Voltron: Tanktimus Forms Blazing Sword for Warrior Dash

Continuing with my 80’s Cartoon Theme we turn now to the story of five intrepid explorers who journey to find the legendary Voltron, who has been split into five lions that can reform the mighty Voltron, Defender of the Universe. In the challenge after this one I will be running my first OCR, the Warrior Dash, so I have that in mind as I am crafting these goals. Each Lion will be plugged into one of my five goals. There is a more recent version of the cartoon that links each lion to a specific attribute that I’m using to link those lions to the goals. The intro is of course from the 80’s, like me. I’m also naming the pilots of each lion after Rebels who inspire me in the areas of fitness they represent. I’m sorry that there are only Five Lions and I can’t fit every Rebel into this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clm29r9qfgQ

yellow.jpg

Yellow Lion: Piloted by Sam Ashen. No need to explain why I picked him. Strength. Nine lift days. The yellow lion is the lion of the Earth, and is known for its strength. When I built ten lift days in the last challenge I forgot that the final weekend wouldn’t be part of the challenge, so I’m dialing the goal down to nine. Anything over nine means bonus points. I need strength to complete those obstacles in the warrior dash.

giphy.gif

Red Lion: Piloted by Xena. Speed. Anyone who can run two marathons in one challenge had earned the right to pilot the Red Lion. Nine run days. The Red Lion of fire is fast, and I’m going to be faster at the end of the challenge than I was at the beginning. I’m still working on Runkeeper’s Running for Fat Loss program. Anything over nine runs is bonus points. I need speed and endurance to finish the course.

giphy.gif

Green Lion: Piloted by Sloth the Steady. The Green Lion of Life comes from the Forest, and represents life giving food. I chose Sloth for his heroic struggle to dial in the Misery diet and conquer SlothBelly. Cook Paleo with no more than three variances a week. 1% bonus for each unused variance at the end of the week. Gotta fuel the tank to be able to run the race.

Voltron_BlackLion_CartoonAr.jpg

Black Lion: Piloted by Darkfoxx. The Black Lion of Air is going to Represent my Domestic Rangering Goal. I still remember her epic Decluttering complete with doggie pics from last year. Each week I will: Clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, do laundry, mop, vacuum and take out the trash in a timely manner. I haven’t been letting the trash get out of hand, but I mash stuff down to make room more often than I’d like. Success is defined as taking the trash out as soon as mashing it down doesn’t make a difference, instead of waiting.

SVEN2.jpg

Blue Lion: Piloted by Nymeria. The Blue Lion of Water represents flexibility, as water is fluid. I think we all know why I picked Nymeria for this one :) Two Foam rolling sessions per week, and one NF Yoga mini-mobility sessions per week. I’m still baby-stepping this one up so I’m only adding one thing from last time. Gotta be anti-fragile to prevent injury while conquering the Warrior Dash.

Let’s Go Voltron Force!

• Like 26

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Nice range® of goals, I particularly hear you on the trash situation... I've been known to start a new bag rather than taking out the old :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great goals!! I feel ya on the housecleaning! I really need to do that! 

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Following along for an awesome theme (yes I remember watching this cartoon as well and I am also from the 80s LOL)

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Great theme, and solid goals!  I'm hitting the domestic rangering and the prehab stuff pretty hard this challenge, too.  :)  And I'll absolutely have your back and will help encourage you with the foam rolling and yoga work.  Rolling out your hamstrings, quads, and ITB should do wonders for your recovery from the running.  

foam-roller-it-band-exercise.jpg

• Like 8

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Duuude super creative bombastic idea, LOVE IT!!  With the power of Rebels, you can't lose!! ^__________^

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Nice theme, I'm pleased that I finally know one of the cartoons you kids are talking about.  Also incredibly honored to be a part of the team.

You earned it a long time ago my friend. Its great you know this one.

Nice range® of goals, I particularly hear you on the trash situation... I've been known to start a new bag rather than taking out the old :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you did there. If I take the old bag out of the can I will take it out to the dumpster, but I can make a bag last longer than is helpful.

Looks great! Love your honorary Lions.

