Tundralily: A New Hope

tundralily

Last time on the Rebellion

I didn't finish my last challenge, and have been struggling over the last couple months with adulting. I got laid off, had some difficult family situations, and am generally exhausted with life right now.

After a couple months away from the rebellion, I'm ready to come back and get my life back in order! Most of these goals are recycled from my last challenge, but I'm feeling like they are want I need right now.

Main Quest:

Health, wholeness and healing in body, mind, and spirit.

Motivation

I will face each day with an open heart, be adventurous in all the ways that piqued my curiosity, have specific long-term goals, and practice kindness and compassion towards myself. I will meet myself where I am with love, compassion, and without judgement. I will celebrate the smallest of successes and be gentle with myself if I fail, focusing instead on learning what works for me. I am a unstoppable, untamed and wild force of nature when I go through life with all of my mind, body and soul.

Challenge Aim:

This challenge, I'm focusing on cultivating a new hope as I heal and recover from the last couple months.

06e69ae38500e73f355257b9f4eac1d0.jpg

Quest 1: Grit

I haven’t consistently done any strength training in over 3 months. This challenge, I’m a woman with a plan, and employing some grit to get it done. My aim is to complete 1 strength training work out per week. I know that I won't get too far with only 1 day per week, but I'm really looking forward to building this habit up. 

Goal: 1 strength workout per week

Quest 2:  Growth

My mornings need to be kicked up a notch. I’m struggling to get out of bed onto time, and feel exhausted after I get out of bed. To tackle my morning blues, I’m modifying my last challenge goal of 2 mins daily yoga into at least one daily movement (i.e. one downward dog). It can be whatever my body needs that day, but I have to move!

Goal: 1 daily movement after waking up

Quest 3: Gratitude

I want to show my body gratitude for everything that it does for me on a daily basis. Good food is the way to go! I want to try a new paleo recipe every week for the rest of the challenge. 

Goal: 3 new paleo recipes (1/week)

Quest 4: Grace

My hubby and I are in a time of preparation and waiting for the next major transition in our lives: possibly moving home in the new year.  My family and best friends live 3000km from where we are, and my heart is telling me that it is time to go home.

In order to go home, I need to find a job! My goal is to send out 1 resume per week. 

Goal: 1 resume per week.

• Like 2

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Challenged posted!

IlJq1c9.gif

• Like 2

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Love your quests, those are really great goals! 

I fully understand the call for returning home. Hubs and I moved out to BC (Lower mainland area) and it took a couple years to build roots and actually want to stay. It's been 8 years now, and our friends/family are starting to have children back home. I've never felt so removed from them. We don't have any plans for children of our own, but the call to move back home gets really strong some times. BC is lovely, and I've really grounded myself with some absolutely wonderful people...but home is where the heart is.

I like the idea of a yoga pose to help the mornings feel less traumatic too! I'm curious to see how well that works for you :)

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Hey there, Beautiful!!

Sounds like a great set of goals!!  I'm especially proud of you for showing yourself grace and gratitude and deciding to learn from the stumbles rather than punish yourself for "failures".  Just remember, true failure is only when you don't learn from experiences, mistakes or unexpected challenges.

Being a US Navy Spouse, I can TOTALLY relate to your and Kilyra's situations!  We've been stationed overseas since 2010 & we haven't seen our family (live) since...thank goodness for Skype...although the time difference can be cumbersome!  We won't be up to PCS for another year...and we're hoping to go back Stateside, but it will depend on where the Navy needs us the most...

Hang in there and keep up the great work!  I'll keep cheering you on!!

Friends.jpg

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

So how did your Week 2 go?

Hang in there, Beautiful!  You're half way there!

lotusflier.jpg

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride