Jothra

Not even ashamed that I'm hoping this is on Netflix. I seem to have fallen down the pit of British Noir and have since been attempting to climb out by watching Clone Wars.

I want to kill Asoka with fire.

She improves over time.  Grows on you a little bit.  The clones are the best though.

No, I've just been using my extremely busy theatre schedule as an excuse to put things in my face hole.

I am definitely guilty of that also.  Mostly because of school.  Planning seems to be the key but restraint is terribly hard if I forget to pack a meal or end up staying late and don't have access to my fridge.  Diet is difficult, even without the extra work of catching gnomes for dinner. :)    Have you figured out a plan?

• Like 2

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

I am definitely guilty of that also.  Mostly because of school.  Planning seems to be the key but restraint is terribly hard if I forget to pack a meal or end up staying late and don't have access to my fridge.  Diet is difficult, even without the extra work of catching gnomes for dinner. :)    Have you figured out a plan?

By and large, I've been just below maintenance. It could be worse. Show's over Saturday, so it should all be over then.

I'll have my proper updates up either tomorrow or Saturday. As far as shugging and cycling/alternatives go, things are pretty good.

• Like 2

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

gf-makeoutdodos_zpshv0sou4g.gif

Remember that part of Back to the Future Part 2 with the trousers of time? NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Mystery Journal, p. 8:
     I've bounced around time and space a few times, but I've never been just handed a time machine and left to my own devices before. I admit I made a few mistakes, and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay have left space/time a little...ratty. I think I've managed to fix all the anachronisms I caused, but I just couldn't find a way to restore Nickelback's original award-winning jazz sound. I'm sorry to everyone for the Nickelback I've accidentally unleashed.

The weird guy who left me with the time machine is probably going to get in a lot of trouble over this.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 14 lb. at school. 5/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! MTB. 6/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. No. 4/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 8/28

On maintenance. I think I'll basically stay this way until the show's over. As long as I'm not eating to gain over the show run, I'll feel alright about it, I guess, though my challenge numbers will suffer.

I'm pretty much limited to reading at lunch, because most of my free time is driving to Lethbridge and rehearsing. That's alright — I read while walking around the gym for about 25 minutes.

• Like 1

Jothra

gf-winnersdontlose_zpseyypr88b.gif

I always get worse after I stop button-mashing.

Mystery Journal, p. 9:
     While digging around at an arcade (an arcade? Here?), I acidentally brought video game star Rumble McSkirmish to life. He is not a very nice person. After causing a ridiculous amount of property damage and beating up a few people, he finally challenged me to a battle to the death.

gf-neverunderestimatepunches_zpsprn4k9ir

I should never underestimate that he has punches.

Now, I have been practicing the same digging, chopping, and whatever else I started learning during my exile to the Far Lands, but I was still no match for this pixellated meathead. Fortunately, I found a loophole: I let him beat the crap out of me until my life bar said zero, and as soon as the words "Game Over" flashed over our heads, he disappeared.

I regret nothing.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 14 lb. at school. 6/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Alt. Much crazy walking. 7/20
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 9/28

Still on maintenance.

• Like 1

Jothra

gf-candymonster_zpso48ljeb3.gif

Oh no! It's all the worst candy, and it's after sweet revenge! (See what I did there? I...never mind. I'll stop.).

Mystery Journal, p. 11:
     Apparently, even though it's not October, the people around here are celebrating Halloween, and part of that means fear-mongering about a "Creeper" (not the same as the ones in the Far Lands) who pulls pranks (the kind in which people get eaten by the Creeper) every year.

Well, the Creeper found me. He told me if I didn't collect a whole wheelbarrow full of Halloween candy for him, he'd devour my soul, and the rest of me besides.

After hours and hours of collecting, I still didn't have enough, so the Creeper came to make good on his threat. He pulled off his mask, and revealed that he was made entirely of all that loser candy that's always leftover after Halloween; the gross, cheap stuff that no-one wants to eat. I wasn't about to be eaten by loser candy! So I ran.

I managed to lure the Creeper into the woods, where a hungry slurpasaur decided to make a quick meal out of him. Thank goodness I didn't have to eat him myself..

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 22 lb. 7/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Road bike. 8/20
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 10/28

Still on maintenance.

• Like 2

Jothra

gf-hamster_zpsyqtx6j0a.gif

Hamsters are a lot less adorable when you're tiny.

Mystery Journal, p. 12:
     Long story short, a strange crystal refracted special shrinky-light at me, and made me very tiny. I was nearly eaten by a hamster. Fortunately, flipping the crystal around was all it took to reverse things. I wish I'd thought to add a couple extra inches to my height before I destroyed the crystal.

