stillskies doesn't want to build a snowman

stillskies

brb finding gifs.

also

FIRST!

THE YEAR OF DISNEY PRINCESSES BECAUSE I AM A MOTHERFUCKING PRINCESS MONK: PRINCESS ANNA EDITION

tumblr_inline_mymsrqxn911rpl29c.gif

As is tradition (hey, once totally counts as tradition!), have my favorite Anna song:

Wait. That's not it. Anyway, moving on.

tumblr_mvf6wvEQ3w1skiltjo3_500.gif

Contortion is Needed to Mimic Paintings

Being cooped up in the same place for year after year kinda gives a girl strange hobbies. On the bright side, it's a castle, so there's tons of paintings and sculptures around. And what better way to pass the time than to try to mirror their poses. I mean, it's not like poses in paintings are unrealistic and unmanageable, right? Right.

CHALLENGE: Yoga - 2 sessions a week

GRADING: A - 2 sessions | B - 1 session | C - No sessions

These are to be on different days. But I neglect stretching, and I know that flexibility would help in my jiu jitsu, so I know this is a good goal for me. It's just boring as fuck. Goal can be met with a 30 minute video or by taking a class at work. 

Frozen-image-frozen-36797802-500-200.gif

Thordamnit, Elsa

Stupid Elsa and her stupid three day eternal winter. Going outside is that much harder, now. It's cold. There's snow. There's ice. And even worse than all of that? There's Olaf. But, we must persevere if we want to bring back summer!

CHALLENGE: Outdoors - 2 winter activities throughout the challenge

GRADING: A - 2 activities | B - 1 activity | C - No activity

I will find just about any excuse to not go outside in the winter. Especially if there's snow. Even more especially if there's snow and I have to get up early to go to said snow. Which means mountains. This goal is more of a 'fun' fitness goal than anything - basically, I need to get to the mountains and do... something. Snow shoeing. Cross country skiing. Tubing. Seeing ice sculptures. Basically, something that can be done only in Winter. And they can be done in the same day. 

frozen4_0.gif

I Can't Keep Eating Like an Asshole, Redux

Anna is lucky she's got her very own professional chef to keep her figure in shape. (Also, she's a Disney Princess, so.) I, unfortunately, do not have that. (Although I have a wonderful wife who cooks dinner for me.) 

CHALLENGE: Food - eat only what starsapart approves 6x week

GRADING: A - 6x | B - 5x | C - 4x

Basically, keep on keeping on. I've gotten better at eating decently, and have made a slight comeback to MFP. (Which is still a struggle, but 1400 calories is better than 800 calories, right? Right.) So, stars have loosened the reins somewhat, and I'm pretty much allowed to eat whatever is on the acceptable items list. There are certain things that still require permission (soda, how I miss you), but. This is progress, right? Right.

tumblr_n10h1nwdeP1tqzyg1o1_400.gif

I Want to Stuff Some Chocolate in my Face

We all have weaknesses. Some people are weak to the Dark Side (coughcoughskywalkerscough), while others are weak to sugar (slurpeeeeeee). Anna (and my wife) happen to have a weakness for chocolate. And since it's the month of Valentine's day, Anna's weakness is perfectly suited! 

CHALLENGE: Baking - one new chocolate recipe a week

GRADING: Pass | Fail

I enjoy baking. I enjoy baking things for others to eat. Other people like chocolate. I feel like this is a win. (Plus, I'll get to work on my frosting skills.) Recipe can be for anything - frosting, brownies, cupcakes, truffles, cheesecake. It just has to utilize chocolate in some way.

this-daddy-and-daughter-frozen-duet-is-w

• Like 3

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

RESERVED FOR WEEKLY SUMMARIES AND END OF CHALLENGE SUMMARY

ghjghj.gif

WEEK 001

GRADE: A! I did them. I didn't like them, but I did them. I'm not feeling much flexier, either. Mostly, I just feel stiff and tight. I know that being consistent will help that, but ugh. So. Boring.

GRADE: B! Halfway there! Likely won't hit the second one until the 20th - that's when we're going to the mountains. 

GRADE: A! Had one day where I just said screw it, but kept on track the rest of the week.

GRADE: Pass! Dark chocolate hot chocolate. :D

WEEK 002

GRADE: B! I only managed the one session on Friday. It was still boring, and slightly more challenging than the week before, which was not cool. 

