Schaengel's Quest to Achieve his wish [A first time Assassin]

Schaengel

Still alive and going but having trouble with the internet(Chinese firewall) goals are going okay except for training but we do an average of 14000steps a day so that's okay but improvements hopefully will be made. I hope to make a bigger update later today or tomorrow and when I'm in Japan I can finally show you some pictures. Okay now whe're going to the silk market and then to the lampion festival...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

• Like 2

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

Okay I was up early so today is a big update:)

First of all China/Beijing is awesome, but I'm already looking forward to travelling on to Japan.

The other students that are travelling to are awesome and even though our professor is annoying most of the time and pissing everyone on the group work's really well.

My goals are doing okay, managed to meditate most day's (even though I fell asleep 2-3 times xD).

The eating challenge is going smoothly too managed to eat something new everyday!!(and not just the tasty fun stuff like scorpions and bee's but also new vegetables :D)

The training goal isn't going that well, but we're walking an average of ~15km per day if my app is right so that should count at least as small exercise...but nonetheless I still aim to at least finish the assassin mini challenges strong (they also keep me motivated really good).

The studying goal is a failure :(

We had really good Chinese lessons here so I can now speak and read some basic things and read/recognize some basic character. I will try to keep some of the knowledge when I'm back home.

The writing for the club we put off till I'm back because there is no chance that I finish in time and quality...also because nobody is helping...D:

I started to learn/read some basic Japanese(for dummies xD) for the next part of the trip but I really need to start learning "project management" for next semester since I will miss half the lessons (still in Japan) and will write the exam very soon.

What else? Oh yeah walked/climbed the Chinese wall like a boss :D and am really looking forward to for the first time meeting another Nerd Fitness member. :D

• Like 2

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Last day/evening in China. Went to the scale and I have gained 5 fckn kilogram...I'm raging in my hotel room right now. So no more sweets, soda and energy drinks for the two weeks in Japan... :/

I hope so but I can't really tell...should have taken measurements before leaving...

Breakfast at the hotel for the last time and then hopefully not miss my flight.. >_<

• Like 1

Okay will write an final update for Beijing and the challenge tomorrow. Arrived in Tokyo and am lying now in a hostel bunk bed for the first time in my life...and feeling a little homesick but that's probably because I'm out of my comfort zone and will need to get used to this soon I hope (also I came in when the lights were already out so hadn't had the chance to make myself at home yet

• Like 2

YAY YOUR IN TOKYO!!! I can't wait to meet up with you! Japan is all kinds of awesome, I hope you have a fun time. There's already some early sakura blooming and the weather has been pretty good, if a bit cold. 

07ca950689fcf265303a40b3b7fa525b.gif

• Like 2

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

| STR 9.75 | DEX 10.5 | STA 13.5 | CON 15 | WIS 11.75 | CHA 14.25 |

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: {1st}{2nd}{3rd}{4th}{5th}{6th}

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

Yay and it's still awesome most of the time :)

I'm really enjoying the trip and have already been to asakusa, ueno park, roppongi, ikebukuro and Shinjuku and went to the games of toky fc and Tokyo verdy and today I stumbled into the Tokyo marathon...crazy.

I'm also looking forward to our meet up!

I realized today that I feel stressed in the evening because I haven't had any real conversation over the day, luckily when I'm lying in bed it's midday at home so chatting and nf and meditation keep my mood up and the downer thoughts at bay...tomorrow is another highlight day...Disneyland and then the bus ride to Kyoto :D

• Like 2

Also I will continue to use this thread because I don't have enough time to write up a good new thread... I gained all Dragon balls of the last challenge (even though with some luck) part 2 of the Dragon ball challenge will be in April.

Goals for March are:

- Stop the soda devil

- no fast food

- meditation daily

- travellog writing and regular Nerd fitness participation

I hope you will stick with me for the next weeks to :)

• Like 2

Bus ride to Kyoto? It'll be a long haul but you get to go to the rest stops and there's ALWAYS something cool to buy or good to eat (plus warm toilets and clean bathrooms). Will you take the Shinkansen at all? You would get some gorgeous views of the mountain, and with the clear winter air it's a good time for scenic pictures!

• Like 1

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

Current Challenge

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

The Bus ride is an overnight so I plan on sleeping most of the travel time :) (and also save the money for a night in a hostel ;) )

I will not take the shinkansen cause all the travelling needed is a lot cheaper by willer express and subways...

