spezzy lifts all the things!

okay, so since my challenges are moving more and more away from lifting, i've decided to just start a training log.

so, today!

Starting a new program that I put together that is a bit different from anything I've done before, and includes deadlifting more than once a week, and not working on a standard week. Some weeks I'll be training more often, some less, and it incorporates a deload in it that I think I need written out ahead or I won't take it. 

So, today:

Bench Press - 165 for 10 sets of 2 @ 8

Beltless DO Deadlift - 245x2, 275x2, 305x2x2, 285x2x2, 275x2, 245x2

PBar Dips - 3x10

Strict MU - 3x2 - https://www.instagram.com/p/BAxshbqRoNa/

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3x10

Ab wheel 3x8

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Your strength is pretty impressive. When I do bench, I think I do the bar. :) Keep on rockin, fellow Hoosier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2018 Goals:

- Weigh 128 by May 31st 2018.

- Camp at one National Park by October 2018 (2016 - Yellowstone, 2017 - Shenandoah)

I have a life goal to visit/hike/camp as many National Parks as possible. As a retiree, I am going to work at a National Park.

- Pay off Credit Cards by November 30th 2018.

- Save $15,000 by December 31st 2018.

Peace, Love and Happiness

Allie the Oracle

Starting a new program that I put together that is a bit different from anything I've done before, and includes deadlifting more than once a week, and not working on a standard week. Some weeks I'll be training more often, some less, and it incorporates a deload in it that I think I need written out ahead or I won't take it.

What sort of basis do you work on for your own programming? I'm always interested in people's schools of thought on that.

Your strength is pretty impressive. When I do bench, I think I do the bar. :) Keep on rockin, fellow Hoosier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

thank you! one of my first challenges here at NF was actually to be brave enough to even TRY benching the bar. With time and patience, the strength will come :)

• Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

What sort of basis do you work on for your own programming? I'm always interested in people's schools of thought on that.

You know, I've tried a ton of different methodologies and things and I've really been enjoying working off RPE for the last year. I'm slowly getting better at it (it takes time doing it to really understand what an 8 is or what a 10 is on your own body - I thought it'd be easy but it took time.  It's helped me remove my ego from the situation and lift what I should be lifting, not what I want to be lifting.

But now it's basically DL (one heavy, one light variation) 2x a week

Squat 3-4x a week (2x comp, 2x variations)

Bench 2-3x a week (2x comp, plus variations - this depends on my shoulder which bothers me)

OHP 1-2x a week

+accessories

So I have slots in my schedule and basically plug them in. I like doing certain movements together, like for example I really like to bench and deadlift the same day, but not the day before heavy squats, because all three are so lats intensive that one has to suffer. So kind of from experience on what my body likes, but also going by "muscle groups" you could say.  Obviously as you know all powerlifting movements use all of your muscles so there's no easy way to split ;)

Sometimes my schedule doesn't allow 3 hours in the gym, which is what I need to get everything done, so sometimes I need to split one workout in to 2 days, which is why the 5 days some weeks.  The slightly longer week allows me to fit in 2 deadlift days without destroying my body (even if one is a variation, it's just been too much on me in the past)

Before I had a lot of struggle making myself do things I didn't like, but over the last few months I've really worked on removing ego and just doing things better. I think (and hope!) my form is significantly better than it was at Nationals, though I'm lifting significantly less right now, consistently at around 75-85%. I'd like to hang out here another training cycle to really keep dialing in form.

The problem is, and one reason why I do a lot of my own programming, is that I really enjoy a lot of gymnastics movements, so I need to program around those too, and no typical powerlifting program has them in it :) So I'll typically add muscleups on a DL / Bench day, Handstand work on a OHP day, L sits when doing abs - etc. to try to use them as an accessory to the main lift. 

My boyfriend is brilliant when it comes to these things, so he's been a huge help even just running ideas off of. And sometimes at the gym I'll go to do something and he gives me a face and I know it's a bad idea and I should stop. He helps keep me in check, and that's been a huge in keeping me not doing anything too dumb :)

• Like 1

Well I'm obviously here.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

today! light day. 

squat 195x5x5

cb good morning 3x8@95

bulgarian split squats 5x10@0

1 hour walk and play with the pup

I'm just here to bask in your glory.. You were my inspiration to finally buy a barbell set.. I'm actually starting to put weights on the bar now! :) Good luck lifting all the things!(Not that you need it of course!)

