Rebelling: A Primer - Mini Challenge #2 posted

Absidey

All right rebels, in honor of the first ever challenge for many and the first of the year for others, here is my first ever mini-challenge. 

I want you to tell us one thing you're excited about doing this year that your goals will help you accomplish. It could be a dozen more steps away, or your success might be imminent, but being excited about something will help keep you motivated for the less fun parts of fitness. I know I lose sight of my goals when there are fresh baked cookies in the office kitchen. If you have a big goal you are working towards, but haven't really thought of what it will mean for you, think about it! Introspection is an important part of changing ourselves.

excited.jpg

I'm excited about a Tough Mudder in the fall. It's a lot of things I can't currently do. Some things I couldn't do last year, but I can do now. Some thing I once thought I'd never do. Thinking about it now, I know I can get there if I stay focused and that's really exhilarating.

MINI CHALLENGE #2

Now that everyone has had a chance to settle into their challenge - let's take a look at our goals! Are there things you didn't expect or account for? Are any of your goals harder or easier than you expected? Have you learned anything so far that will change how you approach your goals for the next challenge? For this mini, I want you to think of something that could derail your intentions for 2 of your goals. (Not permanently, but for a given day/workout/week.) Then tell us what you could do to get the goal back on track and accomplish it anyway. Even if it never happens, having a plan for how you will deal with complications helps keep you moving forward and working towards your goals. 

• Like 6

Absidey

LEVEL12

STR11 DEX13 STA20

CON29 WIS17 CHA11

Fear is the mind-killer.

Main Goal: Lose 20 Hip/Waist inches

95%
95%

Current Challenge

I am excited about paying off several collections that I never ever ever ever thought I would take care of. I have been using YNAB since last September and it has saved my life. Now I am considering buying a house at the end of the year if I can get my FICO up enough! I am also excited to be finishing community college and starting university next fall. I am feeling accomplished!

• Like 7

Tink the Friendly Ogre

Ogre | Level 0

| STR 0 | DEX | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

MAIN QUEST - Weigh below 300 lbs by June 1st (1.6 lbs per week)

GOAL 1 - Track all calories in MyFitnessPal|GOAL 2 - In bed by 11PM, out of bed by 7 AM|GOAL 3 - No more Soda!!

SIDE QUEST - Put an extra $100 towards debt.

Keep me Accountable! Add me on Facebook|MyFitnessPal Send me a PM first though!

My NF CharacterEpic Quest | Challenge 1

I'm excited about figuring out plans and having a helper to help get to my goals. Excited about planning for a trip for myself this summer. Excited about the quick weight loss from giving up sugar and processed foods just four days ago. I'm excited  to hopefully have a better mind to deal with stress around me. 

• Like 5

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

No so much a specific event - but I am excited about the possibility of becoming the best version of "me" that I can, and doing it in the company of some awesome fellow rebels!

It's a goal I will never be finished working on, but I plan on having a great time during the journey!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

I am excited to buying a house this spring and getting married this summer.  I am excited that I will be in good enough shape to do all of the work necessary to get the house in order. 

• Like 8

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

I'm excited because I'll finally take diving lessons this month. Also I'm excited because during this year I'll put toghether my portfolio! 

Adulthood scares me shitless, but I'm kinda excited about it too... This year I have to figure out a lot of thing, wish me luck  :onthego:

• Like 5

Level 0 Hobbit 

Weight loss goalâ–º14k

5%
5%

I am excited about finally succeeding in losing weight...

also for kicks in giggles due to the icon for the topic starter...

"HEY....WHAT'S GOING ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN?"

• Like 4

We Live for the One, We Die For the One - Ranger Slogan from Babylon 5

We can do this - Hertasi Motto from Mercedes Lackey Valdemar Series (and my motto for the character i created per Steve's recent email

Allons-y - Catchphrase for the Tenth Doctor

Purchased Nerd Fitness Yoga Basic 1/25/16

Link to my NF Character - https://www.nerdfitness.com/level-up/my-character/  Warning lengthy story, mostly based on me.in reality

Shidohari: Level 3 Human Rebel

Stats:

STR - 2/ DEX - 6/ CON - 5/ STA - 5/ WIS - 5

Waist (measured right below belly button) 42.25 inches.  Hips 44.5 inches taken 2/8/15

Goal Weight 185

90%
90%

I'm excited to hopefully lose enough weight to be allowed to using this (hopefully already this summer :) )

Also I'm excited to finally join a more professional kickboxing-gym again (and being fit enough to do that without feeling bad or ashamed every training)

• Like 5

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

I'm excited to visit home in the end of March and show my family how well I'm doing :)

I'm also excited to be starting personal training next week. I really like the guy who is going to be my trainer, he seems knowledgeable and excited to help me reach my goals, and I think it's going to go really well and I can't wait!

But what I'm really excited about is the fact that I'm excited about how I'm bettering myself & my body. In the past I always said I was going to make changes but really wasn't that into it, so surprise surprise it didn't happen. But this time it feels different and I'm actually motivated so I think this is the time I actually stop talking about making changes and actually accomplish them!

Friends1.gif

• Like 6

Snakes, Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?

Race: ? Level: 1

Highest Weight 220 

Current Weight 202 

Goal Weight 140

I'm excited about being able to daily walk a brisk half-hour

To wearing all white

To not just lose this 12 pounds, but to keep it off through good habits

To have a really fun year of NF, leveling up every dang month, and meeting some cool people along the way

file:///Users/lauriepass/Desktop/excited-geese.gif

PS to figuring out how to add memes to my posts!
  • Like 5

Scout, Level 2

[sTR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]

0.00%
0.00%

I'm excited this year for my 10 year reunion - not a goal, but a pretty big push to Look My Best, and not just keep the status quo that has been in place for the last five of those years. 

Also excited to learn what my "thing" will be, the exercise that works for me. Weights, yoga, etc (not running. that was eliminated ages ago), I've never had a thing and I want to one:)

• Like 2

Level 2 Amazon Rebel

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON  | WIS 0 | CHA 0

The January Reset

I'm excited about...

• The Spartan Sprint in June
  • The Disneyland Paris half marathon in September.
  • Seeing my toes by the end of the year.
  • A new IT job with a good friend.
  • A new IT class the is one week a month (part of the job).

For now I think it is enough.

• Like 3

My First Challenge

Runkeeper: https://runkeeper.com/user/deuxcolors/

Long term goals - Lose 45kg (100lbs) - From 125kg (275lbs) to 80kg (176lbs)

0.5%
0.5%

Watch me chew coal and spit diamonds.

I'm excited about graduating. Exercise has been a huge benefit for my mental health in the past and I know it will continue to be.

• Like 1

Starting Weight:     220lbs

Current Weight:     230lbs

Goal Weight:            150lbs

Reboot 2: Perfectionism Horse

Reboot 1: Charity Masquerade Wheel II Wheel Triumphant Present Stumbles

Past Challenges: 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1