• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I saw the creators of p90X, insanity, etc now have an on demand option for all of their programs.  Has anyone tried it out yet?  It comes to $40/quarter and my work has a reimbursement program for gym memberships or weight loss programs which I'm sure I could get this to qualify under one or the other.

I've seen the P90X program DVDs years ago but never borrowed them long enough to do the whole program.  It looks like they have a good mix of yoga, strength, and cardio programs.  I work out in a low ceiling basement so I can't jump very high without my hands going through the ceiling and I have nothing to mount a chin up bar to.  Would these programs still be worth it?

• Like 1

I have it and I use it weekly! I have been successful in modifying programs for what I have and still feel they are worth it. The variety alone is really great. I have friends who live in apartments who aren't able to do jumps/heavy things and they enjoy it just fine, still, too.

Here is a link if you want to try it out - it's free for your first 30 days, so if you end up not liking it, just cancel and no harm, no foul.

If you have any questions just ask or PM me. Happy to answer without any sale-yness. Promise :) I hate sales tactics. Whatever works for you is what is best.

my work has a reimbursement program for gym memberships or weight loss programs which I'm sure I could get this to qualify under one or the other.

Wow that's a cool program your work has!

Yeah the reimburse up to $30 for monthly gym memberships if you go 12 times a month.  They reimburse another $30/month for things like weight watchers or Jenny Craig.  I submitted the stuff to have the beachbody on demand program evaluated if it qualifies and should find out soon if they will reimburse me.  They also extend the reimbursement to spouses that are on my company's healthcare plan.  

Rumor has it they are actually building a small workout area on property for employees.

My wife and I started the 10 minute trainer program to gradually ease us into a habit of working out together in the evening.  Its easy to find 10 minutes to do it and the chest workout was pretty tough using the resistance bands.

I prepped meals for the week for myself and my wife.  I made a big egg/peppers/bacon bake and cut it into 10 pieces so its ready to go in the mornings.  I tried a fish taco recipe for lunch this week and am going to try raw avocado for the first time today.  I baked up some tilapia with lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and pepper.  It sounds good and since my wife doesn't eat seafood its a way to get it in my diet on my own.

• Like 2

Sounds like this is an awesome step, then! I like the 10 minute trainer a lot when I don't have time to really get a big workout in. I also really like the food plans and calendars are all on there, too. I hope you keep enjoying it!

I use on demand daily, and have mostly stuck to p90x3, and I love it. I will say, I started out more of a beginner and it was very tough for me at first, and after 80something days there are still plenty of moves I can't do without HEAVY modification, but I sweat, and I've gained strength, and I like it a lot more than going to a gym or self-paced training (I am very bad at pacing myself, and I don't like gym crowds).

I can't speak to any of the other programs out there, but I've got my eye on ChaLEAN Extreme next just to check it out. If I don't like it, I'm likely to start the lean schedule of p90x3 instead. There are some great rated beginner programs available, too, if you don't like the idea of heavy modification of a more extreme workout. 

When I say I modify p90x3, I mean that I can't do any kind of plyo pushup (like, one half of one at best now), so during those moves I just do as many straight push ups as I can, and try really hard to do one plyo at the end of the set. I use light or no weights when the move is one I have 0 balance on or bad form. The point is to always be doing what you can when you modify, so that you're not just staring blankly for 30 seconds to a minute while the tv models do the hard stuff. 

I also may check out the challenge du jour that they have at some point, but right now I'm like 10 days from finishing p90x3, so ... not yet :)

The hardest part for me is my basement has some carpeting over cement floor and a drop ceiling.  I'm 6 foot and can touch the ceiling without jumping so some exercises I have to duck my head and keep my arms down if jumping is required.  There are no door frames for resistance bands or pull up bars either.  There is a support pillar that I may be able to wrap my bands around but I'm not sure how sturdy the decorative wood around it is and the sofa is in front of it.  I guess I'll just work through what I can and adapt the best of my ability. 

• Like 1

My program is based entirely around the Beachbody video routines.  Particularly, I’m basing them around the Tony Horton routines because I like his humor and energy.  I’m addicted to the OnDemand from Beachbody.  Right now, I’m on a recovery week doing Ho' Ala ke Kino, but my next program will be the original Power 90.  I just got done with the Beginner-level Great Body Guaranteed! program and lost greatly.  Check my Battle Log for yesterday’s post for my measurements and changes over the last 30 days of the program.