• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

danross

Any Yorkshire (UK) Nerds?

On 25/01/2016 at 8:32 PM, danross said:

Anyone else here from God's Own County??

I'm from Ripon, North Yorkshire

Hi I am Leeds not far away! just joined so I thought i would say hello

I'm from Lancs, which is bad enough but now I live down south so total reprobate.

*waves*

Posting from a phone. If this doesn't make sense, blame Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, 18ck said:

I'm from Lancs, which is bad enough but now I live down south so total reprobate.

I'm a southerner living up North so everyone thinks I'm posh the second I open my mouth. What's it like going the other way?

I'm a southerner living up North so everyone thinks I'm posh the second I open my mouth. What's it like going the other way?

Blending in. I don't say bahth or grarse yet but my daughter does, and give it 5 more years...

Posting from a phone. If this doesn't make sense, blame Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi my wife is from Keighley. Been in Essex 14 years and she still says bath and castle the Yorkshire way. Even corrects my poor children when they have BBC pronunciation.

Tom: Well... the television said that's the right thing to do.

The county of greater Manchester (which I live in) has the emblem of a bee, not a rose. And I'm closer to the Yorkshire boarder than the official Lancashire boarder.

Hey I'm kizz and I too am from gods own county! Based near York now but born and bred in Brat'fud! Fairly new member to the forums 3 weeks in to my intermittent fasting journey and down 11lbs so far!

On 4/2/2016 at 12:16 PM, Roboblitz said:

Oh God I feel your pain. I'm from the Westcountry but live in Derbyshire - some things get lost in translation.

I'd be up for a meet up though - live in Buxton but often work in Leeds so I might be about.

The county of greater Manchester (which I live in) has the emblem of a bee, not a rose. And I'm closer to the Yorkshire boarder than the official Lancashire boarder.

Haha getting contentious!

I work in Stockport often & I got told off for saying it was in Manchester. You have to be careful what you say around these parts! Not to mention all the people claiming to be from Cheshire to sound posher lol.

Sheffield lad here. Thinking about taking the plunge and paying for membership but thought I'd get some proper Yorkshire advice to see if you all think it's worth the money or not?