GRADE: B! Week 3 will net me my complete on this. :D

GRADE: C! Nope. Just... nope.

GRADE: Fail! Not this week. There was already so much chocolate in the house because of Valentine's day, and there wasn't anyone else over to feed chocolate to...

WEEK 003

GRADE: B! I'm considering it good that I actually have gone at least once every week this month....

GRADE: A! Shoveling and throwing snowballs. Yay!

GRADE: B! Not bad. Even went three days without any gluten products. Go me.

GRADE: PASS! Chocolate souffle on Monday, and chocolate chip banana bread on Saturday.

WEEK 004

GRADE: A! HA. Finally.

GRADE: A! Shoveling and throwing snowballs. Yay!

GRADE: A! Woot! 

GRADE: PASS! Browniessssssss.

CHALLENGE SUMMARY

GRADE: B! Eh. I still hate yoga, but I managed to go to at least one class a week. I don't know that I feel any different, or any more flexible, but it might be something I try to keep doing. We'll see.

GRADE: A! This was actually harder than I'd originally anticipated because of weather. In that there was hardly any. Except in the mountains, which really derailed things. But it was fun getting outside. I always forget that until I'm outside, though.

GRADE: B! I mostly kept up with the spirit of the challenge. I'm back in the habit of logging, which is good. I'm still having minor panic attacks looking at numbers, but I've been more conscientious of what I'm eating, so I'm calling this a win.

GRADE: PASS! So much chocolate this challenge. And I didn't eat any of it. XD Well, stars and BlackTezca enjoyed them! I think.

CHALLENGE GRADE:B! Solid effort this go around! Yay me!

• Like 1

📷 📚

Okay.  So I have to definitely watch this for ALL THE CHOCOLATE!!!

giphy.gif

Really excited to follow and hope to try one of your treats one of these days too!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Day 001 

tumblr_inline_mymsrtNoZJ1rpl29c.gif

And so it begins. I have to say, I'm not sure how I feel about this four week challenge format - it kind of seems too short? Also, two days isn't really a 'break' between challenges. (And I say this as someone who didn't take a break.) I can already foresee myself getting burned out if I'm going from challenge to challenge without a chance to breathe if there are legit things I'm working on. For now, since I'm mostly just re-establishing basics, I think it'll be fine. But I already have my challenges written out for the whole year, and some of my challenges... Well, let's just say I'm trying to figure out the most strategic order to place them. 

Anyway, enough of my whinging. Yesterday was snowy - light but steady most of the morning. Decided to take a work from home day because even though the roads weren't super snowed in, they were slick. (Confirmed by multiple people posting on Facebook about swerving and 360ing their cars. Yikes.) Fortunately, Mondays are a light day at work, so I wasn't too fussed. Futzed about with some spreadsheets for work, and then started building my 'character' and epic quest list on NF. (It's now linked in my signature!) As I figure out more things, I'll likely add them, but for now, that's a lot of stuff.

Didn't do much in the evening. Mostly read South Park fan fiction (judge me not) - seriously, that fandom has the most mediocre writers. Now, I may be biased since I was a part of two fandoms with extraordinarily good writing (the quality has since declined, bah), but the writing for South Park fan fic is just... trite? Like, middle schoolers should be writing better than this. I'm half tempted to write a fic of my own and post it (I could totally write a rather simple '10 Ways Kenny Died' fic and make it more interesting than the 20+ chapters that a lot of the fics have). I still might. But then, at that point, I know I have fallen into the abyss and there may be no saving me.

In other news, logged into my Udemy account (inspired by Kishi's Code Academy challenge) and started the Ruby course. Over a year ago, at the urging of starsapart and Aerinity, I bought a groupon for 10 Udemy classes for $99. I then promptly forgot about it after setting up my account. So far, it reminds me of JavaScript, which means I'm not entirely confused, but the instructor seems to think that everyone has a basic understanding of languages (for example, when I was learning JavaScript, we used an emulator we downloaded on our computers. For this course, we use CMD, but he doesn't actually go into how to access the Command screen. Fortunately, Google is a thing, and I was able to get what I needed). I'm hoping that this isn't the case for all of the classes. I think I'll go and do a refresher on HTML once I'm done with Ruby. Also, I'm thinking that learning and being proficient in at least two programming languages is going to make it on my epic quest list. Along with certifications for... something. SysAdmin? CCNA? I don't know. Something.

