A new recruit, ready to leap into the fray

Hello, my name is Willis Banks. I'm 21 years old and overweight. Have been for... quite some time. 6' and ~200lbs . I came to college and lost some weight, but now its time to actually work at it.

I train in bujinkan budo taijutsu and aikido. I try to go running (I do enjoy it), but half the time I'm too lazy to do so (honesty sucks). Truly my worst enemy is my picky, disgustingly american eating habits. As shallow as it sounds, I'd like to look good. I'm not so much worried about muscle (I'm sure I have some somewhere...), but I want to not be fat anymore. And to be able to do a pullup, the desire that led me here.

So, goals.

Be able to do a pullup (I fully recognize that this is a fairly short term goal, but I've got to start somewhere)

15% bodyfat (My scale for these things is nonexistant. If someone could tell me a reasonable amount of time to achieve this, that would be great)

Eat less like I do (a squishy goal for a squishy starting point)

I suppose that will do for now. Mostly I'm here to eat better and convince myself to go forth and exercise.

That's me. It is now that I notice how much I have abused the parentheses. An odd example of how my mind works I suppose.

Digression - I'm done now. Thanks for having me and thanks in advance for potential help given.

Rule Number 1 - Don't get dead

Welcome! Definitely look into the Primal/Paleo ways of eating. And I think your goal of being able to do a pull-up is great! It's specific, which means you can take steps towards it and know what you're actually trying to achieve. Eyes on the prize.

So keep at it one step at a time, and you'll definitely get there. Good luck! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)