Terra the the Superhero, Goddess and NF Ranger!

2017 Goals

But what are my goals?!?!?!?   I went back to my 2016 goals and have revised them some, but they are similar to last year.  They are still the things I want to be doing and that is a good thing.  Life didn't change so much that what I want out of it has changed.  I am still here, I am strong and I know I can be a better version of me by this time next year!!!  

My fitness goals will be adjusted for every month as needed but will include the following:

• Brazillian Jui-Jitsu (Blue belt I’m looking at you!!!)

• Conditioning/core/strength class at the BJJ gym or weight lifting of some kind

• Physical therapy/mobility/yoga work is just something that must happen for my long term health – but I have to find a way to make this a habit!!!

• Hiking and Rucking (maybe a Go Ruck Lite event???)

• Making time to golf this year!!!

My health related goals are simple:

• Eat mostly Paleo, always GF!

• Sleep enough

• Minimize/release stress

• Take care of me in other ways!  

Other life related goals:

• Create a beautiful home that I am proud of by de-cluttering and decorating it with things I love!

• Do more crafting with my girls

• I will set the example for my girls

• I will help and encourage my hubby to be healthier

• Strive to be the employee that my boss thinks I am and do all that I can towards that promotion she is trying to get me!!!! 

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

I think I will add a little bit of running to my 2017 goals, but only upto a 5k.  I'm thinking a couple muggle runs and a 5k while on the island of Castaway Cay this summer.   

I'm gonna start out with crazy because I need to start today and I'm not being too creative just yet....  

• Like 1

My poor neglected battle log!  

I am doing lots of thinking about the improvements that I want to see in 2018.  I have so many ideas for amazing challenges...  And then @Wild Wolf has his multiplayer challenge thing starting up and I am oh so tempted!!!  One thing I think I am gong to keep from 2017 is my zero-focus on what the scale says.  Yes, I have gained weight this last year but if I focus on getting stronger and improving my stamina, all will be right in the world.   I know that kettlebells will be a big part of my goals in the next year.  I know that I am getting at least one KB for Christmas!!!    OOOhhhh - I think I may have just figured out my 2018 theme?!?!?!  Strength and Stamina!  S2 is the focus!!!  That makes me excited, very excited!   

I will also be spending some time with my journal and next year's planner over the break.  I will reflect on the past but mostly I will be doing some internal soul searching to find the sparks of energy within myself.  Because I totally plan on lighting the fires of a beautiful life in 2018!!!  

I will have some challenges this year, in part because of the hubby's new position.  His travel schedule will be a little crazy this first year as he has to go out and meet lots of new folks.  So lots of trips for him, including a couple overseas.  But it will give him lots of airline and hotel points so that we can do some family traveling with him to some of those fun places.  My girls are looking forward most to the opportunity to travel to Europe.  It could be an absolutely crazy summer for us!!!   

For the sake of just writing things down somewhere, here are some of the things I want to be doing:

• Continue with BJJ
  • Simple and Sinister KB workouts!
  • Hike and Ruck with the dogs
  • Re-learn French with my kids
  • Declutter our messy home
  • Procrastinate less 
  • Be grateful
  • Re-learn to shoot a bow(?)

And I'm off to ponder life and stuff....  

• Like 1

Strength and Stamina sounds quite awesome and it is sticking!  I'd like to find ways to minimize Ranger Brain and simplify life.  If I can make life simply a matter creating the healthy habits that i want to be part of my life, then 2018 will be a success.  I have been playing with my planner and creating written lists of the activities I want to be doing.  I like writing the habits I want to create out longhand as it sticks in my brain so much better that way.  I think that I may make a vision board.  I'm very visual so it could help me stay on track better this year.   The bullets in the post above still are holding true for me and I am going to build off of them!!!  

I'm not at home right now and so I am doing my thinking and prep writing done this week.  We have had lots of downtime in-between my husbands medical appointments, so lots of spare thinking time that I typically don't get when its a typical week with work, school, kids theater schedules, exercise classes, friends, family and all the rest of life.  

I'm copying a post that I put into my challenge because I don't what to loose these thoughts as I move forward.  This is a re-spawn moment for me!

I am going to go back to the beginning of my health journey.  Back to the place where I found paleo/primal eating and the ideas of primal exercise.  I'm re-reading The Primal Blueprint and the Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation by Mark Sisson.  I may work my way though the 21-days of exercises as a method of getting myself back on track.  And I love the process of exercise that is 'primal'.  Move around a lot at low levels, lift heavy things and sprint once in a while.  I'll share more of my process as I get reacquainted with the primal message which I have strayed away from over the last couple of years.  

Some of the things that I know about myself but have strayed away from over time.  

• I am healthier when I eat paleo/primal
  • Dairy messes with my hormonal function and large quantities of it is not good for me.  (small quantities of organic dairy is OK)
  • HIIT types of exercise are good for my body (short, high intensity and simple)
  • Lifting heavy things is good for me.  I'll never be fast but I can be very strong.
  • I need to get out and enjoy the beauty of nature more - things like walking, hiking and golf 
  • I sit too much at my desk, so one of my two computers should be a standing desk (the other one I can't raise with the desk I currently have.) 

None of the above takes away from the Brazilian jui-jitsu that my family has come to love.  But it is needed to supplement my practice so that I can maintain my martial arts training as I continue to age.  I'm no longer a spring chicken but this getting old shit is for the birds.  One of my main goals in life is to be one of those amazing ladies who not only enjoys life well into my later years but to be one of those amazing ladies who defies the norm by thriving and living life to the fullest till the day I die.  

• Like 1

2020 is my year to become a Goddess, specifically a Norse Goddess.  I'm going to separate the year into quarters where I focus on building up some new skill/habit. 

giphy.gif

1. Quarter one will be focused on getting my weight moving in the downward direction. If I'm working the fields trying to be a good peasant to the viking Jarl I should be hardworking and have stamina, therefore I need to lose weight and move more!  
  2. Quarter two will be about gaining strength.  Every good shield maiden needs the strength to carry the shield and wield a sword.  If I'm going to rise up into the ranks of a shield maiden I will need to be stronger!  
  3. Quarter three will be about combining it all into a position of power.  What good leader of the shield maidens doesn't want to become the Jarl?  So I will pull it all together and make something more of myself.  By this time I will also have been doing some parts of my new job for over a year and that means its time to kick in and step up.  I can do that!  
  4. Quarter four is a continuation of Quarter three but let me set my sights higher.  I want to become a Valkyrie!  Valkyrie's are the choosers of the slain warriors for Odin.  Modern texts shows them to be valiant warriors while in older text they are spirits and choosers of carnage.  I choose to see them as strong powerful Norse goddesses and that is my goal. I want to be in a much better place physically and mentally next year.  

ThoughtfulFatalAmericanbadger-size_restr

I struggle to put all of these things together and create the whole package.  But in my quest to become a the fierce, powerful Norse goddess that I know I can become, it is what I must do.  

111e61f9decd6d09da4abba6448f6764.gif

• Like 2