Ended up going to bed early and spent twenty minutes laying on my stomach with a heating pad on my back. I'm supposed to be applying heat to my back twice a day for twenty minutes since it's acting up again, but... I keep forgetting. Whoops. 

Onto the challenge summary thing!

Contortion is Needed to Mimic Paintings (aka yoga - 2 sessions a week) - 0/2. I really should do this, but ugh. Yoga.

Thordamnit, Elsa (aka outdoors - 2 winter activities throughout the challenge) - 0/2! Considering that it's still snowing and I shoveled over a foot of snow from my driveway this morning, can I count shoveling??? Won't actually be hitting this goal towards the end of the challenge.

I Can't Keep Eating Like an Asshole, Redux (aka food - eat only what starsapart approves 6x a week) - 1/6! Made pancakes for breakfast since I had the time. Ate a moderate amount during the day (which, let me tell you, is hard because when I'm at home, I either don't eat or can't stop eating). Had a leftover pork chop for lunch and bbq chicken for dinner. Nom.

I Want to Stuff Some Chocolate in my Face (aka baking - one new chocolate recipe a week) - Baking is, and always has been, a weekend thing. Likely going to make a chocolate strawberry torte since M will be here this weekend and it's her birthday. :)

📷 📚

... I would read your South Park fanfic. Truth be told, I'm not at all surprised that the quality in the fandom is lacking, but then, South Park. And I even say that as someone who enjoys the show herself! But yes, 100% would read your South Park fanfic. ^_^

What, me, enabling, nah...........

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

... I would read your South Park fanfic. Truth be told, I'm not at all surprised that the quality in the fandom is lacking, but then, South Park. And I even say that as someone who enjoys the show herself! But yes, 100% would read your South Park fanfic. ^_^

What, me, enabling, nah...........

You know, enabling me isn't a good idea. You know I'm weak to enabling. But yeah, it's not surprising that the quality is what it is. 

📷 📚

If you really don't like yoga, is there some way you can translate some kata or basic movement exercises from your jiu jitsu into a structure and stretch routine?  Then you'd get the double bonus of working on your art and your mobility.

Also - chocolate.  Love me some chocolate....I worked in chocolate confection production for about 3 years.  Moved on to other things, but still have an appreciation for all things chocolate (well...almost...there is at least one brand of couverture that I can NOT stand). 

Oh- and I'd count shoveling as outdoor activity.  You were outside, in the snow, and getting a workout on.  I've cleaned driveways before....it ain't easy. 

• Like 3

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

If you really don't like yoga, is there some way you can translate some kata or basic movement exercises from your jiu jitsu into a structure and stretch routine?  Then you'd get the double bonus of working on your art and your mobility.

Also - chocolate.  Love me some chocolate....I worked in chocolate confection production for about 3 years.  Moved on to other things, but still have an appreciation for all things chocolate (well...almost...there is at least one brand of couverture that I can NOT stand). 

Oh- and I'd count shoveling as outdoor activity.  You were outside, in the snow, and getting a workout on.  I've cleaned driveways before....it ain't easy. 

It's something I can look into. I just get so... bored. Which is because I find clearing my mind boring. I also find mediation boring, but these things are supposed to be good for mental well-being, so. 

I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but my wife likes it. And I enjoy the smell of it when I'm baking. :D What kind of chocolate production did you work in? Did you get to eat a lot chocolate??? :D

lol! I'm leaning towards that, too. I normally don't mind it, but over a foot of snow is ridic and beyond my limits of being understanding.

• Like 1

📷 📚

I counted all the snow shoveling I did today as an activity because that was a shit to of snow and it was painful!

Chocolate Torte over the weekend?!  Yummy!  That sounds tasty and awesome!

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

It's something I can look into. I just get so... bored. Which is because I find clearing my mind boring. I also find mediation boring, but these things are supposed to be good for mental well-being, so. 

I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but my wife likes it. And I enjoy the smell of it when I'm baking. :D What kind of chocolate production did you work in? Did you get to eat a lot chocolate??? :D

lol! I'm leaning towards that, too. I normally don't mind it, but over a foot of snow is ridic and beyond my limits of being understanding.

Welll....can't help you with the bored part, but I do understand.  If you have any weapons in your art, maybe do some slow kata with a sharp one?  I find that is very focusing... :) (rare occasion only, mostly I just swing a bokken). 

