Terra the the Superhero, Goddess and NF Ranger!

Ideas have been rattling around in my head since December 2015 about what I want to do when I grow up...  Its about time I got all that stuff out of my head and into a 2016 Quest format.  

2016 is the year of Terra! 

Terra is a Superhero and Goddess and NF Ranger!!!

So what does this mean?  It means that I will try to to all the things (as Rangers are apt to do!) but with purpose and working towards a healthy and happy me!  I will pay homage one superhero or goddess every month with my fitness, health and life goals.  

My fitness goals will be adjusted for every month as needed but will include the following and maybe more:

• Brazillian Jui-Jitsu (I'm surprised how much I love it!)
  • Conditioning/core/strength class at the BJJ gym.
  • Foot care - because its needed after my Oct 2015 surgery!
  • Yoga
  • Rucking (Go Ruck Lite event???)
  • Running - (evaluate>> is it still something I want to do?  what about shorter distances??)
  • And more???

My health related goals are simple:

• Eat mostly Paleo, always GF!
  • Sleep enough
  • Minimize/release stress
  • Take care of me in other ways!  

Other life related goals:

• declutter the house
  • Sewing phone clutches for June cruise gifts
  • complete work projects
  • do more crafting with my girls
  • continue working on total self-acceptance
  • set the example for my girls
  • encourage my hubby to be healthier

This list isn't inclusive and I'm sure Ranger Braintm will kick in with something new along the way....  But its at least a start! 

I'm not sure who I'll choose each month for my avatar/theme but here are my initial ideas:

January>>  I'm letting my namesake, the Goddess Terra (aka: Mother Earth or Gaia) take over to get me started out in 2016!!

February>>  Rogue

March>> Jean Grey/Phoenix

April>>Bat Girl/Oracle

May>> She-Hulk

June>>  Minnie Mouse/Daisy Duck/Some other Disney themed lady?  We are cruising on the Disney Wonder to Alaska this month   > Disney Princesses!

July>>  Lady Sif

August>> Raven

September>>

October>>

November>>

December>>

I have a running list of strong ladies for me to choose this year....  Any other suggestions?

Freya

Elastica Girl - for that really crazy month (likely July/August)

Scarlet Witch

She-Hulk

Jean Grey

Super Girl

Storm

Wonder Woman

Lady Sif - Sif is a fictional character appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics, in particular those featuring Thor. Based on the Norse goddess Sif, she was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and first appeared in Journey Into Mystery #102. 

And maybe a few of the guys Odin, Thor, Loki, Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, Bacchus

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

January 2016

CHALLENGE #1
Create an amazing foundation! Mother Earth is a giver and provides us with so much, but she must take care of herself first!

Exercise:

BJJ >> 2-3 times a week.

Conditioning (strength) class >> 2-3 times a week
Foot care/yoga >> daily
Skiing or walking will happen when the weather allows

Other health related goals:
Mostly Paleo eating with MFP logging.
Sleep aim for 7+ hours per night
Do something just for me...

The craft room needs an overhaul so I can be productive in it! 

Thinking about the next themes:

Storm>>  http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Storm

Jean Grey>>  http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Jean_Grey  (for a rough month mentally?)

Rogue>>  http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue  (when i need extra powers)

Scarlet Witch>>  http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Witch

Polaris>>  http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Polaris

Some thoughts for March - I'm thinking the power to change/move things and mind reading will be a good fit for next month...  And blasting stuff with energy is always a good superpower!  

4943622-tumblr_ny9kioql1w1re8ijgo1_1280.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Witch

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/scarlet-witch/4005-1466/

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Wanda_Maximoff_(Earth-616)

• Like 1

How are your goals for February coming along?

Hey CourtneyC!!!  Thanks for pointing out the oversight of only linking my 2016 quest log (which is where I am just dumping all my thoughts for the year's challenges) and not a direct link to my current challenge!  Here is a link to my February challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/77562-terra-is-going-rogue/page-1  And I've added that link to my signature.  

I'm doing pretty good in Feb.  Getting to all the BBJ and other classes has gone great.  My eating not so great the last few days...  

Woo hoo!

Super stoked to see how your year progresses.  

As for your eating not being the greatest, it's a new day - each time you make a conscious decision to pass up on or swap out something for a healthy option is progress in my book. 

Race: Blood Elf | Class:  Warrior | Level: Noob

Battle Log

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." - A Midsummer's Night Dream

Well events of this week have my March theme changing from Scarlet Witch to Jean Grey.  I was trying to find a superhero who had strong mental fortitude... 

