starting over, for the final time!

I have decided to start this daily battle log and to do all my writing in here.  I have an intro in the rebel intro area and have an intro in the January 2016 challenge area.  This seems the best place to keep everything together and focus on writing in one area.

My challenge goals have been a big fail.  But I have put things in place to help me get on track and stay there. I am great at starting, I am bad at continuing.

In short, I want to get strong and fit and lose weight along the way. I want to be able to say yes to doing things without worrying about looking bad in clothes or not being fit enough to do something.  I want to live a long life that is healthy and rewarding.

I have goals around eating and fitness but I won't go in to them now.  I am trying to put the other posts in to my signature bar but so far have had no luck.

Today I have planned 12 meals for this week (lunches and dinners).  I know I will have one meal at work this week that will be meat and salad, and that gives me one other meal not planned, but this is the first time I have done this so 12 seems pretty good.  Looking at my shopping list, it is much less than what I would often buy but is plenty of food. It will be interesting to see how I go.

I have PT this afternoon, so that is my exercise for the day.

I also meet my new boss this afternoon to see what she wants me doing this year - I am a teacher, not on class but in charge of a teaching team, so it will be interesting to see what she says.  Then back to work on Wednesday, today being Monday.

• Like 1

I did my grocery shopping yesterday for the week and it was great just buying exactly what I know I need.  I am off to the gym after this for a session of weights. I also did 15 minutes on my treadmill last night which felt really good.  I have lost a lot of fitness but I am doing the right things to get it back.  I also managed to change a lunch at work tomorrow from Turkish to bbq chickens and salad, a much better option and one that I can participate in.  I am about half way through Steve's book and am really enjoying it, it is certainly making me think about things and what I want to achieve this year.

Fitnessgirl, I can see why you might think that but I am not knew to this lifestyle just need to get back on track. I don't think I am trying too much but I will keep it in mind and dial it back if I need to.  Thanks for thinking about it.

• Like 2

Another good day. It was my first day back at work and there was lots brought in for morning tea. I ate none of the sweets!!! Yay, I had my homemade hummus with carrots and some watermelon (that was from morning tea).  Lunch was bbq chook and salad.  Dinner is spag bol with zucchini noodles, not pasta.

I also went to the gym and just did a 30 minute light session - 10 minutes on the treadmill with a bit of running and 20 mins on the bike.

Feeling good :)

• Like 2

Another good day. It was my first day back at work and there was lots brought in for morning tea. I ate none of the sweets!!! Yay, I had my homemade hummus with carrots and some watermelon (that was from morning tea).  Lunch was bbq chook and salad.  Dinner is spag bol with zucchini noodles, not pasta.

I also went to the gym and just did a 30 minute light session - 10 minutes on the treadmill with a bit of running and 20 mins on the bike.

Feeling good :)

Spag bol-is that a reference to the book Uglies?

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Another good day.  We had Turkish for lunch today but I had salad with two eggs.  Note to self - salad for lunch is not enough food!!

I did not go to the gym but that was intentional. I decided last night I would have a rest day. I was going to go for a walk but it was pretty hot so I spent extra time with my horse instead.  Feeling pretty good at the moment.

"I am great at starting, I am bad at continuing."  This is so me. Actually a lot of what you said rings true to me too.

Especially:

"I want to get strong and fit and lose weight along the way. I want to be able to say yes to doing things without worrying about looking bad in clothes or not being fit enough to do something.  I want to live a long life that is healthy and rewarding."

I find I need to constantly bath myself in motivation and really work on my determination to continue when my motivation is lower than usual. I wish you good luck! You sound like you are off to a great start. Maybe since you are so good at starting, think of each week as a new start... You can't fail that way!  Okay maybe it doesn't work that way haha but it would be nice if it did.

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Saturday today. I ate well yesterday and went for a walk in the evening. I was sitting at home and at 8pm thought 'I cant sit here another minute" so went for a walk. It was just getting dark as I finished, thank goodness for summer and daylight saving!

No gym today but a friend and I today picked up and then un packed 15 bales of hay. This was less than usual and it was great not to have to do up to 40 but it was enough of a workout for the day. Each bale is around 25 kgs so that is my weights for the day!

Otherwise feeling good. I did get on the scales this morning and have lost maybe a kilo or a bit more but am not too concerned with that (not saying its not great, but...). I am trying to go with the attitude of if I eat well and exercise then I will lose weight but eating and gym is the motivation, not the scale!  I am nearly finished Steve's book and he talks about it will all work out so that is what I am going with.

Hope others are doing well :)

Another good day.  I just finished my grocery shopping and it was really hard not to buy myself a treat.  I did not want chocolate or ice cream, but soy crisps or something that is crap hidden as healthy, so I knew it was no better than chocolate or something.  Anyway, I got out without buying anything and am very happy about it now I am safely at home!

A quiet day today.  I have done some washing and house work, done my grocery chopping for the week and fed the horse. I have also enjoyed several episodes of The Originals.  I have planned my meals again this week and will make rissoles tonight for dinner tomorrow night because my mum is coming down.

Here's hoping for a great week!

Its been a good week, first one back at work with kids at school this week. I have a great class which always makes life easier!

I have eaten really well except for some ice cream on Monday and Tuesday evening.  But I have still lost some weight and it has not derailed me (it is always when mum comes down).  I went to PT on Wednesday then last night I spend 40 minutes walking on the treadmill. I was really sore from PT the day before so just wanted a big stretch out, I feel much better today.  I know I can go for a walk not on the treadmill but it suited me last night. I went out to the horse, brought him in and gave him a big feed, went to the gym then went back and put the horse out.  Its a routine that I like.  I will go for a bike ride tonight, bootcamp tomorrow morning and then a walk with a friend on Sunday.  So I am feeling organised with my exercise which is good.

