Br0din continues to stop making fat people decisions... again

Br0din

Flu shots are capable of giving you a minor case of the flu, I would not doubt it at all if it axed your energy.

And my wife wonders why I keep skipping out on them every year...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Spoiler alert: I never get them, they're just an educated guess of what this year's flu mutation will look like and is just as likely to make you sick as anything.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

The last time I got a flu shot, I was agreeing with the President on every major issue for two months. [/TROLL]

• Like 3

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

You can't get the flu from the flu shot. The virus is dead. That's like saying a dead wolf attacked you.

My understanding is vaccines are created from a dead or weakened virus. However, I have heard of cases of people getting sick--flu-like symptoms--within a day of getting the vaccine. Correlation not causation perhaps, but the risk plus the fact it's useless for next year because the darn virus adapts quickly rendering current antibodies ineffective at blocking the latest mutation...the "cure" may or may not be worse than the possibility of getting the disease, but seems to me it's darn close since you're not even guaranteed immunity.  

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

The last time I got a flu shot, I was agreeing with the President on every major issue for two months. [/TROLL]

I support the use of this Troll tag.

Sometimes it's hard to tell.

ALL IN FAVOR?

• Like 8

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Sometimes it's hard to tell.

ALL IN FAVOR?

If I could vote "aye" twice, I would....

• Like 3

Dang it!  I forgot!  I just posted in Zero Week and I forgot!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Dang it!  I forgot!  I just posted in Zero Week and I forgot!

Don't worry, that one was so obvious.

• Like 1

Y'ALL - the flu shot is a combination of the 3 or 4 most common strains likely to spread in America that year - based on research and past trends. You are right, it is not a guarantee that you won't get sick. BUT it is not JUST FOR YOU! Getting a flu shot helps prevent you from being a carrier and giving the flu to someone who has a much weaker immune system - children, the elderly, people with chronic diseases that compromises their immune system. If you won't get it for yourself - get it for the sweet old lady down the street.

• Like 5

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

Y'ALL - the flu shot is a combination of the 3 or 4 most common strains likely to spread in America that year - based on research and past trends. You are right, it is not a guarantee that you won't get sick. BUT it is not JUST FOR YOU! Getting a flu shot helps prevent you from being a carrier and giving the flu to someone who has a much weaker immune system - children, the elderly, people with chronic diseases that compromises their immune system. If you won't get it for yourself - get it for the sweet old lady down the street.

This, this, and more this. Even if you get a mild form of the flu and aren't screwed by it, you're a carrier. Those around you can catch it from you and have a worse reaction. Babies and the elderly can die from it. It's not a question of if you want to take the risk of getting the flu by not getting vaccinated, it's a question of whether you're willing to pass it on and possibly kill someone by not getting vaccinated.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

This, this, and more this. Even if you get a mild form of the flu and aren't screwed by it, you're a carrier. Those around you can catch it from you and have a worse reaction. Babies and the elderly can die from it. It's not a question of if you want to take the risk of getting the flu by not getting vaccinated, it's a question of whether you're willing to pass it on and possibly kill someone by not getting vaccinated.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'm one of those people that the flu can kill. I'm not as cute as a sweet old lady though, yet. But I'd like to get to sweet old lady age. You should see me at the gym, basically bathing myself in hand sanitizer every other lift. 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Wow, thats a lot of unique beers,  I do not know what "Pliny'd" is, so no.

You said "North Bay" and "beer" (and mentioned Heroine) so I figured you'd be familiar.  Pliny the Younger from Russian River Brewing in Santa Rosa.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'm one of those people that the flu can kill. I'm not as cute as a sweet old lady though, yet. But I'd like to get to sweet old lady age. You should see me at the gym, basically bathing myself in hand sanitizer every other lift. 

Side benefit of hand sanitizer... serves as a good base for chalk.  Improves my grip noticeably. ;)

• Like 1

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Hey hey, Br0! We are packing the house tonight for lifting. Feel free to come join us again!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

You can't get the flu from the flu shot. The virus is dead. That's like saying a dead wolf attacked you.

Then that dead wolf got me.

tumblr_mckijbzFa91qfzyaz.gif

I more likely got sick when I went to the medical complex early on a week day during prime old people going time.  Or when I went to my mom's retirement clubhouse for lunch.  Or, as my wife likes to remind me (as she's in full panic mode,)  that I was sick this time last year and conveniently missed valentines day.  

giphy.gif

My wife has gotten the mild flu like symptoms for a few hours after one.  It's hard to compare that to the actual crap out your eyeballs flu

yeah, I was having trouble figuring it out too.  I'm just really really fatigued and a sore throat.  How many cals in cough drops?  cause I'm eating them like candy.

6.gif

He has been seeming more reasonable to me this week...

obama-2-1438616943.gif

I find blood work more taxing than flu shots. But maybe I'm a weirdo

This has been confusing the matter for sure.

You said "North Bay" and "beer" (and mentioned Heroine) so I figured you'd be familiar.  Pliny the Younger from Russian River Brewing in Santa Rosa.

I will have to remember this the next time I have an adult beverage.  

Hey hey, Br0! We are packing the house tonight for lifting. Feel free to come join us again!

I'm bummed that I missed it, being on my death bed and all...

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr