 

Except that one time.

• Like 4

Level 1 Satyr Assassin

Challenges: Current1

Well, I'm really interested in possibly climbing someday, but I don't really have a fictional inspiration there. I don't know if these guys count, but I kept coming back to them because it's really where I want to be: you get out of any scrape, you push yourself to the limit, everything is a weapon, and you kick major backside!! So my two inspirations are Glenn and Michonne from Walking Dead. (Sorry if the picture is massive! I'm still figuring all this out.)

I stopped watching The Walking Dead after season 2.  I just found season 3 waaaay too boring and lost interest in the show.  But back when we first met Glenn, sneaking around the city bolting away from zombies and climbing all over the place, that was totally Assassin skills!  (I assume that was Glenn?  Dude in the picture is older, so I'm guessing he grew up?)

I Stand With Gina Carano

I would probably pick Jason Bourne.

He's not an insanely acrobatic assassin, but he gets where he needs to go to get the job done (then he gets the job done*).

Great description of an Assassin!  An acrobat may be an Assassin, but not every Assassin is an acrobat.  Bourne counts.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

It's on Netflix, for anyone who's interested in watching. I highly recommend it, especially if you like heists. :D

First time I've heard of Leverage, and Eric Shredder.  Tell me more about them! :o

Erin Shredder is a hoop artist (both body and aerial) whose work I'm just totally in awe of. The control she has over her body and her tools is phenomenal, and she's got great stage presence. This is her demo reel:

• Like 1

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

Okay a little late like always but hey I'm aspiring to be one of the assassins soon too.

So for my character I have to pick:

Naruto-uzumaki-naruto-6608510-351-500.jp

Naruto (okay more a ninja than assassin but why not).

I have to pick him because I love the mix of being stubborn and passionate but reaching your goal's through hard work. Also he also always happens to find something to be happy about and that's something I really admire and try looking for also. (Also I really love ramen too ;) )

So once again hello everybody, nice meeting you.

• Like 1

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)