For chocolate - my brother-in-law and sister own a bakery/patisserie (you can assume I'm not paleo), and I was making molded and enrobed/dipped chocolates, largely by hand, including the fillings.  Also molded larger pieces such as Easter eggs to fill with candy.  Our current chocolatier kicks some serious ass, and when we get a new production space later in the summer, I'm probably going to move back into it after a stint in management. 

I've eaten a fair share, but it's not an all-the-time thing, especially since when in production, you have to taste things as you go along.  I don't do quite as much tastings these days, but I do like to try new things when I find them out in the wild - there are a number of good small producers out there (and a good number of crap ones, too, but that goes with everything).  I'm also highly opinionated, potentially snobbish, but try to keep it to myself unless asked.  :D

Any shoveling of snow that isn't just a couple of inches that will melt the next day, counts.  That s* seriously sucked, even back in the day when I was in fantabulous shape. 

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates that frozen parody video. I will accept chocolate foods if you don't want them around. Just sayin'. 

• Like 1

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Settling in for chocolate discussion~

russell-eating-chocolate-o.gif

I'm a big fan of dark chocolate.  Especially when you add strawberries.  Dark chocolate and strawberries sound so good.  I especially love dark chocolate flourless cakes, yum!

Delicious bitter sweet dark chocolate...! Yum!

Spoiler

---

---

---

I counted all the snow shoveling I did today as an activity because that was a shit to of snow and it was painful!

Chocolate Torte over the weekend?!  Yummy!  That sounds tasty and awesome!

My arms are definitely feeling the shoveling, so I think I'mma count it. Because lord knows you can't do this shit in summer. I miss summer.

tumblr_mw3hgozdCI1skiltjo2_250.gif

lol I don't remember what I'm making when you come over on the 18th, but I figure I'll make something. We'll see.

Welll....can't help you with the bored part, but I do understand.  If you have any weapons in your art, maybe do some slow kata with a sharp one?  I find that is very focusing... :) (rare occasion only, mostly I just swing a bokken). 

For chocolate - my brother-in-law and sister own a bakery/patisserie (you can assume I'm not paleo), and I was making molded and enrobed/dipped chocolates, largely by hand, including the fillings.  Also molded larger pieces such as Easter eggs to fill with candy.  Our current chocolatier kicks some serious ass, and when we get a new production space later in the summer, I'm probably going to move back into it after a stint in management. 

I've eaten a fair share, but it's not an all-the-time thing, especially since when in production, you have to taste things as you go along.  I don't do quite as much tastings these days, but I do like to try new things when I find them out in the wild - there are a number of good small producers out there (and a good number of crap ones, too, but that goes with everything).  I'm also highly opinionated, potentially snobbish, but try to keep it to myself unless asked.  :D

Any shoveling of snow that isn't just a couple of inches that will melt the next day, counts.  That s* seriously sucked, even back in the day when I was in fantabulous shape. 

Yeah. My art, unfortunately, doesn't have kata or weapons (well, unless you count my knees and thighs and arms as weapons). My art requires me to be on the floor, escaping people and submitting them. It's not one of the structured ones, but one of the ones you see in MMA fights. =/

That is awesome. I've never tried my hand at chocolate making (tried to make raspberry truffles over the holidays and that... failed. horribly.) but I am always in awe of the pretty things chocolatiers can create. I'm also jealous of your sister and brother-in-law. So many delicious smells, all the time...

My poor shoulders... And who knows when the 4 ft of snow in my yard is going to melt. :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates that frozen parody video. I will accept chocolate foods if you don't want them around. Just sayin'. 

I'll try to remember to bring you some at the next Disney race I do. (Which is looking to be in 2017!)

Settling in for chocolate discussion~

russell-eating-chocolate-o.gif

Pfft. You would. :tongue:

I'm a big fan of dark chocolate.  Especially when you add strawberries.  Dark chocolate and strawberries sound so good.  I especially love dark chocolate flourless cakes, yum!

Delicious bitter sweet dark chocolate...! Yum!

2014-02-28-truffles.gif

• Like 2

📷 📚

I miss summer too.  Be able to do long walks outside.  Delicious excuses for ice cream and cold yummy cocktails.  Wine festivals.  The taco festival...oh summer...

frozen-samme-mejias-6.gif

2014-02-28-truffles.gif

seinfeld.gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---