QuietRiotGrrrl Does Things. And Stuff.

QuietRiotGrrrl

tumblr_nv9kznJAJv1tit364o1_500.gif

Yeah, I couldn't think of a good theme this time around, so I'm just jumping in and we'll see what happens.  

I'm really glad this is a 4 week challenge, because I somehow managed to hurt my back and I'm not sure what I'll be able to get to for the next minute.  It happened Sunday, not doing anything crazy, just cleaning up and unpacking after vacation.  Apparently I've strained it.  That sounds so not hardcore, but its life I guess.

So, here goes for now.

Yoga 7 days a week.

At least 2 lifts per week (just bench and overhead press for now)

And 1 run each week.  Could be switched out for a ruck if my back is ok with it.  I'll check in on that later.

I'm going to explore keto as well.  So I want to be within acceptable macro ranges each day.  

So, let's do this!

Oh yeah!  Here's extras.   Rangers Gonna Ranger.

__Strength Feat: Up my Bench 1RM this round...... I never checked this one.  But I'm plotting my next round right now.  I'll test after that.

_x_Agility FeatFinish the Zombies 5k training!..........  I'm one away!  So I'm pointing it.  For excitement at closeness.

_x_Stamina FeatSpend 1 week working on plank each day, try to extend time....... Start: 30 seconds ~ 7/7 End: 48 seconds

_x_Ranger Class Feat:  Gather a few emergency provisions and get that kit started..... Emergency shovel/axe added.

• Like 11

1e6IhPX.gif

So, I got in a yoga last night. Not a program or anything, but I did as many lower back/hip moves as I could think of and I felt pretty good when I went to sleep.  Also was pretty close on macros.  I made spaghetti squash for the first time last night.  I really liked it.  Definitely going to be doing that again.

Classes start next week, so I'm trying to get Mom's birthday socks finished.  And I'm fighting the urge to join in on 2 yearlong knitting groups.  I just know its too much work for me with classes and I want to relax and knit.  I just have to fight it until February, then I won't be so tempted to join them.  I want my knitting to be relaxing and without due dates this year.  I want to actually work on my blanket!  So, no contests.  

• Like 8

tumblr_nv9kznJAJv1tit364o1_500.gif

Yeah, I couldn't think of a good theme this time around, so I'm just jumping in and we'll see what happens.  

I'm really glad this is a 4 week challenge, because I somehow managed to hurt my back and I'm not sure what I'll be able to get to for the next minute.  It happened Sunday, not doing anything crazy, just cleaning up and unpacking after vacation.  Apparently I've strained it.  That sounds so not hardcore, but its life I guess.

So, here goes for now.

Yoga 7 days a week.

At least 2 lifts per week (just bench and overhead press for now)

And 1 run each week.  Could be switched out for a ruck if my back is ok with it.  I'll check in on that later.

I'm going to explore keto as well.  So I want to be within acceptable macro ranges each day.  

So, let's do this!

Oh yeah!  Here's extras.   Rangers Gonna Ranger.

Strength Feat: Up my Bench 1RM this round

Agility Feat: Spend 1 week working on plank each day, try to extend time.

Stamina Feat: Finish the Zombies 5k training!

Ranger Class Feat:  TBD at a later date.  I'll have to think on this one.

Looks like a great challenge!  Hope the back heals up - I'm sure the yoga will help.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Silent Jay

Race: Human | Class: Ranger
Level 38
STR:103  | DEX:75  | STA:82  | CON:32  | WIS:88  | CHA:40

Key Milestones / Goals:
Complete a Spartan Sprint in 2018
  • COMPLETED on June 16, 2018
Complete a Spartan Super in 2018
  • Targeted for October 13, 2018
%
Complete a Spartan Beast in 2018
  • COMPLETED on April 28, 2018

Hey, guys!  Yes, yoga seems to help.  And the hot pad.  I'm thinking I'll foam roll tonight but I haven't tried it out to see how it will feel yet.  I have never hurt my back before.  All I could think was this growing up getting older thing kind of sucks.  And I'm kind of dying to lift, so that will need to happen either tonight or tomorrow morning.  No deadlift or squats until I'm feeling better, but I can bench all day long!

xGmUuoT.gif

Also, I'm really feeling the Angel this morning.  Might have to watch that again sometime soonish.

• Like 9

Found you! Heal up soon.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Awe, hope the back gets to feeling better soon, doesn't take a major injury to really mess you up for awhile.

Nice simple goals are a good change of pace sometimes, especially when dealing with an injury. :)

stalking back!

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Ha!  I finally found you...  I'm sure I'm missing other peoples but I can't figure out who...  

62272210.jpg

Any whoo....  

Your plan looks great!  Take it easy on the back for a while. And moar yoga!!!  I'm gonna need my yoga buddies  :playful:  Keto sounds like a good short term plan but its hard to maintain for too long (I last about 14 days max)   Sometimes giving a deadline to our favorite hobbies makes them not so much fun, so good luck saying NO to the knitting groups!  

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple

I was wondering where you were.  Take care of that back!!  Yoga 7 days a week is hard core yoga.  Watch those forward bends with your back.  I guess it depends on whats going on with your back but they can flare mine up sometimes.  Following!

• Like 3

Rangering since Sept 2015

Good goals!

I never tried yoga but my growing love for stretching might lead me there one day. When I hurt my back I often cure it with a few excessively long sessions in a hot shower, keeping the jet where it hurts while stretching.

Good luck on your 4 weeks challenge

• Like 1

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

Ah ha! There you are! Isn't it weird how we can go out and do crazy things and come out of it unscathed, but then end up hurting ourselves doing something completely boring. I once pulled a muscle in my neck bending down to pick up my cat!

I hope your back heals up soon, good idea on keeping your goals simple this time round till you are healed up. I think one of the benefits of a shorter challenge is it gives you enough time to recover from a minor injury without going stir crazy for 6 weeks!

xGmUuoT.gif

Also, I'm really feeling the Angel this morning.  Might have to watch that again sometime soonish.

This gif has just reminded me how upset I was at Fred's fate. Oh the feels!

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Well I can only do the lower body work. Maybe between the two of us, we can do a full workout.

You don't need a theme with an awesome gif like that. Is that like a Muppet barbarian? I like it!!! Awesome gifs is totally a theme for a challenge.

fred-and-angel-puppet-o.gif

It's Angel!  They had some funny episodes.

Ha!  I finally found you...  I'm sure I'm missing other peoples but I can't figure out who...  

62272210.jpg

Any whoo....  

Your plan looks great!  Take it easy on the back for a while. And moar yoga!!!  I'm gonna need my yoga buddies  :playful:  Keto sounds like a good short term plan but its hard to maintain for too long (I last about 14 days max)   Sometimes giving a deadline to our favorite hobbies makes them not so much fun, so good luck saying NO to the knitting groups!  

I just have to hold out until February!  Then I'll be missing out on the yearlong prizes and those contests will be much less tempting.

tumblr_nedqjoQGhy1s3h43ko1_500.gif

I knew I was missing someone to follow! It looks like you've got a solid plan of how to get your back fixed up, I hope you heal up soon! :)

tumblr_inline_myejkz8RLg1qmxlcr.png

EXACTLY what I was thinking :)  I still haven't made the full rounds on my following.  I'll work on that some more today.

I was wondering where you were.  Take care of that back!!  Yoga 7 days a week is hard core yoga.  Watch those forward bends with your back.  I guess it depends on whats going on with your back but they can flare mine up sometimes.  Following!

I'm not sure if its helping, but it doesn't hurt and my brain feels like the yoga helps, so I'll keep it up.   Thanks :)  I'm not doing any crazy yoga poses.  Pretty basic.

Good goals!

I never tried yoga but my growing love for stretching might lead me there one day. When I hurt my back I often cure it with a few excessively long sessions in a hot shower, keeping the jet where it hurts while stretching.

Good luck on your 4 weeks challenge

If I had more than a crappy inconsistent pressured apartment shower, that might work.  Jets sound nice.  Sometimes our shower is normal, and some days it tried to beat you into the ground.  They're supposed to be fixing that soon.  I hope.

Looks good! Lots of things to try. Yoga 7 days a week sounds interesting...I was going to say that maybe it's too hard/inflexible, but then I remembered that I'm trying to do a running streak. Pot should not call the kettle black :-)

We can do it!

0017-logo-366x366.jpg

Ah ha! There you are! Isn't it weird how we can go out and do crazy things and come out of it unscathed, but then end up hurting ourselves doing something completely boring. I once pulled a muscle in my neck bending down to pick up my cat!

I hope your back heals up soon, good idea on keeping your goals simple this time round till you are healed up. I think one of the benefits of a shorter challenge is it gives you enough time to recover from a minor injury without going stir crazy for 6 weeks!

