[New Rebels] **** Assassin Initiates **** (Chat/Q&A)

I'm just gonna declare now, I'm going to go assassin after the next challenge. To be honest it's mostly because I love doing bodyweight workouts (but I'm so out of shape that I'm terrible at them.)

Inspiration: the clerics from Equilibrium (badass, think on their feet, gun-ninja-moves), but more Batman.

Why Batman? self-motivated, acrobatics, situational awareness, and the best gifs.

BatmanNo.gif

• Like 5

Level 1, AWRIGHT

Rodian Novice Assassin (character sheet)

Current Challenge (2 1)

It is not going well for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I really couldn't get started. I haven't met my sleep, journaling, or bodyweight goals. Diet and aerials are doing alright. What do I do when I'm not doing well? I feel like I just started and I already lost. What did I do wrong? Am I just bad at this?

Pick one thing you absolutely know you can control.  Some little, easy thing that you know you can get done with almost no fuss.  Do that thing. 

Once it's done, figure out another little thing you know you can absolutely get done, and do that.

This is the trick to getting on track when stuff starts feeling lost, overwhelming, out of control, or confusing.  Take a step back, pick something ridiculously easy to do, and do it.  By doing so, you'll have grabbed back a measure of control and accomplishment, and can build up from there.

• Like 4

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

What do I do when I'm not doing well? 

Just one thing! You don't have to do ALL the things, just do A thing. Like Hazard said, something small, controllable, that doesn't use up too many of your Willpower Points to do. Once you do, you can look back and go, "I did the thing! Therefore I am awesome!" Because you are a better person when you have done a thing. And better people are awesome.

I feel like I just started and I already lost.

You have not lost! No way Jose! You might have just started, and then not completed everything you thought you would. But that's ok! It really is. But you can do at least A thing, and that will be a win.

What did I do wrong?

Not entirely sure, but maybe just spent all your Willpower Points before you finished your goals. 

Am I just bad at this?

NO

Also: NO.

You can rock this. Srsly.

• Like 3

Level 1 Satyr Assassin

Challenges: Current1

Just one thing! You don't have to do ALL the things, just do A thing. Like Hazard said, something small, controllable, that doesn't use up too many of your Willpower Points to do. Once you do, you can look back and go, "I did the thing! Therefore I am awesome!" Because you are a better person when you have done a thing. And better people are awesome.

You have not lost! No way Jose! You might have just started, and then not completed everything you thought you would. But that's ok! It really is. But you can do at least A thing, and that will be a win.

Not entirely sure, but maybe just spent all your Willpower Points before you finished your goals. 

NO

Also: NO.

You can rock this. Srsly.

Bro and/or sis and/or peep... thank you so much. This has helped me so much. Now I think I just need to pick a favorite Assassin character to meditate on and I will be on my way...

• Like 2

Hi there.

It went kind of awful and kind of spectacular at the same time. I had huge health problems come up out of nowhere, and effectively barred me from completing half of my goals for this challenge. (As a side question, does that mean I have to wait until I can join the Assassins?) On the other hand, I DID accomplish what I could, and received tremendous support from this community, which is I suppose what it is here for. Despite huge setbacks, I did by best to stay focused, most of the time. I also learned how NOT to do a challenge.

How was your challenge, Hazard?

• Like 1

(As a side question, does that mean I have to wait until I can join the Assassins?)

If you went through four weeks of challenge, and think you've got a handle on how to do them, even if you struggled with your goals, then you're ready to move into the guild in the coming challenge.

How was your challenge, Hazard?

In the Guild, we have a pinned topic named "Assassin's Report!" for Assassin guildies to share the end of their challenge. The second post on the topic is mine.

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

I'm a bit lazy regarding writing so to answer the question I will do some copy and past ;)

I must say my first challenge went better than expected, I achieved a lot of things and learned even more, but more importantly I really enjoy the community! I really like the helpful and motivational attitude here and really enjoy to read other threads (I still feel the need to contribute more but I think that will come naturally over time). I got so many new ideas new goals and so much motivation!

I will take today to figure out my goals for the next two challenges and try to find the best way to get the challenge times and my vacation working out somehow.

I'm really itchy to jump in the assassins forum and be part of some mini-challenges but I think that has to wait till I finished my vacation (or I figure something out but I think that this will probably happen when I'm in China/Japan and will not be possible to plan at home)

• Like 2

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)