ixaera goes Galaxy class~

freck

Is it blasphemy to have a Star Trek themed challenge, here? I kid, I kid. But not about my theme.

tumblr_n6o7iwJbZR1tbhzz6o1_250.gif

Simplicity worked quite well for me last time (I'm not quite done, going through Sunday), so I'm being simple again this time.

Star Fleet Academy has assignments for me.

Mission 1 (As a Star Fleet officer, my first mission is to the truth!)

No booze. None. No wine. No beer. The whole 4 weeks.

tumblr_lrfig8godt1qfrk53o2_250.gif

Mission 2

30+ minute workout 6 days a week.

I'm not specifying p90x3 this time (in fact, I just finished it), and most of these workouts will likely be from my beachbody subscription, but it's possibly I'll veer away from videos here and there and do strength circuits instead.

tumblr_nxkywzrySX1ufuclyo1_250.gif

Mission 3

20 min heavy bag routine 3x per week

This is replacing the steps goal from my last challenge. I think I can step it up, and this is how I want to do it.

tumblr_nmphpuq8UA1upaehko1_500.gif

Mission 4

Write/edit/brainstorm writing for 30 minutes 4x per week

200_s.gif

Starting stats & Ending stats, side by side! (Warning, uh, they are not that exciting)

Start|End order left to right

Weight: 104.8 | 105

waist: 24.8" | 25"

waist @ navel: 30" | 28.5"

hip: 35" | 34.5"

bust: 33" | 31.75" <--- D: D: D: WHAT

r. bicep: 10.25" | 10.25"

l. bicep: 9.75" | 9.75"

r. thigh: 19.8" | 20.25"

l. thigh: 19.5" | 19.75"

r. calf: 12.25" | 12.75"

l. calf: 12" | 12.75" <--- hayyyy

CA7MNMk.gif

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I'm excite about the bag work. I found a 20 min bag training app for free that I tested out a little bit (just enough to see that it mostly did what I wanted). It includes push ups and whatnot for 20 second bursts, which break up several 5 min combo repetitions. Works for me. If not, there's always youtube! (And, I guess, just randomly hitting it myself? I don't like that idea as much lol)

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

There is something to be said for spending some time practicing combos yourself in a freeform style. Not necessarily a whole workout devoted solely to that, but even 5-10 minutes would be a good idea. Were you actually sparring (to speak nothing of actual self-defense), there's no set routine to follow for that~ 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I think I love that you're doing a Star Trek challenge while the Assassin's mini is a Star Wars challenge.

ALL THE SCI FI!!!!

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Week 1, Day 1

8g1JTel.gif

Booze: I almost never drink on Monday, so, not even the slightest temptation. The first tempting will probably be Saturday, at a dinner party at a friend's place.

tumblr_ms2ds1l3BL1rmaxf0o2_1280.jpg

Workout: T25 Cardio. I was NOT EXPECTING to sweat that much in 25 minutes, so I'm pretty happy with this routine. It was hard, I had to take breaks, my HR got up to 160, which is hard for me to get done, oh boy.

1*KAtN71S9XgPcYD0As2VEQw.gif

Bag routine: Not today~

tumblr_n71ho75djv1qznsqyo1_400.gif

Writing: Actually working on a particular assignment that's more explication work rather than fiction writing, but it counts, so, I'll count it. In fact, I went at it for an hour.

data-smoking-pipe-star-trek-TNG-13950901

In other news, I worked on the "mini" challenge today and threw myself into an AMRAP of standard push-ups. The last time I did an AMRAP of standard push-ups, I got 16. That was sometime early in the last challenge. This time, I got 20. Bammmmmmmmmmmmmmm said the lady

Also I was really red-faced afterward :o breathe more

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1, Day 1

8g1JTel.gif

Booze: I almost never drink on Monday, so, not even the slightest temptation. The first tempting will probably be Saturday, at a dinner party at a friend's place.

tumblr_ms2ds1l3BL1rmaxf0o2_1280.jpg

Workout: T25 Cardio. I was NOT EXPECTING to sweat that much in 25 minutes, so I'm pretty happy with this routine. It was hard, I had to take breaks, my HR got up to 160, which is hard for me to get done, oh boy.

1*KAtN71S9XgPcYD0As2VEQw.gif

Bag routine: Not today~

tumblr_n71ho75djv1qznsqyo1_400.gif

Writing: Actually working on a particular assignment that's more explication work rather than fiction writing, but it counts, so, I'll count it. In fact, I went at it for an hour.

data-smoking-pipe-star-trek-TNG-13950901

In other news, I worked on the "mini" challenge today and threw myself into an AMRAP of standard push-ups. The last time I did an AMRAP of standard push-ups, I got 16. That was sometime early in the last challenge. This time, I got 20. Bammmmmmmmmmmmmmm said the lady

Also I was really red-faced afterward :o breathe more

YAAASS on the pushups!!!!!!

I find if I force myself to breath out as I push upwards then I remember to breath more.

• Like 1

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Week 1, Day 2

200_s.gif

Mission 1: No alcohol, not one drop

Tuesday booze is also not a thing for me.

tumblr_mstm9zwdXM1sg1xw8o1_400.gif

Mission 2: Work out 6 days a week!

T25 Speed 1.0

74ea5e8fe8ebb571d56520ee363bea13.gif

Mission 3: Punch the bag for 20 min

Bagwork complete. Arms = tired~

rpzfs.gif

Mission 4: Write like a mofo

Not planned, but might actually do some anyway, because deadlines.

In other news, I'm staying on top of pre-making a lot of my meals to avoid eating random things at the last minute that don't really fit goals well. That said, I'm not great at macros yet anyway and am practicing with those things to kind of get ready to do that in a future challenge. For now, I'm keeping track of protein and calories as is. Fat and carbs confuse me, honestly, as, apparently, does proportioning my protein out with my calorie goal.

I don't like my punchy app, and I need to clean the bag room something serious. I didn't realize how gross it was in there til today, ugh. My arms are also still red from punchies.

Fun!

Edit because I've forgotten to say this two days in a row now!

I'm still diet soda free~

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Red panda strong!

tumblr_nx8ljiR0it1rc7zl1o4_500.gif

Oooh macro tracking~ Hit me up on PM or right here and I'll be happy to throw in my $.02 to help you pursue your food goals. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Oooh macro tracking~ Hit me up on PM or right here and I'll be happy to throw in my $.02 to help you pursue your food goals. 

Oh definitely. Next challenge I should be back to where I was before NOLA, and less antsy about potentially gaining bad weight with diet experiments, too.

Lurking~

51tlo5o.gif

Sounds like your first two days went really well! Awesome job. :)

Heyro~

Glad to have you aboard!

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1, Day 3

giphy.gif

Mission 1: No alkies, not for me!

A LITTLE TEMPTED, but not enough to really dance about saying no. Work was hard, things are hard and expensive, and I wanted to relax in this way. I didn't, tho.

eflu6.gif?w=650

Got it done today. T25 Total Body Circuit. It was really hard, especially all the time he spends in plank, gosh. I'm feeling mildly dissatisfied with this series, because it is not helping me progress pull ups automagically and it looks like I'll have to do that separately. Unlike p90x3, which often used the pull up bar.

giphy.gif

Mission 3: Bag work

Not todayyy

tumblr_luzep7Dprb1qf4elio1_500.gif

Mission 4: Writing

Probably going to knock this out of the park this week just because I am working on a thing for a friend, and I don't want to be lazy about that. Funny how that works. When it's just ME I'll disappoint, well, who cares! ..... (sarcasm joke btw, in case the tone doesn't translate)

Food was about half good, half kinda off course. Breakfast was an enormous 450 calorie cookie and a french vanilla cappuccino. Lunch was chicken breast, beans, corn, onions, and salsa. Snack of a banana. Dinner was more chicken breast, with broccoli and cottage cheese. Too much dang sugar, and I didn't spread my protein out well enough. But hey, sometimes it's just time for an enormous cookie.

Cat went to the vet today. Infection is gone and she doesn't have to take any more meds. She's lost a pound (ugh, I feel so bad for this cat). Still has crystals & blood in her urine, so they've put her on a different Rx diet (she was already on one, but this one takes precedence). She's happy to not be at the vet, and she seems to enjoy her new food. 

And now I must perform my on-call duties and sleep

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1, Day 3

Got it done today. T25 Total Body Circuit. It was really hard, especially all the time he spends in plank, gosh. I'm feeling mildly dissatisfied with this series, because it is not helping me progress pull ups automagically and it looks like I'll have to do that separately. Unlike p90x3, which often used the pull up bar.

Mission 4: Writing

Probably going to knock this out of the park this week just because I am working on a thing for a friend, and I don't want to be lazy about that. Funny how that works. When it's just ME I'll disappoint, well, who cares! ..... (sarcasm joke btw, in case the tone doesn't translate)

1- Yay for resisting alcohol! I'm in that boat too. There is 1 beer in my fridge (ironically I am supposed to use it to cook with) but it occassionally whispers my name.

2- Shawn T doesn't tend to use 'props' in his workouts. (outside of Asylum). I've not done T25, but I suspect that it'll be more like Insanity condensed. I've got THe Master's Hammer and Chisel and it DEFINITELY uses the chin up bar. Which is a pain in the ass for me because I don't have the ability to set one up in my apartment....