I injured my knee and ankle on Monday night.  MRI on Tuesday shows "multiple lateral tears" of what I'm not yet sure (the nurse wasn't very helpful).  I go to the Orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday to get a real understanding of what I'm facing... 

As I look towards the end of March my theme this month was a good one.  Jean Grey/Phoenix was a good choice.  I will be finishing the challenge with a strong push! 

tumblr_lksm7iWDa71qfaf4lo1_500.gif

The knee has a torn ACL, so I'm waiting to get a  surgery date.  Which brings me to my question...  What superhero has overcome an injury?  Charles Xavier comes to mind, but no one else.  I'm sure there are others, maybe even a female?  I'm thinking of the next challenge, where I hope to get the surgery and begin my recovery/rehab.  Your ideas/suggestion are most appreciated! 

hey! I saw your post in Nym's thread and tracked you down to here, I also had an ACL tear and surgery to repair, shortly after hers, and 10 years after I had torn my OTHER ACL. Because today is last day of regular challenge I'm tagging you in here so I can find you next challenge around :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

And My challenge for April & May is a combo!  Barbara Gordon is is both Batgirl and later Oracle.  She was shot by the Joker and was wheelchair bound. It fits really well with my life right now.  I'm currently mostly mobile with my knee brace.  On April 18th I'm having my ACL and maybe the LCL repaired.  The ACL is simple and straight forward.  LCL, not so much!  The LCL is not arthroscopic and will require me to be 6 weeks non-load bearing post surgery.  UGH!   So I will channel Bartgirl till April 18th when I will become Oracle...  I'll keep Oracle through the May challenge as I regain the (limited) use of my leg June 6th.  

Here is my latest challenge thread April Challenge

791d5bbab3908114c5146d83b013afda.jpg

OOPS!  I didn't update for may...  

And its June!  I am doing a Disney Princess challenge because of my family vacation this month.  June Challnege

And then I ran across this (princesses and marvel battle!) and wanted to keep it somewhere.  

disney_vs_marvel___princess_battle_royal

As I get released to actually do more stuff next month I will have to assess my fitness level and see what fits into my life..  

Ha - Looking through this I see how neglected it has become...  I am currentlly fighting the craziness that is life these days.  My hubby had 50% of a brain tumor removed in august and we return to MD Anderson in a week to see what can be done with the other half.  My knee is healing slowly and I am working through some scar tissue growth.  Life is tough but we are making it through well enough.  I don't feel too successful these days but I'm surviving and we are all getting better/moving forward.  

I completely missed my Wonder Woman challenge last month and now I have moved on to Mrs. Incredible.  I think I got next month's theme figured out and just wait till 2017.  

tumblr_inline_nqat3bx9Cf1r2eu1z_500.gif

I'm excited to get through the next round of doctor's visits for my hubby and am hopeful that we can do something to save or prolong the vision in his left eye (that tumor was in a sucky place!!!) But in the mean time we are continuing our BJJ journey as a family and I am looking to branch out into more of the things I want to be doing...  

Some hints....

katana-mask-minimalist-design.png 

and 

femalevillians_featured_photo_gallery.jp

Well 2016 was a tougher year that I could have ever imagined!!!  Despite all of that I had several big wins and happy things!

• I am almost recovered from my ACL tear/repair
  • my weight has not increased despite all the crap that happened and the stress of getting through everything.
  • My healthy is good
  • My kids are healthy and happy (for the most part)
  • My hubby made an amazing recovery from brain surgery and we are stronger together than ever before!
  • our new fur babies have brought much delight and love to our home (as well as messed but we love them anyway!) 

I'm going to get myself started on my 2017 battle plan shortly...  I didn't accomplish all that I wanted in 2016 but considering what curveballs got thrown at us, it was a success!  

2017 Initial random thoughts…

There is duality in nature – yin and yang, light and dark, good and evil

yin_yang_by_fallen_eye-d2ycmp8.jpg

After a year of superheroine themed challenges where so many difficult things happened to my and my family I choose to embrace duality! (did I mention I'm a gemini?  More duality there, eh?)

What does that mean for my NF challenges?  I will choose themes based upon villains and recognize that I need to be ‘selfish’ in taking care of me.  Don’t get me wrong my family is still important but taking better care of me is just as important.

I was able to maintain things last year from a health and physical fitness standpoint through all of the challenges that life threw at me.  This year the goal will be to make some significant progress towards my goals. 

• Like 2