spezzy is boring.

spezzy

Hiiiiii warriors.

giphy.gif

This challenge I'm going to do one big thing - I'm going to be slow and boring.

I'm not sure what my end goal really is - I know I want to consistently get stronger. I'm struggling between wanting a serious focus, like powerlifting, and wanting to do other things that I really enjoy - like gymnastics and a lot of bodyweight strength items. Trying to incorporate them together the best as I can and really keeping training what I consider to be fun - even if means it will take me a bit longer to hit my long term goals. 

I have three big fitnessy goals on my epic quest (https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/4/) - one is powerlifting related, I have it down as a 450 wilks, which would require just under 100lbs increase over all 3 lifts combined, staying at my current bodyweight (current PR lifts being 272 / 190 / 408 - If I could get 325 / 225 / 450, I'd be at a 460 wilks, and would officially be in the 1000lb club, which would be super rad).

The other two big goals are 10 strict ring muscleups in a row (I'm at 4) and a L sit to handstand - both of which are just going to take time and work.

I think it's truly possible for me to get there if I keep at the track I'm going, however, there are some things I NEED to do to get there.

One of the things I've been really focusing on is my body while I heal from my hamstring injury (I'm at the point now where I'm at the very tail end), and doing sports massages every 10-12 days, and getting a LOT of homework. The good news is - my body is starting to move better - the bad news is, as my body moves more correctly, I am having to relearn a lot of things and get a whole new set of things in my head to practice so I can make it automatic. So I need to continue to take it slow, and be patient. 

I know I've talked about fixing my body before, but I finally feel as if I'm in a good mental place to be patient and also have a good team working with me (sports massage + people I train with) to really make this stick and work. And massage isn't cheap, so if I'm putting in the investment, I've got to just do it right.

I've also been struggling with sleeping (again).

So all of that to say - this challenge is about being boring, and trucking along SLOWLY. 

giphy.gif

In order to do that, my goal for this challenge is to be boring. I need to remove ALL emotion from everything I'm doing. If I ahve a specific schedule and routine, there's no option to do the dumb things I want to do. So, I am going to have ONE goal.

That goal is to follow a routine.  It will consist of the following:

• I will follow a schedule. I will have hours that tell me exactly what I need to do when - from working, to working out, to walking the dog, to stretching.
  • I will have work hours, and work from my apartment's business center at least 20 of those hours. 
  • I will follow my workout programming even if I feel as if I could do heavier weight.
  • I will do all of my rehab homework (scheduled time in for it)
  • I will meditate every day (scheduled in my routine)
  • I will have me time for myself every day
  • I will go to bed and get up at the same time every day
  • I will follow an exact food plan (last challenge I tracked and determined the things I was doing wrong, so now I can make a plan and just follow it). 

I'll have the food plan and workout plan for the month done by sunday. 

giphy.gif

but that's really it :) One goal.

Grading - we have 26 days in this challenge, so, each day I get a 100%, I get 3.84% towards the final grade of 100%. 

There are a few noted exceptions ahead of time (like, I know already I'll be going out to eat on the 14th) so those don't count against my total. 

• Like 3
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Whoa, depressing atmosphere around this challenge. I'll sub anyway because; Spezzy.

I've never injured my hamstring. If I really wanted to, how would I go about doing this, in your experienced opinion? (what happened?)

wait wait what is depressing about this? I don't even have the slightest bit of sadness associated with it. 

hamstring injury - I was just too fatigued and was trying to work at 100% all the time.  Not taking proper rest or deloads or taking care of myself. There are hundreds of ways to injure it - but in this case, taking proper deloads, recovering properly would prevent what happened to me :)

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

When a monkey mates with a wolverine, its offspring inherits the reincarnated soul of a lazy human and a sloth is born.

anigif_enhanced-1838-1401393908-32.gif

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I know I've talked about fixing my body before, but I finally feel as if I'm in a good mental place to be patient and also have a good team working with me (sports massage + people I train with) to really make this stick and work. And massage isn't cheap, so if I'm putting in the investment, I've got to just do it right.

I've also been struggling with sleeping (again).

So all of that to say - this challenge is about being boring, and trucking along SLOWLY. 

In order to do that, my goal for this challenge is to be boring. I need to remove ALL emotion from everything I'm doing. If I ahve a specific schedule and routine, there's no option to do the dumb things I want to do. So, I am going to have ONE goal.

That goal is to follow a routine.  

So true, it's not flashy or exciting but the daily grind sure does get the job done (ergo the formation of the grand canyon). I'll be lurking occasionally as this's been my problem for ages. I'm consistently inconsistent. What's your plan to keep track of your schedule each day since it seems pretty exact? Are you using an app with pop-up reminders or something? 

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I like boring! Sometimes we all need a bit of routine.

I've gotten so far away from mine it is time to get back

You're not boring. You're level grinding :)

I like the sound of that :)

Hiiiiii. Yayyy for consistency not boringness

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Ohai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Slow and steady wins the race, or something like that. :) <3

f51ce53920e6d380a099a84ae8173c46.gif

I'm here because Sloth gifs.

sloth-baby-1436970265.gif

giphy.gif

When a monkey mates with a wolverine, its offspring inherits the reincarnated soul of a lazy human and a sloth is born.

anigif_enhanced-1838-1401393908-32.gif

download1.gif

So true, it's not flashy or exciting but the daily grind sure does get the job done (ergo the formation of the grand canyon). I'll be lurking occasionally as this's been my problem for ages. I'm consistently inconsistent. What's your plan to keep track of your schedule each day since it seems pretty exact? Are you using an app with pop-up reminders or something? 

I have a notebook to keep track of what I do for the work day: (this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7ZKELG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00)that I LOVE.

For other stuff, I don't have reminders set up or anything like that (pop up notifications on anything actually drive me nuts). I have the basic day to day written out next to my desk so I'll just have to make myself follow it.

I love boring! Ps, hi I'm here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I have a notebook to keep track of what I do for the work day: (this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7ZKELG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00)that I LOVE.

For other stuff, I don't have reminders set up or anything like that (pop up notifications on anything actually drive me nuts). I have the basic day to day written out next to my desk so I'll just have to make myself follow it.

Hmm....I've been using a wall calendar and color coding it with highlighters but it's just not big enough so everything doesn't fit -perhaps I'll try an actual planner like that one. Molte grazzie. 

I really can't decide if the sloths are adorable or menacing...they seem like they can swing either way...

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

wait wait what is depressing about this? I don't even have the slightest bit of sadness associated with it. 

hamstring injury - I was just too fatigued and was trying to work at 100% all the time.  Not taking proper rest or deloads or taking care of myself. There are hundreds of ways to injure it - but in this case, taking proper deloads, recovering properly would prevent what happened to me :)

I don't want to point out all the things that I perceived as depressing, but right at the start, the challenge title is a big fat lie.

On hamstrings, I am often daydreaming about building a custom hamstring roller. I currently use my chrome automotive tools (breaker bar, torque wrench) as they slide easily across clothing. What I want, though, is a contraption that hinges off the floor, supporting a rolling bar high enough to dangle my leg over from a seated position on my bench. It would be so good, that I would probably pee myself.

I think my shopping list would be something like:

-short length 2x4

-1.5" pvc pipe

-18" long steel nipple pipe just narrow enough to fit inside the pvc pipe

-holesaw bit sized for the steel pipe

I got the screws, grease, rubber footing.

We already knew this.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

*yawn*

Oh, hai!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Hmm....I've been using a wall calendar and color coding it with highlighters but it's just not big enough so everything doesn't fit -perhaps I'll try an actual planner like that one. Molte grazzie. 

I really can't decide if the sloths are adorable or menacing...they seem like they can swing either way...

i used to have a white board that had color coded post its, but i couldn't bring it with me, so i switched to the notebook :)

and sloths are both that is why they are so great :D

I don't want to point out all the things that I perceived as depressing, but right at the start, the challenge title is a big fat lie.

On hamstrings, I am often daydreaming about building a custom hamstring roller. I currently use my chrome automotive tools (breaker bar, torque wrench) as they slide easily across clothing. What I want, though, is a contraption that hinges off the floor, supporting a rolling bar high enough to dangle my leg over from a seated position on my bench. It would be so good, that I would probably pee myself.

I think my shopping list would be something like:

-short length 2x4

-1.5" pvc pipe

-18" long steel nipple pipe just narrow enough to fit inside the pvc pipe

-holesaw bit sized for the steel pipe

I got the screws, grease, rubber footing.

i often just use my coffee table as a desk and roll on the floor. or sit on a lacrosse ball!

We already knew this.

giphy.gif

Hi Spezzy!  Your challenge looks awesome, I'm definitely going to check out that planner.

Also, I made the recipe you posted on instagram last night (sorry if this is off topic) and it was excellent :)

:D :D :D yayyy!

• Like 1

Quick day 2 update.

Schedule is going well except the get up time - I knew the first few days were going to be an "ease in" to getting up earlier, but I was hoping to get up about half an hour earlier than I did the last two days. Seriously considering one of those sunrise alarm clocks. 

The other thing I struggled with last night was signing off work when I was supposed to be done work - I had stuff I needed to do for a big meeting today, so I stayed an extra hour. 

I also didn't headspace (theme of my life).

Sooooooo need to do better today. 

• Like 2