3- YAY WRITING! I too set myself a goal to write daily. Not a word limit, just the 'write something, even if it's garbage'. And it's working, I'm actually getting back into my writing. Are you doing writing prompts or is it something specific you're working on? (Like a NaNoWriMo project)

• Like 2

1- Yay for resisting alcohol! I'm in that boat too. There is 1 beer in my fridge (ironically I am supposed to use it to cook with) but it occassionally whispers my name.

2- Shawn T doesn't tend to use 'props' in his workouts. (outside of Asylum). I've not done T25, but I suspect that it'll be more like Insanity condensed. I've got THe Master's Hammer and Chisel and it DEFINITELY uses the chin up bar. Which is a pain in the ass for me because I don't have the ability to set one up in my apartment....

3- YAY WRITING! I too set myself a goal to write daily. Not a word limit, just the 'write something, even if it's garbage'. And it's working, I'm actually getting back into my writing. Are you doing writing prompts or is it something specific you're working on? (Like a NaNoWriMo project)

2- It is totally Insanity condensed. In some ways, I like it more than p90x3, because I'm sweating more and I get sore. I'm not sure it's working my arms that much, though.

3- I'm actually analysing literature atm, which isn't my favorite, but it is definitely good practice! Making old prose seem interesting can be tough. After I'm done with that, I want to work on my (terrible) novel or perhaps start another short story in my insanely cliche future-Mars series that I HOPE to publish someday. I need a lot of work as a writer, but I super enjoy getting the ideas fleshed out and made into a sexy texty reality.

I LOVE the "even if it's garbage" goal because it sure helps get past the whole "I suck why am I doing this" hump (which is a dumb hump, because even if I DO suck, the only way to not suck is to keep trying). You got this!!

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

2- It is totally Insanity condensed. In some ways, I like it more than p90x3, because I'm sweating more and I get sore. I'm not sure it's working my arms that much, though.

3- I'm actually analysing literature atm, which isn't my favorite, but it is definitely good practice! Making old prose seem interesting can be tough. After I'm done with that, I want to work on my (terrible) novel or perhaps start another short story in my insanely cliche future-Mars series that I HOPE to publish someday. I need a lot of work as a writer, but I super enjoy getting the ideas fleshed out and made into a sexy texty reality.

I LOVE the "even if it's garbage" goal because it sure helps get past the whole "I suck why am I doing this" hump (which is a dumb hump, because even if I DO suck, the only way to not suck is to keep trying). You got this!!

2- I like the plank shoulder taps that Shawn does in Asylum for shoulder/arm work. It also doubles as core work. And yes to his dvds always making me a sweaty mess..... Haven't done P90X3, only P90X and I liked it well enough. I just like Shawn T more than Tony I guess...

3- I remember having to analys Chaucer's Canterberry and yeah, you have my sympathy. I like fun writing a lot more than I like project writing. If you ever need a writing buddy sounding board you can always ask me!

I have a file of 'vague story ideas' that are often one or two lines. Or even just a character idea I like. Sometimes I can cannibalize them later for other works, sometimes they odddly merge into something more tangible for me. It's nice to reference back to.

• Like 2

I do the same thing! I use Evernote and have a notebook that's just unfleshed out ideas and such. I FORGET to refer to it when going to write, a lot, which is something I need to stop not doing. 

I like both Shaun T & Tony, for completely different reasons. I way love Tony's upper body workouts in p90x3, like The Challenge, Eccentric Upper, & Incinerator. Shaun T does some good plank exercises, it's just a lot more lower body focus, at least it has been so far. And that's fine, I think Tony's lower body workouts are a bit wimpier than Shaun T's, and I care about my lower body too! I guess a prefabricated workout just can't be perfect, though, can it??

Do you write fiction? Preferred genre??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SEGUE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess I'll do my day's summary while I'm here, eh?

RcRIB0HsG5U5O.gif

Mission 1: NO BOOZE

Success, no real tempting yet. My coworker who is helping with a release tomorrow keeps forgetting my booze hiatus and saying "let's get wine and run this release properly" and I keep having to say "well, how's about I indulge with a nice order of cheese fries instead?" ... Still, I think the first real want-to-drink is going to happen Saturday. My plan is to bring bottled tea or something interesting that is not diet soda or water to keep my mouth occupied.

eaCwCP.gif

Mission 2: 6 workouts per week

Today was T25 Ab Intervals. My abbbbbsssss

giphy.gif

Mission 3: Bag work 3x per week

I can't find a video or app I like, so I freestyled today. 5 rounds of 3 min, with 1 min breaks. I liked freestyling, actually, and still managed to wear myself out. HOWEVER, I noticed the hook that is holding my bag up is MOVING when I kick, and that can't be good. I don't actually kick super hard b/c small & weak, so I blame the bag installer (my boyfriend). I'll see if he thinks we shouldn't use it, and if so, I'll replace bag work with MMX or something meanwhile.

tumblr_mqmzjiNMpF1r5dzczo1_500.gif

Mission 4: Write 4x per week

I'm probably not going to count formatting and citations, which is what I'll be working on this evening. I'm at 3x already, though, so this is no big.

