Please post this time!

I had a massive post written out but when I went to post it I got an error saying the website was offline and I lost everything so I had to start all over again (and I've been trying to post this for three days!!!), which right now kinda feels like the story of my life.

Long time receiver of Steve's emails, recently purchased the book but somehow didn't realise the forums were free until now, doh! (I thought they were for the academy peeps who paid, which I can't currently afford)

You can see my character page here which already has a lot about me https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/65446

I'm 29 in February, Female, 246 pounds at time of writing and I have a severely under-active Thyroid which makes things extra fun to deal with sometimes~

I have a lot of personal issues I want to tackle along with losing weight, I know it won't happen overnight but I'm aiming to enjoy rewriting my story from this chapter onward. I fully plan to embrace most days and live my life very differently, I'm usually the girl who says "I'd love to do.....BUT". Well not any more! From now on, I want to be the girl who says "I'd love to do....lets give it a go". I don't want to constantly be afraid of the if's and buts and mights of the world, I wanna get out there and see what actually happens, I'm very much a comfort zone person but from now on I wanna start moving out of comfort zone, I wanna move into World 1 - Level 1 and see where it takes me. I'm 29 years old in February and I'm not getting any younger, I need to start living now before it's too late!

On the weight side of things, 9 months ago at 266 pounds I started the Coach on Freeletics but I found it was scaling up too quickly for my ability and even when I was rating the workouts as too hard, the following one was still too hard! As much as it was a great introduction to fitness for me and I did lose weight on it, I just didn't feel like it was a safe or sustainable program for where I was in my life at the time. I moved onto p90 with Tony Horton which I enjoyed immensely and I got through the first 60 days with it but then an uber mean infection knocked me down and even had me in hospital at one point and then a lengthy recovery after so I was off exercise during that time as I literally felt like the walking dead most days and forcing myself to go and work full time was pretty much soaking up every ounce of life I had in me.

Once I was better I turned my attention to some much needed house renovations and then in December I decided I wanted to 'enjoy Christmas' so I haven't picked up exercising again until now.

At the moment I've started doing the 30 day shred as the time format of it fits in with nicely for reintegrating exercise into my life. Saying all that though, exercise isn't really the big issue for me though, despite my 240+ pound self, My biggest barrier is and will probably always be diet as I have really extreme food phobias and I really seriously struggle to try new foods (I had therapy for it even which helped a little but not much) Basically the only vegetable I currently eat is potatoes (I know, I know) and I only eat 2 types of fruit at present (oranges and apples for those curious) but I am slowly trying to introduce new things as I know this will help my journey immensely. In the mean time, while my diet isn't perfect, I have at least cut sugar out of my tea completely, stopped drinking fizzy pop 95% of the time and I eat as little processed food as possible. In a way food is an even bigger long term goal than weight loss and I often wonder if there's any point in me working out if I can't 'eat right' but then, exercise does at least make me feel really good so I still think it's worth doing. The whole 'diet is at least 80% of the battle' when it comes to weight loss does have me seriously concerned though.  

Anyway that's enough rambling from me. I look forward to having a good rummage around the forums and hopefully making some buddies along the way as I don't have any 'real world' fitness and life inspirations currently.

Nice to meet you!!!

• Like 1

Welcome! You're just in time to jump into the newest challenge next week :D

It might feel like there's a lot for you to overcome, but repeatedly jumping back into exercise that works for you is an amazing step that some of us have the hardest time with (by some of us...I mean me, I'm talking about me LOL). You are right that food is a huge part of the equation, but the path to success is made up of tiny little changes. Which it looks like you're already doing.

Look forward to getting to know you better!

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Welcome to the forums. I think you will find many of us have or have had similar stories. Maybe some of the details are different, but it puts us in the same boats. Just take it slow when you need to and go hard when you need to. Give yourself grace when there are setbacks. And this forum is a great place for those of us who don't necessarily have support out in the real world.

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

Welcome to the forums and glad your post finally worked.  :panda:

Personally, the diet/exercise wheel has always shown to be a perpetual motion machine for me.  When I'm working hard, it's easier to eat right...and when I'm not regularly exercising, it's easy to eat an entire bag of Chips Ahoy.  I'm not totally sure that's how it works for anyone else, but either way, progress in the right direction from ANY direction is good.  Don't let "perfection" detract from a good effort.  Keep doing things that help, and over time the little efforts will stack up to something great.

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

Welcome to the forums and glad your post finally worked.  :panda:

Personally, the diet/exercise wheel has always shown to be a perpetual motion machine for me.  When I'm working hard, it's easier to eat right...and when I'm not regularly exercising, it's easy to eat an entire bag of Chips Ahoy.  I'm not totally sure that's how it works for anyone else, but either way, progress in the right direction from ANY direction is good.  Don't let "perfection" detract from a good effort.  Keep doing things that help, and over time the little efforts will stack up to something great.

I find it that way also. The two seem to feed off each other.

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

I'm also new!  But I haven't been able to post my intro.  Did you find a trick or something? 

I just kept trying, (and trying and trying and trying) I did end up posting replies in a couple of threads before my intro post eventually went though (which felt a bit backwards) but it seemed to work after I had a couple posts under my belt. Not sure if that is an actual fix or just a coincidence though!

• Like 1

There are some problems with the server and its flagging new users.  I'm cleaning up posts that are replies to other threads, but I don't see your new threads.  I would say get a couple posts in your post count and try again.  I'm sorry for this and hope your stay here is more pleasant.  

And Welcome to All!  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr