THE BOSS:  I've been doing battle with endometriosis for YEARS.  I tried everything: ablation, hormones, and simulated menopause (which worked, but wore off, and then it was back to pain and suffering).

THE IDEA:  Since nothing else worked, at least not for more than three months at a time, I asked my doctor for a hysterectomy and oophorectomy.  "Hey Doc, can I please have major surgery that will remove some body parts and probably shorten my lifespan?"  Since the pain went away with simulated menopause, and was limited to my uterus and ovaries, he agreed to do it.  He tried to talk me out of it; it's not a good idea to remove ovaries from women younger than about fifty, but he went for it.  Living extra years won't matter if I'm in pain all the damn time!

THE FIGHT:  Surgery on December 17th, 2015.

THE RESPAWN:  I woke up with NOTHING.  No strength.  No endurance.  But, hey, no endometriosis pain!  :joyous:  The first two weeks were nothing but drugs and TV.  Slowly, I recovered.  I started walking.  Two weeks after surgery, I walked one whole block! 

NOW:  I can walk for 30 minutes straight.  That's almost two miles!  I walk at least four times per week.  I have the doctor's okay to start running on February 8th, and I can start lifting on February 22nd.  I am going through menopause, which is slightly obnoxious, but WAY better than being in constant pain.

NEXT:  Couch to 5K (running) and Beginner Bodyweight Circuit (lifting).

• Like 5

Yeeeeikes, that is hard core.  (There should be a much better word for "respawned by having spawn organs ripped from my unconscious body.")

I'm glad you feel better and the pain is gone.  Now you can get on with your life.   Walk that walk!

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yeeeeikes, that is hard core.  (There should be a much better word for "respawned by having spawn organs ripped from my unconscious body.")

I'm glad you feel better and the pain is gone.  Now you can get on with your life.   Walk that walk!

Thanks!  Maybe it's a "New Game Minus." x_x 

Re. going through menopause: would it be possible to get hormone replacement therapy?

Congrats on the newfound lack of pain, though!

Thanks! The doctor eventually wants to start hormone replacement therapy.  We're both hoping I'll be able to deal with the menopause symptoms until June, which would give my body 6 months with no estrogen.  That would kill off any remaining endometriosis. 

Right now I'm on a herbal remedy that the doctor recommended (Remifemin, if anyone's interested).  It should start working soon, it apparently takes 4 weeks to start having an effect.  I'm also taking a Calcium and Vitamin D supplement, and exercise has gone from "good idea" to "absolutely required" in order to keep my bones strong.  I'd hate to trip over my own feet and end up with a broken bone.

• Like 1