Thank you. I'm not going to do a story like Rurik, but I wanted to honor some of my fellow Rebels.

Great goals!! I feel ya on the housecleaning! I really need to do that! 

Then go do one little, easy, trackable thing right now.

Following along for an awesome theme (yes I remember watching this cartoon as well and I am also from the 80s LOL)

Glad to have you.

Loving the 'mashing it down' goal, that is so true!

"Now we know that Trolls also explode."

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about ;)

In for the ride. Great theme, i watched it a lot when i was a kid, and i even had a friend who had all the the lions to form the big one. I was so jealous.

You will come fully prepared for the warrior dash, no doubt in my mind! Now let's make some bonus points!

I had the green one. He got lonely and made friends with my transformers.

Great theme, and solid goals!  I'm hitting the domestic rangering and the prehab stuff pretty hard this challenge, too.   :)  And I'll absolutely have your back and will help encourage you with the foam rolling and yoga work.  Rolling out your hamstrings, quads, and ITB should do wonders for your recovery from the running.  

Thanks. I tend to foam roll more on run days than lift days. Interestingly my ITB doesn't really have any problems, maybe because I haven't been running very long. Even foam rolling on it doesn't hurt. Just lucky I guess.

Cackling at 'SlothBelly' - you don't need luck, you've got this!

You need to check some of Sloth's old challenges, his struggle to overcome it has been epic, which is why he's piloting the green lion.

Duuude super creative bombastic idea, LOVE IT!!  With the power of Rebels, you can't lose!! ^__________^

Thanks. No RoBeast shall stop us!

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following along. I love the theme and I think I might have seen that show once or twice? I'm from the 90's though so maybe not. It looked hella awesome though.

• Like 1

Starting Weight:     220lbs

Current Weight:     230lbs

Goal Weight:            150lbs

Reboot 2: Perfectionism Horse

Reboot 1: Charity Masquerade Wheel II Wheel Triumphant Present Stumbles

Past Challenges: 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Fun! Can't wait to see you run with the Lions :)

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Love the theme!

Thanks! Lets Go Voltron Force!

Following along. I love the theme and I think I might have seen that show once or twice? I'm from the 90's though so maybe not. It looked hella awesome though.

So many cartoons from the 80's fit that description ;)

Following along! Looks like you've got a great challenge again and I'm sure you'll ranger it all!

Thanks, I plan on it. I also look forward to seeing you Druid all over your challenge goals!

Fun! Can't wait to see you run with the Lions :)

Your post just made me think of all the fun I can have with Achilles quotes  B)

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Fun challenge. Can't wait to hear about all the Warrior Dash. Never heard of the cartoon though, before my time, and before my son's time, so for the most part I'm pretty clueless on 80's cartoons.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I don't know anything about Voltron, but I do enjoy the company of Justicar Tanktimus.  I'll be here!

• Like 5

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

voltron-transformation-4-o.gif

This was a must watch when I was a kid!!

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I don't know anything about Voltron, but I do enjoy the company of Justicar Tanktimus.  I'll be here!

5 robot lions for a mecha, bad guys attack, Voltron wins. Glad you'll be here Master Harrigath.

Love your themes! Reminds me of very vague memories from when I was a kid and Loved watching these shows. 

Looking forward to you destroying your goals once again! Tank Style!!

Thanks! I'm going to keep doing these themes till I run out of 80's cartoons.

voltron-transformation-4-o.gif

This was a must watch when I was a kid!!

Love that gif. Glad to see you hanging out with the Rangers.

Here for this~

Plenty of Voltron to go around this time.

Good looking goals. I am here to suck some motivation from your awesome challenge.

Take all you need, and make sure you top that motivation off with discipline.

Ooooh, I loved watching Voltron! I mostly watched "boy" cartoons as a kid and Voltron was one of my favs. I love the sound of your challenge!

If it makes you feel better I liked She-Ra too.

I went wtih Mom and Dad to Olive Garden and ate about a Sam Ashen's worth of calories. No regrets, but I'm glad it wasn't part of the challenge because I had already used 3 variances this week. Not gonna worry about it either.

• Like 6

Current Challenge