This gif has just reminded me how upset I was at Fred's fate. Oh the feels!

Yeah, my actual hurting came when I bent over to pick up Mike's socks off the floor.  Just wrong.  I'm definitely glad for a short one.  I'm hoping my next challenge I'll be good to lift normal and do all the stuff and thangs!

And YES.  Fred was awesome.  I liked her at the end with the blue though.  Kind of grew on me.

tumblr_lwssih80Ch1qaimf2o3_500.giftumblr_lotxo1aQ1x1qlpubfo1_500.gif

• Like 5

tumblr_m6ly2ih80c1qbgx8ao1_250.gif

We'll keep up the Angel today then.  (Man, I really think I need to get some watching in somewhere).  So I yoga'd last night before bed for about 45 minutes.  Felt great.  

Also, TMI side note:

Mike was please to discover my back injury does not preclude sex. I was sad to discover it means I can't move so much. Not quite as much fun as it should be. Le sigh.

I also did some planking in between stretches.  Just a couple 30 second planks.  I haven't planked for awhile though.  It was nice to get back to it and that it doesn't stress that particular spot on my back either.  I'm down to now it only really hurts when I sit still too long, and when I get up from sitting.  I'm so thankful to not have the kind of back problems some of my friends and family have.  I'm really feeling the sympathy for them with my little struggle.

Also, I did great on food yesterday!  I was only 1 point off on all my macros.  Going to try to do it again today!  I was pretty proud of myself.  And since its all foods I love, I'm hoping it won't be hard to stick with it.  I just have to avoid chocolate and cookies and chips.  Those are my devils.

• Like 6

MOAR ANGEL

Glad to hear the back issue isn't too much of an inconvenience ;) I had the same good/bad deal with my surgeries last year, so I know the feels.

Back problems do suck pretty hardcore. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with pain so much (at least not anymore) as I do a slight immobility. Hopefully you will be back and at em 100% very soon!

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Watch your hamstrings and roll your feet a lot with a lacrosse ball..and use topical magnesium spray. The combination of that stuff plus the yoga you do should help your back a LOT. I've dealt with sciatica and low back issues since I was like 15..and have learned a thing or two about healing up dat back :) I hope it gets better EXTRA soon!

Angel_Watching_Buffy_Fighting_Caleb.gif

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Watch your hamstrings and roll your feet a lot with a lacrosse ball..and use topical magnesium spray. The combination of that stuff plus the yoga you do should help your back a LOT. I've dealt with sciatica and low back issues since I was like 15..and have learned a thing or two about healing up dat back :) I hope it gets better EXTRA soon!

Angel_Watching_Buffy_Fighting_Caleb.gif

Wolf

Thanks for the tips!  I'll have to check that out.

Oh, of all injuries back injuries suck the most. Hope you get better soon!

I've got just one question... what does TMI stand for?

Too Much Information.  

I second that magnesium spray suggestion! Also, I'm a big of the TENS unit. You can get pretty cheap ones off of amazon. Especially nice after a long workout.

mf8rg.gif

ALSO: FOLLOWING.

Double endorsement!  I really need to look into that stuff.

Also, dancing!

tumblr_lpmfuapnN21qicl98.gif

• Like 4

OK, life stuff.  

There is a chance that Mike and I could get jobs at my brother's company in KS and move there.  A chance.  Its only slightly better money than we both make now, but way better benefits than I have and something Mike is actually interested in doing (he hates his current job).  We are going to look into the course my brother recommended and the openings are still being finalized (plus we'd have to apply and all that - its just a chance).  It would just be a big move and just when we were trying to get a house here, so we'd need to look at getting something there instead.  IF it works out,  and it would have to work out for both of us or we'd have to separate while the other one tries to find work and get themselves moved out as well.  It would not involve accounting, which is what I'm going to school for right now.  I guess, I'm just worried that it will be such a huge change, but since we haven't yet bought a house here its good timing.  And it will be closer to my family (which I love) and farther from Mike's family (which he loves).  My only complaints would be that its Kansas and I'd really miss all the hills and hiking trails and of course my friends around here (and I love my yarn shop!).  But the job opportunities from this initial basic opening are huge. 

Not sure there's a question in there.  But any thoughts?  This is just a really big thing.

Aside from these talks that are going on right now, we've also been talking marriage and kids recently.  All big things.  Just thinking about it makes me need deep breaths.  I may need extra yoga tonight :)

• Like 5