tumblr_inline_ncuqj0EWGI1rvmz19.gif

It's time.

ass_kicking_101___femshep_edition_by_vig

IT'S TIME.

For what, you may not have asked- BUT I'LL ANSWER ANYWAY!

IT'S TIME... to get strong. Powerful. Bad. Ass.

Becoming a certified and recognized badass takes time and effort, of course. The first of which I have in spades. The second.. ehh.

tumblr_m2c85iB5701rs4qmoo1_250.gif

[i'm lazy]

A Bit About Me:

• I'm  a 5'9 1/2, about 145 pound 18 year old girl who is currently attending college.
  • I'm currently taking karate at my college [going on 6 months now!] and will continue after my classes are over.

My Goals For This Challenge:

• Taking My Medicine Daily - It looks gross and tastes gross, but damn if it doesn't do well for my mental health.
  • Water World - Drinking exclusively water. Liquid calories are no bueno.
  • 1 Minute Horse Stance - This is mainly to strengthen my knees; I've always had joint problems, so this SHOULD help. Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Current Badass Level:

• Kitten. I have claws but no idea how to use them- Suck.

This challenge is mainly to show myself that I CAN stick with something. There aren't any fitness-specific goals, only because of my Karate classes twice a week, which don't necessitate a goal at the moment.

3 is also a nice number.

• Like 2

Nice challenge!

For the water goal, remember tea and black coffee tend to be kosher for flavorings.  Also seltzer water has no calories, but tends to have decent flavors.  Pricy, but better than downing a liter of soda mindlessly.

Welcome to NF!

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

It took me years to get tired of the regular stuff.  I'm talking a good 6-7 years.  Nothing besides water, tea, coffee, some boozahol.  It happens.  If you can hold it off, so much the better!

• Like 1

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Thanks, Teirin!

An update to the challenge:

I feel as if my body is demanding more sugar now that I'm not getting any from my drinks of choice. Weaning myself off of sugar will likely be my central goal of the next challenge.

In other news, the water and medicine part of the challenge are going well! :D Almost a week and a half of pure water, and 6 days of taking my medicine. Woo! I -really- need to improve on the duration of my horse stance, though.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Thanks Teirin.

:3 Just got back from a walk around campus and WOW did I forget how many stairs there are to the amphitheater. Still my favorite spot around, though.

As for the eating.. I don't know what it is about the school or what changes when I arrive, but I just don't feel the urge to eat while here.

I lost -10 pounds- last semester merely because I wasn't eating enough. Or, I'd get so hungry and weak, that I'd cave and order a pizza.

And, NF ate my original post. Which is just as well, I suppose, it was rather flip.

As far as food goes, from a macronutritional standpoint, you need enough protein to preserve your structure, enough fat to regulate your hormones, and enough carbohydrate to keep your liver glycogen stores full. Which can sound like an awful lot of food, but when you run the numbers, it's actually not all that much. As long as you're getting enough to be healthy and to allow your body to flourish, then it's not necessarily so bad to forget to eat.

That being said, the trickier part about that is managing your micronutrtion - getting enough vitamins and minerals and fiber. That's where such eating patterns as you describe tend to get a little weak. If you don't mind me chiming in to advise, I would say not to worry so much about eating enough, but making sure that you're eating lots of colorful veggies and fruits.

And also having something healthy to nom on when the hunger catches up so you don't just cave and go for pizza.

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys.

Both my anxiety and health have taken a turn for the worse, I'm afraid. I believe I'm developing bronchitis [suck!] and I'm snowed-in without a way to my college's health center or the doctor.

The overall challenge has still been going swimmingly, though. Been drinking purely water, and loving it, and only missed taking my medicine once so far.

As for the 1 minute Horse Stance.. I completed it? I suppose I should have specified to where I can do it without strain, but otherwise, that part of the challenge is complete!

tumblr_myc2fwNQXa1rwfegjo1_250.gif

• Like 1

Nicely done!  Congrats on the level up!

Successfully completed the challenge and had my first drink of something that ISN'T water in 4 weeks. It was ..underwhelming.

Ha!  I know that feeling.  The "I use to think this was tasty, what was wrong with me?" feeling.  Long Live liters of water!

• Like 1