Dizz starts anew

Dizz

3 Goals, right?

Money: Have CC paid down by $1000 by end of the month. (INT/WIS)

Diet: Vegetables 5+ days a week.

Exercise: Work up a sweat 1 day a week.  (New job is long shifts, averaging 5 miles a day on the job)

Bonus: signed up for a 4 mile hilly race this weekend. It's a tough one!

I'm having a hard time balancing health with my new job. 

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

Great goals! balancing is the name of the game!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Welcome back, Dizz! Hilly Runs - woo-hoo!

Sorry to hear the new job is getting in the way. What is it? And are you still a juggling fiend?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Well hell, I posted a hi the other day and it looks like it floated away into the ether.

Hey Dizz!!

So glad to have you back! My juggling maniac. Wow, 5 miles just from work? Dang.

Hey have a great time and I'll see you around the 'hood.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I, too, work long shifts (12 hrs, 7 days pretty often), and I struggle to fit anything else in – so I feel for you. Work/fitness harmony is going to be a major project of mine this year. I'm eager to see what you discover!

Good luck in your race!

• Like 1

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

Checking in.  So what's going on is I took a new job as an Acute Dialysis nurse.  That's 4 days/12 hours.  I take a stupid big machine all over the huge hospital to patient bedsides. Often the ICU. I'm in a hurry so I speedwalk while pushing the machines.  I actually worked up a sweat yesterday turning over two sets of machines at once, lol.

I'm still a juggling maniac, haven't been to a meet in a month due to the holidays. Going back to it this weekend. I am working on different patterns with 3 balls and passing clubs mostly. 

Also big update!  I already met my money goal. Yay overtime!

Wish me luck in the race tomorrow. The plan is to speedwalk uphill and sprint downhill.  It's an out and back course through Saguaro Nat Park.  My friends are running the water station.

Current challenge

Good Luck!!!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

The race went well. Went with a friend and met up with my running club. It was super tough, but my plan worked. Walk uphill and run down. The course ended up being 4.5 miles instead of 4, hilly. I've been training 3 miles flat. Got some fun pictures out of it. Averaged 15m/mi which is pretty good for me. My friend came back and ran the last 1/2 mile with me. She's awesome.

Now, the next day, I'm super sore. Going to be stretching all day. This afternoon am going juggling.

0697bfca22c5034cbf79bf5474afe069.jpg

8294ee2e33c95356b1195d7b96301abc.jpg

• Like 1

Current challenge

The both-feet-off-the-ground shot is always the best thing in race photography. And that one's a beaut!

• Like 1

This week:

Sunday: Lazy day except for juggling.  Gave a contact juggling lesson and worked on clubs, balls and buugeng.

Monday:18 hour shift, including a stat run.... 6 hours of time and a half.

Tues:  Exhausted. Recovery day.

Wed: Unmotivated. Phoned a friend (Stooshie!) who got me going.  2.5 mile run around the block, with a steep hill.

Thu: Today.  Cardiac stress test up to HR 180.  Passed with flying colors, but followup tests ordered. Went in for family history.  Plan on easy run tonight with the running club, hoping my BF can join me.

This weekend... Work Fri/Saturday... Sunday juggling.

Food choices have been good except Tuesday... pizza.

Current challenge