Nearing the Dirty Thirty

I haven't met a cookie I didn't like.

And don't get me started on cake.

My name is Robin and I am 29 years old. At the start of 2010 I weighed 267 pounds and hated my life. I think my poor dog hated my life, too. I bought myself a wii immediately and decided that even though I was too embarrassed to go work out outside or at the gym I was paying for, it would be easier to just play wii fit.

Well long story short when I finally put my EQ account on hold long enough to actually do the work required to change my life, I started seeing progress. I started running, or the closest thing I can come to it... And in May 2011 I ran my first half marathon.

I'm down to 198 now and am realizing that while the weight is getting better, cardio and calorie counting will only get me so far...and I need to put on my big girl pants and learn to eat vegetables.

By my 30th birthday this June I want to be able to do a pull up for the first time in my life.

I don't think that's too much to ask...

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi Robin! I'm very close in age to you, I saw 30 on the horizon (end of May 2012) and went "Oh shi...."

TOP STUFF for running a half! (for RUNNING in general!) and losing the weight so far! Yes, you DO need to eat vegies :)

My before I'm 30 goal is to do a pull-up as well - I'm currently on Level 2 of Steve's Pull-Up program.. I'm hoping that by the end of Feb I'll be on Level 3.. which is scary!

So hi and welcome, kindred spirit!

Welcome welcome! Major congrats on the half marathon and what you've accomplished already! I'm right there with you on the pull up goal - GO FOR IT! Negatives (starting halfway through the pull up at the highest point and lowering yourself down slowly) are also handy for working those back and arm muscles as well, so you might want to look at incorporating those too. You could also look at the Twenty Pull-Up Challenge for some tips/ideas.

Good luck! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

Thanks everyone- I started last week working on my arms (dumbells, I promise!!!) I will do a dang pull up!

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

That's awesome progress! Being 30 is pretty great, if you do it right, trust me.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

welcome!! I turn 30 this year too, and my goal is also to do a pullup (I have t-rex arms right now, tiny and underdeveloped) by my birthday.

Congrats on losing so much weight already, and the half marathon! Sounds like you're making awesome progress!

Saturn Girl, level 1 Amazonian Adventurer
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

fitocracy | challenge 1 | why is Saturn Girl my hero?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thanks so much everyone. I'm in the process of eating everything that's left in my kitchen (I hate wasting money) and then I can restock with real food... I also appear to have let my guard down and caught something, which is awesome. I still took my ass to the gym and did the work. Wanting to start Angry Birds tomorrow...

My Blog | My Story