Pureleeawesome: Roast Mutton

This Quest

My topic title comes from the second chapter of The Hobbit. I plan to do each challenge as a chapter of The Hobbit (and then LotR I imagine) one of my goals will relate to the chapter title. These goals are done in conjunction to my previous challenges goals, excluding the chapter title related goal.

1. Walk around outside once a day

2. Complete or mend my 5 camicia's for Festival.

3. One weight lifting session a week.

Roast Mutton

A Hobbit should really have more variety in their diet than just eating roast mutton all the time. I should make some new dishes.

To complete this goal:

Make four new food dishes that aren't desserts.

• Like 4

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Roast Mutton

A Hobbit should really have more variety in their diet than just eating roast mutton all the time. I should make some new dishes.

To complete this goal:

if I find anything nifty I'll toss a copy of the recipe your way :D

• Like 1

Following along again! Kick ass! 

84234717.gif

Right on!

a33989a010c2c1f5599c1d05682bc9ff.gif

if I find anything nifty I'll toss a copy of the recipe your way :D

Thanks! I'm trying to head towards Paleo type thingies.

Following again :) Good luck, I'm especially curious about new foods - you will share pictures, right? :D

Yay, thanks! Where is your thread though, hmm? :P

I will try to post the food pics. I tend to Instagram images and Instagram/NF is nao friends :(

In challenge related news, I have nearly finished one camicia. It was also pointed out to me that three camicia's really is enough so maybe I will finish this and make two other items to count towards the challenge.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

So off to a goodish start yesterday.

Still ongoing with last months challenges so I took lunch to work and did a Yoga session. I have my weightlifting session scheduled in for Wednesday. Need to wash my clothes tonight if that's going to happen.

My first planned dish is a Caulflower Korma. I got the recipe from this book that Mom got me for Christmas:

A882217.jpg

I completely forgot about going outside for a bit until late last night so I just wandered out and looked at the stars. Was very peaceful.

Camicia has still not been finished, mostly because I was lazy and wanted to lay down while watching Chuck last night, instead of sitting up and sewing.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

I'm practically Hulk smashing this challenge peeps.

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

1. Walk around outside once a day Dooooooone 3 walks outside completed

2. Complete or mend my 5 camicia's for Festival. Still working on one... but it's getting there.

3. One weight lifting session a week. First weightlifting session completed!

Roast Mutton

69cd802209e7f278973365f7ed162f7d.jpg

Boom. Cauliflower Korma.

880d7e4133010460c1ae7e80388fa845.gif

• Like 2

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Recipe:

Paste:

2 tsp cumin seeds

1 tsp coriander seeds

2 garlic cloves

4cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 1/2 tsp garam masala

1 overripe Roma tomato, chopped

2 tbsp desiccated coconut

1/4 cup raw almonds

1 long green chilli, chopped.

Blend it all in a food processor until it's smooth. Add a little water to the mixture if needed

2 tbsp coconut oil

1 large red onion, cut into thick wedges

650g large cauliflower florets

400ml can of coconut cream

1 red capsicum cut into pieces

100g baby spinach

Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When it's hot add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until fragrant.

Add the onion and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the coconut cream and bring to the boil then turn the heat low and simmer, covered, for ten minutes. Stir in the capsicum and simmer for 2 minutes more or until the cauliflower is just tender.

Take the pan off the heat and stir in the spinach until it wilts. Season to taste.

Makes 6 servings.

Challenge Update:

1. Walk around outside once a day Kinda slacking but allowing myself to slack. Will go outside today.

2. Complete or mend my 5 camicia's for Festival. One completed!

3. One weight lifting session a week. One was completed for this week, kinda feel like doing a second but still a bit too tired.

Roast Mutton

Make four new food dishes that aren't desserts. 1/4 complete!

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

I'm in that stage of the challenge where I can't be bothered writing about how I'm going, though I'm going fine. Need to be a bit more outdoorsy is probably the main thing. Continuing lifting but haven't done yoga yet this week.

There's a heatwave in Perth and I live in one of the lucky suburbs who had their power out from 6:30pm to 2am yesterday and it's messed with my adulting ability. I just want to eat all the things and sleep the rest of the time.

Challenge Update:

1. Walk around outside once a day Was outside during my weightlifting session. Should prioritise this.

2. Complete or mend my 5 camicia's for Festival. One completed, 2 mended!

3. One weight lifting session a week. 2nd out of 4 was completed. I added in Overhead Presses.

Roast Mutton

Make four new food dishes that aren't desserts. 2/4 complete! Pictures to come soonish. I made this - http://communitytable.parade.com/376380/communitytable/cashew-orange-chicken-and-sweet-pepper-stir-fry-in-lettuce-wraps/

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

That food looks so delicious!! I feel you about not feeling like writing here. I still try to write in my own thread everyday, but I've been neglecting everyone else's. Trying to remedy that right now :D

Losing power sucks :( I think I've never experienced an outage as long as that one, I hope everything's back to normal now. Keep it up regardless :)

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Keep going!! Maybe you put too much on your plate with all these items? Just get done what you can and don't stress out about it. I feel like it's really difficult to correctly predict how much work I can do in a given timeframe. That's why I prefer goals that tell me to do stuff for a set amount of minutes, regardless of how much I get done ;)

Challenge Update:

1. Walk around outside once a day Ugh, same as last week. Bad me! Prioritise more.

2. Complete or mend my 5 items for Festival. Going okay, but need to step it up.

3. One weight lifting session a week. 3 out of 4 completed and I added 5kgs to all my lifts for the last 3 sets.

Roast Mutton

Make four new food dishes that aren't desserts. 2/4 completed. I devoured the last one before I took photos. Oops. Planning to make this:

c2c0139b113ba93b239d0b2c8de3b918.jpg

• Like 2

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Apparently this was a "hot" post but I didn't even make it past one page. (I'll laugh if this post makes it a second page).

End of Challenge Update:

1. Walk around outside once a day This will probably make it into my second challenge.

2. Complete or mend my 5 items for Festival. Lots of insecurities happened. I have a game plan though.

3. One weight lifting session a week. Did great. Even did some kettlebell work.

Roast Mutton

Make four new food dishes that aren't desserts. I'm calling this complete.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Wooooooo, challenge is over!! Nice work. I'm also really astonished how hard it is to walk around outside daily. It's on my list for next challenge, too :) Great work on the weight lifting and cooking. Here's to an even more awesome next challenge!