Four days late and holding a cup of tea

Level 3 Monk here looking to multiclass with the Assassins! I'm at a point in my art where I can coast along in classes and not have to worry too much about nailing down technique, so I'd thought now would be a good time to get my body control in shape so that I can do other cool things.

Fitness Goals:
1. Do /r/bodyweightfitness' Beginner Body Weight Routine at least twice a week.

2. Keep up with the wrist strengthening exercises from PT.

Diet Goals:
3. Eat at least one whole piece of fresh fruit each day.

Life Goals:
4. Complete all assigned readings for school.

And now for the verbose break down of the goals:

1. I'd like to do three, but with grad school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and my sword classes on Saturdays and Mondays, it's hard to find three days in a week that I can separate out from each other for rest days. So I'm aiming for Thursday and Sunday for exercising.

2. I got sprained at fight night in July, and reinjured it in August's fight night. I went to my doctor and got a round of physical therapy to get it back to shape. I haven't been keeping up on my workouts here, so I need to get back to doing them every day.

3. I'm not too concerned about my diet. Maybe when school lightens up, I can maybe turn some attention to calorie count and whatnot, but for now I should turn my sweet tooth to oranges and apples instead of Milk Duds and Mike & Ikes

4. I've never been one to do all the readings for school (and I've always done fine without them), but I'm taking a cognitive science class and, by Thor's hammer, I want to read all of them because it's a cool ass subject.

Please feel free to ask any clarifying questions! I'd be happy to expound.

• Like 2

Level 5 Monk (Broadsword Focus), Level 1 Assassin

Battle Log | Fitness Tumblr

Challenges: Currens | Octavus | Septimum | Sextum | Quintum | Quartum | TertiumSecundum | Primum

Here because of sword classes :P

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

So how was your first week?

• Like 1

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

First/Second week was good!

I got to the gym last Friday, Sunday and Yesterday, as well as my sword classes on Saturday and Monday.

I've done band training with my right hand every day that I've not been at the gym, and I have full range of motion though it's still tight at full supination. I only did two fights last weekend at fight night, but no problems there. Let's see how it acts tonight when I'm sparring with steel. I need to work stretches into my daily wrist exercises.

Having a bag of oranges at my desk has really encouraged me to have a whole piece of fruit every day.

I've done the assigned readings for my Cog Sci class, though I'm rereading one of the denser items, and I've a long weekend ahead of me, so I hopefully can get through the supplemental material too. I've also been keeping up on the class discussion forum, though I keep bringing everything back to evolution and anatomy.

A friend encouraged me to use Habitica, a productivity RPG, and it's been really helpful at making sure I get my stuff done.

Challenges: Currens | Octavus | Septimum | Sextum | Quintum | Quartum | TertiumSecundum | Primum

I tried Habitica last year, but didn't get the hang of it. I'm glad it works for you. I'm noting my progress on a note now.

Spoiler

I tried Habitica last year, but didn't get the hang of it. I'm glad it works for you. I'm noting my progress on a note now.

This is my third go at Habitica. A friend gave me advice: "Make one goal, long term but doable, and aim towards it."  My goal there is a single ring muscle up. It seems achievable as it's only one and it's basically requisite for the more spectacular movement stuff, but at the same time, I definitely have to keep up with my exercises to get on with it.

I've been making progress. I can keep my parallel bar (dip station) support for a whole minute before having to rest. Same for the wall plank. And it almost seems that each week I'm going lower on my incline rows.

My only complaint is that soon I'll have to add in the pull-ups and the dips and extend my workout by another ten to fifteen minutes. DX

That reminds me, that I didn't eat many fruits last month, too.

Is your wrist fine again? Good luck for your next challenge.

Spoiler