Midday update: Woah Disneyland is amazing but the food is bad and expensive...good that I packed a bento for damage control ;)

• Like 1

Still Disneyland and fighting. When planing I totally forgot how sensitive about light or more accurate the absence of light I am... So I booked the latest bus available to have enough time for all the attraction.

And now I'm regretting it combined with being tired and feeling cold I'm "jumping" from parade to parade to somehow get to do something to make the time go by faster.

Also I'm feeling quite homesick today. Not just because of being away but because of not having had a real conversation (more than just business transactions in basic English) 3 days in a row... :(

Decided to slow down in kyoto and maybe see one or two temples less but regain some energya nd willpower for the rest of the trip...

• Like 2

Okay had 8 1/2 hours of sleep in the warm willer express and regained a lot of willpower points through this. Nonetheless taking it slow the next days but that was the plan anyway.

Hoping to have more luck with the people in the hostel this time (in the last it was just a group of spanish speaking guys that weren't to keen on socializing and/or conversation in general)...

• Like 2

:( Good for you to keep adventuring even though it's a bit lonely right now.  I hope you find some friendly people to hang out with and talk too very, very soon!

• Like 1

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

Yes the new Hostel in Kyoto is awesome, nice people a really cozy Japanese style hostel with cafe hooray. Also I did a lot of walking and eating in Kyoto today already. Now I'm lying on my futon (yikes) and am planning the next day's. Sadly I will have to cut some world heritage sites for other activities...but I don't want to spend the 4days with just temples... Also decided to do the onsen trip tomorrow so Kyoto so far is a blessing for my soul and my willpower points ;)

Ps.: Challenge is a battle, need to cut soda more forcefully and also need to meditate more...

• Like 1

Yes the new Hostel in Kyoto is awesome, nice people a really cozy Japanese style hostel with cafe hooray. Also I did a lot of walking and eating in Kyoto today already. Now I'm lying on my futon (yikes) and am planning the next day's. Sadly I will have to cut some world heritage sites for other activities...but I don't want to spend the 4days with just temples... Also decided to do the onsen trip tomorrow so Kyoto so far is a blessing for my soul and my willpower points ;)

Ps.: Challenge is a battle, need to cut soda more forcefully and also need to meditate more...

I loved Kyoto I'm so glad its rejuvenating for you! There's so many things to do in Kyoto that honestly the most important thing is to just enjoy! I'm hoping the rest of your trip is full of energy and fun!

• Like 1

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

Current Challenge

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

Kyoto was great I'm spending my last minutes in the hostel right now until it's back to Tokyo by night bus.

I only now realized that I only have four more days and I'm have mixed feelings about it I could stay some more times but I also looking forward to get home.

Had a down phase again realized that it's just my "normal" mood swings but more extreme...I have to work on the underlying problem there I planed that for next challenge. Looking forward for the company I will have the next day's and the coming end of one adventure and the start of a new one :)

• Like 1

I'm down to just two more day's till I'm travelling back...waoh!!!

The last day's were amazing. I saw a lot now things in shibuja/harajuku and akihabara and meet a lot of nice people and really important the first other fighter from this rebellion. Thanks again for the meeting it was so awesome(also it's funny that the first fellow Nerd fitness fighter I meet is literally on the other end of the world) Today Yokohama was awesome, especially the heavy metal craft beer bar I visited awesome. So it's nearing the end...sadly ;/

• Like 1

Okay one more day...but it's the Studio Gihbli day so it's ending with a blast (and a lot of shopping probably) today I started by visiting the fish market(huge and I want to know how there logistics work xD) then spend the day slow enjoying the sunny day by walking through asakusa and some window shopping in Akihabara. And now I'm already in my bed (and do web stuff and watch anime). I like it that I have done everything I planed and can do the last day's relaxed without the feeling of missing something :) also I feel "full of Japan" but in a good way...it's nice here I will probably come back but now my family/friends, my own bed, my hometown and pizza are things I can really look forward to :)

• Like 2

Welcome home! At least, I think you are home now based on the dates? I just finished reading your updates from February to now and it sounded like a fun trip. Did you end up exploring Japan solo? I've been planning out a trip for next year to Costa Rica to get me out of my comfort zone. I haven't traveled solo ever and figure it's time.

• Like 1

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]