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

Today -

Comp Bench 170x3, 165x3 both at 10

3ct pause bench 145 155 155 145 145 150 all for 4 at 8

Front squat 95 115 135 155 155 155 for 5 at 7

Wall walks 3x5 at 9

Leg lower downs 5x10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeere because I heard "pup" <3

<3!

I'm just here to bask in your glory.. You were my inspiration to finally buy a barbell set.. I'm actually starting to put weights on the bar now! :) Good luck lifting all the things!(Not that you need it of course!)

Aw thank you! <3!

TODAY!

bench - 5 sets of 4@8RPE. Did 160, 160, 150, 150, 150

squat - 5 sets of 5@8 or less - 200 across

bulgarian split squats - 5x10 per leg

hip thrust with band -5x10

today - 

deadlift 345x2x1 @ 9

285x4x5 @ 7

strict muscle up - max rep sets x5 - 3,4 (PR!), 3, 2, 1

rows - 88 paused 4x5

leg lower downs 6x8

last few days!

saturday -

comp bench 175x2x2@9.5

3 sec pause bench 155x3x2 @ 8 

OHP 95x3x5 @8

front squat 145x4x6 @ light

Ring Dip - +25lbs 3x5

chinup - 3x5

ab wheel, leg lower downs

monday, feb 1 - 

bench 155x3x5@8

squat 205x4x5@8 (huge thing here - this is the percentage/rpe based off my 1rm before my injury - first time doing this since then. so, huge mental PR)

135x10

incline db bench - 45x3x10

back extension, leg lower downs, ab wheel

• Like 1

deadlift - 

315x1, 335x1, 350x1, 365x1

295x3x5, 275x1x5

bench - tng

165x2x2, 160x2x4

muscleup - 

+10lbs, 2x1, regular, 4x1, +25lbs flail flail flail

• Like 1

longer update!

2/5:

squat 195x4x6@8

bulgarian split squat 45x6x4 per

abs and glutes

2/6:

Comp Pause Bench Press: 180x1x3@9

Front Squat - 5x3 at 155, 160, 165, 170, 170

speed beltless deadlifts: 

245x2x11, 60 seconds rest between. was supposed to be 10. oops.

2/8: 

squat: 245x3x2@9

with different shoes: up to 245 for a single

bench 155x5x3@8

oh dumbbell press - 32.5x3x8

pecs

abs

whee! last few days:

2/10

Deadlift - 315x3, 300x4x4

floor press - 160x6x3

2/11

high bar back squat -

225x1x8@8

front squat - 90kgx1x3@9

hip thrust

80kgx8x4

bulgarian split squats and leg lower downs

2/13

comp bench - 170x4@10

155x4 @10

ring dip +25lbsx4, +20x4, +15x4, +10x4

deadlift double overhand

100, 120, 100x5 each

bodybuilding stuff

2/15

high bar back squat 200x5x4@8

comp bench 135x7, 140x7, 140x7@7

Dips PB 8x3

BB stuff

iiiii have been bad about updating this.

today -

squat - 220 for 5 sets of 5

bench 155 for 4 sets of 7

incline dumbbell bench - 55 for 3 sets of 8

hack squat - 100 for 3 sets of 8

single arm lats - um lots of these

core

• Like 1

yayyyyy deadlift day

deadlift - 345x4x4

bench press - with pause, extra long pause on last rep - 5x5, 160, 163, 160, 160, 163

light bodybuilding stuff

Hi!  Looks like you are almost completely recovered.  Do you feel that way?

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Hi! Looks like you are almost completely recovered. Do you feel that way?

Yeah, I've considered myself recovered for a little while now - just really decided to take a step back and work on fixing my body to make the best out of being I injured, which means a slower road back. But I'm hitting numbers volume wise I had never hit before my injury (including squat even though I'm doing high bar) so I'm pleased overall, even if I haven't hit any new 1rm PRs yet. :)

• Like 1