Idiot.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. Alt. 8/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Road bike. 9/20
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 11/28

Still on maintenance.

I know I will be lifting many heavy things (enough set flats and risers to fill a Uhaul and maybe a couple of pickups) after the play's closing night Saturday, so I'm counting that as a shugging day for...reasons.

• Like 2

Jothra

Good news! Since the play is now over (closing was Saturday), I no longer have to worry about my script. Like, at all. It is now on the shelf with the others, waiting for the unlikely day that it is needed again for anything but nostalgic reasons.

My entire challenge should settle back down now. I think the reading goal is the only one unaffected by the play, but I knew the job was dangerous when I took it.

If you're main free time is driving, maybe you can try audiobooks?

You must be psychic, because I often listen to radio plays while I'm driving. Those are a good time.

Jothra

gf-gremlobin_zps4w5txz0v.gif

This is why I teach proper English in school, instead of "good enough" English.

Mystery Journal, p. 13:
People around here didn't believe all the weird things I've been telling them, so I decided to find proof. Unfortunately, the "gremlobin" I brought to show them escaped! Gazing into its eyes shows you your worst nightmare, and drives you mad!
After chasing it through town — not to mention a few walls — I managed to corner it.
Of course, I forgot that apart from its nightmare eyes, it also has razor-sharp claws and teeth. Oops.
Just as it was about to strike, it noticed its reflection in the mirror behind me...and looked into its own horrible eyes!
I'm not sure what its worst nightmare was, but it sure ran off in a hurry.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. Off. 8/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Off. 9/20
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 12/28

Still on maintenance.
Fun fact: in the Gravity Falls episode "Boss Mabel," the Gremlobin's worst nightmare is that it has become its father. It looks hilarious in nerd glasses.
  • Like 2

Jothra

gf-bottomlesspit_zpskd5gz96d.gif

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

Mystery Journal, p. 14:
     Well, I fell down a bottomless pit today. That happened. Apparently, if you fall far enough, you somehow just fall through the top again, and end up right where you started. I'm going to try not to do that again. I have solved the Bottomless Hole problem by puting up a sign that says "Beware of Hole."

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. Off. 8/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Off. 9/20
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 13/28

Should be the last day at maintenance. I already know Day 15 is back on original target. I doubt I'll make my original challenge goal, but I'm okay with that.. The rest of my goals should be within epsilon.

Bonus Homestar Runner GIF!

gf-sbmailbottomlesspit_zpsaudprnwt.gif

"When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation."

• Like 1

Jothra

gf-merman_zpssqapfejp.gif

Mer-man in the pool. Of course there's a pool. And of course there's a mer-man in it..

Mystery Journal, p. 15:
     The local pool (there's a local pool?) is full of the usual things, like...well...water. But this one also has a mer-man living in it. Now, I have nothing in particular against mer-men, except for that stupid Discovery Channel "documentary" about them I saw the one time, but the only fictional mer-man I've spent much time watching on TV was Mer-Man from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. And that guy was a dick.

Anyway, this guy wasn't half bad. It turns out he was trapped in the pool, and wanted to escape back to the ocean. It was all easy enough, I guess.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 22 lbs. 9/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Road and Stationary. 10/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. Yes. 5/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 14/28

I got 12 hours of sleep last night. The play is over, and I have the day off, so I now feel a bit like a person again. The theatre thing is a fantastic time, but I'm ready to gear down a bit. I'll have more time for straight-up shugging and cycling, and meals will be easier to pre-plan, so...yup.

Also, I can clean my apartment. I've barely seen it more than 10 minutes a day for almost a month, and neatness sure gets away from you when you're in and out like Kramer.

The series finale of Gravity Falls is on tonight.

• Like 3

Jothra

Good luck with the cleaning! Ouufffffff

Thanks! So far, so good.

It's really more of a purging than a cleaning, since most of the stuff I need to organize is already where it's supposed to be. I may work on the decor a bit; I have a lot of artifacts I can shuffle around.

Also, I should do something to class up the part of my kitchen counter that has recently become my coffee nook. I should really embrace the fact that it's totally the most used part of my kitchen now.

• Like 1

Jothra

Congrats on the show! 12 hours of sleep is impressive. You obviously needed it!

I read The Art of Tidying last challenge and really got my house in order. Best part is that 90% of it is still nice and tidy and I feel like I can keep it that way. The process totally took over my challenge but it was worth it.

Really great finale last night. Won't say anything else in case you haven't gotten to it yet. :)

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

gf-cereal_zpsp04upjio.gif

ZOW BALOUW!

