Hi, my name is Dax and I can not do a pull up to save my life. I have four weeks until I need to be able to do at least two. What I've got going for me is that I can do a lot of pushups and am in pretty alright shape. What I've got going against me is that the last time I did a pull up, I tore my shoulder apart. That was a few years ago, but it's got me spooked and the darn thing feels like it didn't heal properly.

However, excuses aren't my style and I really, really liked the post about how to properly do a pull up so here I am.

Hello and welcome to the Rebellion! Why in four weeks?

In any event, you could start with the early weeks of the Twenty Pull-Ups Challenge to try and help you along. There are also other pull up progressions, but they might take longer than this time frame you have set. But really, be careful with your shoulder...stretch and don't attempt to overdo anything or force things...that could've contributed to your shoulder injury the last time.

Just a few thoughts for you. Good luck!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

hey dax welcome to the community! why do you need to be able to do pullups in 2 weeks? also, have you been to a doctor for your shoulder?

Four weeks, actually - I gave myself a little time. I'm almost there, I just can't get those last two inches. It's a job-related requirement, but I won't be fired if I can't. Just shamed in front of many, many others.

I have been to a doctor, but short of surgery (and I'm not interested in that) there's not much to be done except "tentatively" strengthen it.