WAIDH will come out to play-ay

whatamidoinhere

I just joined NF at the start of the previous 4 week challenge.  Now that my renegade initiation is complete I'm going to try things out over here in the Warriors guild.  I have a preference for barbell training and you people own the most barbells.  I don't have a vast amount of experience with self-improvement so I'll be taking all the free advice that's offered.  So far the one I've enjoyed the most was from SpecialSundae; ice cream for breakfast.  I have very much enjoyed that tip.  Being new to the world of picking things up I am trying to settle on a program that is both fun and efficient/useful.  I just finished a month and change on Ice Cream Fitness but the duration of the actual sessions is way over what I can sustain when I get back home.  I need something that is easier to run in the 75-90 minute range.  This month I'll try Greyskull LP, this will cut out a ton of accessory work that I don't believe was appropriate for my experience level.  

nKo9E78.gif?noredirect

The plan for this challenge?

Since I am not going to have unlimited access to food and gym time in the very near future I will be scaling back the demands on my time required by the challenge.  Ice Cream Fitness is OUT, Greyskull LP is IN!  Food will be a balanced goal as opposed to a volume goal.  Reading was a good goal while away from my family, but I read to my kid every night so that'd be a freebie this time, instead I will PLAY with my kid everyday.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I need to be honest with myself, watching cartoons with her isn't quite the same as building something out of lego.  Any day she isn't on board with dad-time that's fine, I still have to try.  Since I've been away a while I think my wife needs to know I missed her too.  Romance isn't really something I do well but I'd like to make my family a priority over the next challenge.

Diet: (1) In all things balance / 10 EXP:  3 balanced meals a day.  I'll figure out what counts as balanced later but certainly no breakfasts made entirely of frosted cocoa bombs and no lunches made of blocks of cheese.

Fitness: (2) Still on the horse part one / 10 EXP:  New program, Greyskull LP is 3x per week.  I'll be throwing in some frequency stuff too which means I'll have to do push ups, chin ups and pull ups everyday instead of just gym days.  Full plan in my Battle Log.

LUYL: (3) These are the days / 10 EXP:  Play with kid every day.  No min or max, just have to sit down and have some fun (or chase her until one of the two of us can't run anymore) with a great little kid without a tv to distract.

BONUS: (4) Well ain't that nice / 1 EXP each - MAX 5:  I gotta do something nice for my wife.  Either a letter in the mail or a dad/daughter day just to give mom a break.  I'm open to suggestions.  At least one a week seems like a good start.

---------------------

As before, any comments be it encouragement, tips, book recommendations or anything else is all welcome.  I'll be asking for program help in other threads but I'm wide open to feedback here as well.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Current Challenge/Fitocracy

(1) Rule of Threes 5XP

100%
100%
(2) Treat Yo' Self 4XP
100%
100%
(3) Consistency Is Key 10XP
100%
100%
(4) Feed The Brain 1XP
100%
100%
(5) Worth It's Weight... 5XP
100%
100%

CcOXtEB.gif

You've found the right spot.  best of luck on your quest!

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Challenge number 2 (for me) is off to a good start.  Because of work stuff, sleep was limited to about 5.5 hours (maybe less) over two phases.  Felt like shit going into the gym.  Didn't matter once the bar started moving.  Felt great by the end of the session.  One down, 10 to 12 to go (depending on if I skip the occasional double-rest day).  My weight continues to inch upwards which is a pleasant surprise.  The extra weight isn't really showing anywhere though, maybe I just have a fatter head.

Finished my supper with a walk back to work (4.5km)... Why do I not walk more?  No excuses now that I know it's a great mental break.  I would highly recommend walking, it's like a cold beer but free.  Since I'm not home yet, playing with the kid consists only of talking to her on video chat and telling dad jokes.

Now, let's see what brutal mini-quests are in the pipe :grief:

• Like 1

(1) Rule of Threes 5XP

100%
100%
(2) Treat Yo' Self 4XP
100%
100%
100%
100%
(4) Feed The Brain 1XP
100%
100%
100%
100%

My workset weights have come down as I'm trying to improve form.  Three months on Greyskull is the plan.  I'll revisit the program at the end of each month to tweek it for improvements.  Nothing will be changed throughout the month unless I do something dumb and hurt myself (biking in the winter counts as smrt rite?).  How am I doing three days into this 4WC?

Gym, check

Food, check check check (oh yeah, eating them greens!)

Kid, still not home yet, this won't start until next week

Wife, I'm not sure if this counts as something nice but; we're going to Deadpool wearing our finest garments, her in a very nice dress with heels and makeup, me in a three piece and a decent haircut.  We'll bring some hors d'oeuvres and snack on them in line for the best V-Day movie evah!  Leaving the kid with a sitter makes that a date right?

The push/pull/chins everyday is going well too.  I like this.

Not much to say overall, I set the bar low again because I haven't been doing this fitness stuff long enough to really zero in on fancy goals.

(1) Rule of Threes 5XP

100%
100%
(2) Treat Yo' Self 4XP
100%
100%
100%
100%
(4) Feed The Brain 1XP
100%
100%
100%
100%

Gym today went well, although... I'm pretty far behind on the push/pull/chin ups today :P gonna have to crunch them all in to a small time frame.

Off to go correct that, holla!

• Like 1

(1) Rule of Threes 5XP

100%
100%
(2) Treat Yo' Self 4XP
100%
100%
100%
100%
(4) Feed The Brain 1XP
100%
100%
100%
100%

Whoa... so this took much longer than expected.  Being home has been a major system shock both emotionally and physically.  I've been extremely drained of energy most days and getting into the local sleep cycle has been a major hurdle.  In the 10 days since I've been home I figure I've missed 1.5 gym trips (currently 3 days behind schedule at day-on-day-off rate).  I compounded my problems by going to visit my family for the long weekend.  I have a couple relatives in various stages of poor health, the visits are emotionally draining for everyone.  Boooo-urns, I have cultivated excuses instead of mass.

dBvpxjW.png

The last few days I've been getting my ass back on track.  I think my sleep schedule is finally sorted.  I've already tanked on the LUYL goal.  I haven't failed it by much but I didn't give myself any kind of increments of success so I can already kiss that 10XP goodbye.  Doesn't mean I won't keep working at it, just means I didn't try hard enough.  Speaking of failure.... I have fallen stupid far behind on the frequency exercises and balanced meals as well.  This challenge is in every way tanked at this point (not counting the bonus section).  I'm still plugging away at the goals I set and I'll keep tracking those that I started tracking until the end of this challenge.  

Lucky me my goals for next month are already set :D

tumblr_lve7hsZAj71r7s6d8o1_400.jpg

Well, same goals with degrees of success beyond 1 & 0.

• Like 1

(1) Rule of Threes 5XP

100%
100%
(2) Treat Yo' Self 4XP
100%
100%
100%
100%
(4) Feed The Brain 1XP
100%
100%
100%
100%

Damn kids... is this still going?

I think I hit a few of the points I wanted but my enthusiasm for tracking it died about the time I came home.  I did however stay on track for the exercise stuff until the end of the month.  Finished today with the February lift competition in the powerlifting section.  That was a huge confidence booster, I hadn't done a 1RM day before, my numbers where higher than I expected.

I'll be back in March with better tracking, and hopefully a chinup bar for the house  :neglected:

(1) Rule of Threes 5XP

100%
100%
(2) Treat Yo' Self 4XP
100%
100%
100%
100%
(4) Feed The Brain 1XP
100%