Mystery Journal, p. 16:
     You know what? I'm not explaining this one. I'm just going to pretend it never happened. What never happened? Exactly.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 22 lbs. 10/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Road. 11/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. Yes. 6/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 15/28

The GIF is from the Gravity Falls episode in which Dipper and Mabel have a Freaky Friday-style mind swap. This GIF makes me quite happy.

• Like 1

Jothra

gf-water-1_zpsnatwzqeb.gif

gf-water-4_zps23ogoix4.gif

gf-water-2_zps4hhjxf3n.gif

gf-water-3_zpsx1ytbgmd.gif

Wow.

Mystery Journal, p. 17:
     In my investigations, I accidentally discovered that a local boy band is actually made up of clones. They were being held prisoner in a giant cage, and didn't know how to drink water from a glass (they were used to their giant hamster-type water straw).

I set them free. I give them a week.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 22 lbs. 11/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Road. 12/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. Yes. 7/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorer's Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 16/28

Enjoy water drinking GIFs.

• Like 2

Jothra

gf-pterodactylpunch_zpsuxupnxzk.gif

Admit it. This is your wildest dream come true.

Mystery Journal, p. 18:
     It's no surprise to anyone that there are dinosaurs and other extinct reptiles hanging out around here. This giant pterodactyl wasn't one of the extra-dimensional invaders mentioned in the Mystery Journal, but owhen it stole a popular local pig, the time came to act.

I don't care who you are, or what your goals are in life — you absolutely want to punch a rogue pterodactyl in the face. It's a basic instinct, like breathing, or making fun of muzak. You want it and you are right to want it.

The pterodactyl flew off for hopefully unknown realms. Maybe it'll get blown up by a creeper in the Far Lands. One can only dream.

Oh, and the pig made it.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. Missed. Sooooo tired. 11/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Alt. Hour and a half walk. 13/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. No. Visiting family., Tacos. Worth it. Maintenance. 7/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorers Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 17/28

The Explorers Guild is made up of prose sections, illustrations, and graphic novel sections. It takes a long time to read, because of the incredible amount of detail. Plus, I've been waiting for a book like this for a long time. Jothra likey.

• Like 2

Jothra

gf-bill1_zps5kwkfqni.gif

The shape of evil? TRIANGLE.

Mystery Journal, p. 19:
     It gives me chills just thinking about him, but here it goes.

My dreams were invaded by a one-eyed demon of some kind. He says his name is Bill Cipher. He may look goofy and affable, but when he talks you can tell he has absolutely no compassion or empathy in his entire evil body. He wants to destroy everything. I'm sure of it.

Think I'm exaggerating? Just wait until you see him mad.

gf-bill2_zpsfmcwv4ew.gif

His voice gets all deep and ominous, too, just in case you weren't sure how evil he is just from looking at him.

I managed to fight back, because it turns out when you're dreaming, you can do anything. Boom. But I wouldn't be surprised if I see this guy again...

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. 22 lbs. 12/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Road. 14/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. Yup. 8/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorers Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 18/28

One of the things I like about Gravity Falls is that it gives kids some credit. They decided that Bill Cipher could be an absolutely terrifying villain, and kids would probably be able to handle it. They were right.

• Like 3

Jothra

gf-discozombie_zpsjhmjpjzy.gif

Funny, but still brain-eaty.

Mystery Journal, p. 20:
     Zombies! Now, to be honest, a zombie movie has to be pretty amazing before I give a crap, but when actual zombies are clamouring for your brains, it helps if you've seen Shawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later. But not 28 Weeks Later. That movie was bad.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. Off. 12/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Off. 14/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. Maintenance. 8/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorers Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 19/28

The "disco ball zombie" is hilarious, so why did I have to GIF it myself?.

• Like 1

Jothra

gf-shapeshifter_zpszfuab4kk.gif

It only gets creepier from here.

Mystery Journal, p. 21:
     I found a weird underground bunker, with a weird guy in it. Unfortunately, the weird guy turned out to be a shapeshifter!

I manage to lure him into some kind of old cryopod before he could mess up my grill. Some of the things he turned into...well, I don't really want to relive those. It was like John Carpenter's The Thing only smarter. Ack.

bikey_zpsehphciff.gif

i.) Mine, shovel, chop, and hoe. Off. 12/20
ii.) Ride the Getaway Golf Cart! Off. 14/20
iii.) Stick to an all-gnome diet. Maintenance. 8/28
iv.) Read every day. The Explorers Guild by Jon Baird, with Kevin Costner and Stephen Meyer. 20/28

No pertinent blurb here today, but I will state for the record that Louis L'Amour's adventure stories were substantially better than his westerns.

• Like 1

Jothra