I am going to find a new recipe to try this weekend to make for next week.  Not sure what yet.

I hope everyone's week ends well :)

• Like 1

Went to my first boot camp this morning as part of an 8 week challenge at my gym. It was hard work and fun. I'm hoping to go to the next six. I am also just back from an hours walk this evening which was lovely. Bit longer than I'd planned but it certainly won't hurt me 😀

Have eaten well today. Feeling good. Definitely getting my fitness mojo back.

• Like 2

Thanks Rookie, it was a great day.  I then went for an hour and a quarter walk with a friend on Sunday.  Crazy, three hours of exercise over the weekend.

Today I started an 8 week challenge that is happening at my gym.  I am going to go to a class Monday evening, Tuesday evening, PT Wednesday morning and then boot camp on Saturday.  Thursday and Friday I can go to the gym or ride my horse or have a day off, I will see how I feel.  I am really keen to get my diet 100% over the next 8 weeks.  So far so good.  I don't expect to win, its a national challenge, but I am keen to try and do well at my gym..  I am good at a challenge I think.  I will see if I can keep it up.

Tonight I am pretty buzzy, very hyped about how I am feeling and how I feel like I can do this!  I have not felt this way for a long time, but have done it before so know that I can do it.  Its just the first time in a long time that I have felt like I can get back to be really good again and getting fit.

Writing  here helps too.

• Like 2

Ugh, so tired tonight. It has been a 12 hour day with parent info evening tonight. I am home now but tired, mainly brain tired but body tired too. Its nice knowing its not because I have not eaten well that I am tired.

I continue to eat really well and am tracking my carbs on MFP just to see how much I am eating. Its amazing the foods that have carbs in them - grapes - who'd have known!  Not that I am desperate to stick to low carb but am just working it all out and happy to have some lower days mixed up with more normal days.

I have to say I am feeling really good (apart from tired!). My trainer this morning said how well I was doing and that you could not tell it was my third session in three days. I know it is because of how well I am eating.

Two days off from the gym now. I may try and ride the horse if the weather is okay otherwise I may go for a walk. I may also just rest!

• Like 1

Saturday today.  Feeling awesome!  I started today with bootcamp and it left me only with energy to walk to the car.  I did not even drive away for 5 mins.  It was great but I had nothing left.  Eating continues to be good. Lots of veggies and protein. I have bought some macadamias for when I leave work. I usually go to the gym and always feed the horse, so leaving work I am a minimum of 1 1/2 hours before I get home still.  So a snack is good and we cant have nuts at school, so in the car leaving seems a good option.

Tomorrow I will go for a walk, maybe a run. I will see how I wake up and how my energy is.

Enjoy your weekends all :)

• Like 1

Continuing to travel well. My eating remains great which has been my biggest battle over the last 18 months so it feels really good to be so back on track.  Chocolate was offered to everyone this afternoon and I was not even tempted. Big win.

I had a body scan done at the gym last night which was interesting. Basically I am above average for everything.  Bone density, hydration, muscle and weight. Obviously weight is a problem but that is what I am working on.  The rest was good to know.  I will get done again in 8 weeks or so at the end of this gym challenge and see how I have progressed.

• Like 1

That is a huge win! Everytime I am able to resist chocolate (or other things I used to crave) it feels amazing. 

That body scan sounds really neat. I wouldn't mind knowing those things. I have a scale at home that measures body fat %, muscle %, water % and bone density but I am not sure how accurate it is.  

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Well it has been months since I wrote on here.  Time to get back to it.

Overall I have been going pretty well.  I am not losing weight as quickly as I would like, or maybe I should say as consistently as I would like.  I know it is when I don't eat well enough though.  I am improving all the time though and I know it is a life long process.

I am really happy with my fitness.  I am really consistent with the gym.  The worst week I have had since January was two weeks ago and I only went 4 times!  I know that is still good so was not at all worried.  I am still walking once a week and otherwise am doing stuff at they gym.  My squats and deadlifts are really progressing.  I would happily do my lifting every day if that was sensible.

I want to get back to writing on here as it does keep me thinking about what I am doing.

Hope you are all travelling well.

TOdayI feel really ordinary.  I have been getting sick for a week and today it has almost arrived.  On with life though.  It is going to be a quiet weekend, writing reports that are due Monday.

I have been to the butcher and bought a lamb roast and mince meat.  A roast and I make up some rissoles will be nice comfort food while I am sick.  I will go to the farmers market tomorrow morning to get  my frit and veg.

I will probably have a few days off from the gym although I may go for a walk on the treadmill.  It is meant to be heavy rain all weekend so a walk outside is out of the question.

Yay, I am not sick, my body has really fought off this cold - so happy.  I do have a bit of a cough and I am taking my asthma meds to be safe, but I am totally not sick.  I really believe it is because I am healthy and eating well and I have fought it off.  Feels good!

I made some eggplant hommus yesterday, not sure I love it, but its good enough to eat this week.  And there is so much of it, I will be sharing it at school.  I also baked a piece of lamb which is pretty tasty.  I will have it for dinners this week, although I had some for breakfast this morning with two boiled eggs - tasty!

I have set myself a very ambitious weight loss goal - 21 kgs in 16 weeks.  The reason I have done this is because I am tired of losing weight, I just want to get there.  I know I can lose it more quickly if I just eat well consistently and this is what I want.  The 16 weeks means the end of Term 3, its not just some random date.  I wont be devastated if I don't get there but I want to give it a shot.  Its pretty much a kg a week plus some good weeks, which I have been managing on and off recently. 

Anyway, back to reports.  I am going to finish 5 more and then off to they gym - deadlift day, yay :)

• Like 1