I want to look better in a banana suit!

Today I finally gave in and signed up for Nerd Fitness, something I have wanted to do for a while now. Not only am I new to NF, but to the online community in general. This is my first post in a forum :)

Customizing my Batcave!

1. Charge my phone across the room in a speaker dock and play annoying or mellow music 10 min earlier than I normally would. It will require much more effort to hit the snooze button now! Use that extra 10 min to be more productive.

2. Stop leaving any snacks in my room. Leave everything in the garage pantry! Its downstairs, and tooooo cold to sneak into in the middle of the night.

3. Water everywhere, as far as the eye can see! Fill up my bottles and stash them in every corner of my room, car and desk! I need to drink more water!!!!!! Are there tardis shaped water bottles? That might motivate me a bit more.

I work 40+ hours and have multiple activities in the evenings, I love my sleep and working out at the gym is no fun without a friend! Any tips, advice or things that have helped any of you? I try to hike on weekends, I have a few workout dvds and am willing to downsize some furniture in my room in order to utilize these dvds.

My job constantly has the sweets and deliciousness everywhere, all the time and for free. It never ends. And my roommates buy, bake and offer me food ALL the time. I have very little strength in me most days to say no, especially after a long, difficult day at work...heck who am I kidding? I never have strength when it comes to resisting anything edible. I love food.

Overall, I just want to look better in this banana suit. Costume kickball is coming up and I don't want to be the lumpy banana sliding across home base. f54ec28d5c47760b6e76b47614b19f01.jpg

"When it rains, it pours.

So put on your rain boots

And enjoy the storm!"

• Like 6

And enjoy the storm."

I had to know if you meant a literal banana suit. Now I know, and I regret nothing.

I know how the food at work thing goes. My lunches are provided at work, and they are always amazing. Eventually, I had to ask them to bring smaller portions of everything. Even so, it's easier for me to treat it as the central meal of my day.

As for exercise, the real trick is finding a go-to favourite. Everyone's different here, of course. Finding a way to make workouts into play can make a huge difference.

• Like 2

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Working with kids means theres always a surprise waiting for me in the teachers lounge or on my desk. From bags of chips to rice crispy treats (my kryptonite), I never know what temptation awaits me each day!!! Today was especially good though, I was given Cheetos and gummies and quickly handed them off to another teacher who gladly accepted them! *phew* Then I came home and the roommates brought home a pie from Marie Calendars (Whyyyy!!!????) and I jumped in my car and drove away....

• Like 2

And enjoy the storm."

The parents are no help either, sending their kids with double snacks (one for them one for Ms.R), baking goods for the staff, class parties, birthdays, holidays....how do you NOT put on that extra 10 lbs each school year ? [emoji6]

• Like 1

And enjoy the storm."

Why not announce to the rest of your teacher friends to NOT hand you anything, because you're taking your health seriously? The kids might need a bit more to understand, but I'm certain they'll catch on as well. Just let them know that you're not being rude, it's just that you can't eat those things any more.

For now, start small, try doing a small workout routine, and then make it a staple in your daily routine, afterwards you can increase the intensity in various ways.

BTW You look AWESOME in that banana suit :P

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

The hardest part is when no one else is around and the snacks surround me...My intentions were to just try one, maybe two....but then somehow I end up eating nearly all of them! I might be forced to spend my breaks in the safety of my snackless car!

[emoji851]Thanks.

• Like 2

And enjoy the storm."

The hardest part is when no one else is around and the snacks surround me...My intentions were to just try one, maybe two....but then somehow I end up eating nearly all of them! I might be forced to spend my breaks in the safety of my snackless car!

[emoji851]Thanks.

Then that's when you face the greatest of challenges: The Trial of your Integrity!

First of all, Don't trust yourself! As you stated before, 'just one' becomes two, becomes the whole plate/box! Immediately turn around or distance yourself from said snacks!

Secondly, you're going to make mistakes, that's not the problem, that's natural. The problem is letting one mistake change your entire perspective "Welp, I ate this one brownie, guess I'll chug a 2 liter of soda and won't workout tonight"

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Welcome!

Hmm... maybe make and bring your own snacks?  Something healthier that you still like (or even love), so you know you have an alternative and you don't feel like you're depriving yourself (fancy hummus with veggies, maybe?).  If you have the time/energy, packaging it up cute like in bento boxes would also make it feel like a special treat.

• Like 1

i've found it easiest to fit my eating schedule so that i'm too full for snacks about all the time.. and still i'm eating candy while writing this. :D

towards the training... Jothra kinda nailed it. most important thing is to find a thing you like to do/ that causes results you like. when you have clarified what you want to do, it's a lot easier to plan. and plan well. if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

• Like 1

Welcome rebrum! I'm also brand new to the forums and the online community, but have been lurking for YEARS! It feels great to take that first step and actually post something.

And I feel your struggle! Rice Krispie treats are the worst, but they are the BEST! Fortunately, those don't show up too often for me, just the box of donuts. I always make it a point, but only when the willpower is strong, to walk by the donuts and stare them down, and in my head I say, "Blank you, donuts, I beat you today."

• Like 1

94701425666acd5b74bb3b59593c9e8d.jpg

Another day another battle.....I'm feeling much weaker today! Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm killing my sweet tooth with hearts of palm! 4b0f2f26e86e5c5abe4b81d055fe299a.jpg

And enjoy the storm!"

Welcome!!  And WOWZA do you ever have a lot of temptation to fight on a daily freaking basis!!

The good news is, the longer you go without sugar, the less you want it. But the bad news is...well...you're posting pictures of the bad news haha

I'm super curious, what is this magical Hearts of Palm you speak of?

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Welcome!! And WOWZA do you ever have a lot of temptation to fight on a daily freaking basis!!

The good news is, the longer you go without sugar, the less you want it. But the bad news is...well...you're posting pictures of the bad news haha

I'm super curious, what is this magical Hearts of Palm you speak of?

They taste similar to artichoke hearts :) they are pickled so if you're into that kind of thing you'll probably love them. They make great snacks and salad toppings. They can be pricey but they are a fun treat for me when I want something very salty!

33746258c16c17d0261b5c4a8c239326.jpg

And enjoy the storm!"

• Like 1

And enjoy the storm."

Awesome! Perfect way to kill a sweet tooth too. I keep pickles around the house for exactly that reason. If I'm craving something sweet, a couple harmless pickles later, I've moved on with my life haha

I'll take a look for those, I love trying new stuff - thanks!

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Keep up the good work! You tell those doughnuts, "Evil fiends! You will not win!" And then appropriately shake your fist at them.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler