Happy New Year! This year is going to be AWESOME!

Now on to the challenge...

Complete my morning and night time routine at least 5x a week

I am experimenting with a new morning and night routine. I have always had healthy teeth :D  and I generally have good brushing habits, but I have been noticing that my teeth have not been looking so great. I have been doing a lot of research lately about natural oral hygiene and want to give some of it a try.

Every morning: Oil pulling, relax with kitty while waking up, workout (strength, yoga, elliptical, etc depending on the day), brush with homemade tooth powder, floss, homemade mouthwash, wash face, get ready for work.

Every night: repeat teeth routine, wash face, get ready for bed, stretch, read

Healthy Meals

My husband and I have been struggling to plan meals lately. We love to cook, but we often do not plan ahead, so come meal time we are stumped about what to have. We are experimenting with planning a day ahead. The goal is to cook 5 days out of the week, but hopefully we will be able to do all of them.

Mastering the Pullup

For those of you following along. The last few challenges have been focusing on push ups. I can happily announce that I can now do 5 push ups :triumphant:  (15 in a full routine)! When I started NF I could not do a single regular pushup!

Now I am aiming a little higher. It's time for PULL UPS.

My plan is to work on pull ups 3 times a week. Right now I can pull myself up half way and hold it (couldn't do that when I started NF!)

Seeking Knowledge and Improved Skills

Complete a combination of 30mins of skill advancement 3 times per week. This can include studying programming, practicing clarinet, juggling, etc.

• Like 1

Level 4 Assassin

Challenges: Current 1 2 3 | Trackers: Current 1 2 3

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Good luck base 16 damsel!

Congratulations on your pushup progress. The pull up is a great goal. It will come with persistence.

What kinds of programming have you done?

I started school this year because I want to program for a living eventually.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Hi Relic!

My skills are mostly web based. I develop web portals for companies to help maintain their brand standards by building templates based on their current collateral that their employees can proof and order online. I am that odd combination of designer / programmer. Though I prefer code.
I know the basic web stuff like html, css, javascript, some php, a bit of this and that of other languages. Right now I am looking into web services like SOAP so I can help our clients with single sign on from their intranets to our portals.

What are you planning on studying?

Level 4 Assassin

What are you planning on studying?

I have my sights set on a BS in software engineering (just started).

I've played with Java and C++ so far and the CS class I just started will give me a taste of assembly (but I don't expect to develop a taste for that)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Now I am aiming a little higher. It's time for PULL UPS.

My plan is to work on pull ups 3 times a week. Right now I can pull myself up half way and hold it (couldn't do that when I started NF!)

What are you doing those 3 times per week to work on pullups?

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

I have my sights set on a BS in software engineering (just started).

I've played with Java and C++ so far and the CS class I just started will give me a taste of assembly (but I don't expect to develop a taste for that)

The sounds fun and challenging. I wish I had gotten into Java and C++, right now I'm mostly focused on advancing skills for my job. Perhaps I will find time later on. Good luck with your class.

What are you doing those 3 times per week to work on pullups?

I have a pullup bar. I am currently working on negative pull ups.

Level 4 Assassin

What is your take on oil pulling? Has it been working well for you?

When I first started, I experienced a couple of headaches, which I was expecting, but they have subsided and I haven't had one since. With the combination of oil pulling and the homemade tooth powder and mouthwash, my teeth are noticeably whiter and the dark lines / stains that were starting to form in the crowns of some of my molars are gone. My teeth are also not as sensitive and seem to take hot and cold better. I don't usually have a huge issue with acne, but I do get 1-2 pimples each month, this has not happened so far. Is this the result of the oil pulling? Possibly, so I think I will keep up with it for now. I made oil pulling chews so it is easy to wake up and pop one in my mouth while going about my morning.

If you are curious about it, I would recommend trying it. Each person's experience is different.

Level 4 Assassin