Other notes: Really great food day! 2 eggs + feta + kale microwave omelet, orange, chicken & bean & corn salsa thing, a couple squares of ultra dark chocolate (was trying a new brand, it's meh), carrots & greek yogurt+onion mix dip. Dinner is chicken breast, broccoli, and cottage cheese. I ACTUALLY hit 107g protein \o/ (I average around 80g on most "good" days, which is PROBABLY sufficient for the level of work I'm doing, but more wouldn't hurt.)

I also did one of my initiation AMRAPs. Discovered I've been doing assisted pistols wrong this WHOLE TIME. :( Did 32 beginner shrimps before the quad started screaming bloody murder at me, it'll have to do.

My shoulders are tired! I want a nap! 

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

A little ramble while I procrastinate my references page:

Have I ever talked about how much I really LOVE my food? One of the biggest hurdles jumped (before I joined the forums here) was figuring out how to enjoy food that would nourish my body. I grew up on Cheez Its and sugary cereals, chocolate milk for breakfast, biscuits and gravy. When I first delved into changing what I ate, I was going from regular meals of (large quantities) of pizza, burritos, fried chicken, burgers, french fries on the regular, and I didn't realize what a palate shock switching to lighter flavored, healthy foods would be. Hint: a big shock

I don't think I ate a vegetable that wasn't a fried potato or a chili bean.

These days, I just don't want those things even 10% of the amount I wanted them back then, and the key has definitely been learning how I like fresh, good food prepared and then how to do that myself quickly and easily. SUCH a good investment, learning all that. Also, I spend a lot less on food, too.

Still, tomorrow is cheese fries for dinner mwahahaha

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Winning on the food and exercise front. Keep going strong, with the occasional cheese fries thrown in to keep it fun. I'll be curious to hear how your Saturday anti-booze strategy fares. Hopefully it's a winning formula.

Oh and shrimps...mmm hungry....

A little ramble while I procrastinate my references page:

Have I ever talked about how much I really LOVE my food? One of the biggest hurdles jumped (before I joined the forums here) was figuring out how to enjoy food that would nourish my body. I grew up on Cheez Its and sugary cereals, chocolate milk for breakfast, biscuits and gravy. When I first delved into changing what I ate, I was going from regular meals of (large quantities) of pizza, burritos, fried chicken, burgers, french fries on the regular, and I didn't realize what a palate shock switching to lighter flavored, healthy foods would be. Hint: a big shock

I don't think I ate a vegetable that wasn't a fried potato or a chili bean.

These days, I just don't want those things even 10% of the amount I wanted them back then, and the key has definitely been learning how I like fresh, good food prepared and then how to do that myself quickly and easily. SUCH a good investment, learning all that. Also, I spend a lot less on food, too.

Still, tomorrow is cheese fries for dinner mwahahaha

The many benefits of a good relationship with food. Even food that isn't so "healthy," in the strictest sense. Nice. 

• Like 1

I do the same thing! I use Evernote and have a notebook that's just unfleshed out ideas and such. I FORGET to refer to it when going to write, a lot, which is something I need to stop not doing. 

I like both Shaun T & Tony, for completely different reasons. I way love Tony's upper body workouts in p90x3, like The Challenge, Eccentric Upper, & Incinerator. Shaun T does some good plank exercises, it's just a lot more lower body focus, at least it has been so far. And that's fine, I think Tony's lower body workouts are a bit wimpier than Shaun T's, and I care about my lower body too! I guess a prefabricated workout just can't be perfect, though, can it??

Do you write fiction? Preferred genre??

I like Tony's P90X sessions, but man does that guy TALK. Shawn talks too but he tends to be moving while talking. LOL. I still like using both for various workouts. SOmetimes a hybrid is the best approach to get everything you want.

I do write fiction, I seem to have a preference for Fantasy, both High Fantasy and Urban. But I have also written romance, Sci Fi, Dark Fantasy and a couple of other muddled styles. I like to try and write things I've never tackled before so I can learn to write them well. Usually starts off really shitty and cliched and then as I get better at it I can go back and adjust to make it not suck LOL.

What are your writing preferences?

Also, what actually is a cheese fry? I'm picturing a poutine without the gravy, and with like.... velveeta cheese instead of cheese curds.

You're not far off! But, I prefer more quality, so I'll probably get something more like this:

XcAIfYr.jpg?1

Velveeta is for plebs.

(I kid, I use that stuff pretty religiously for this particular cheesy bean dip I make for parties sometimes. It goes so fast. So unhealthy, though.)

I tend to write fantasy/urban fantasy/sci fi myself, but my biggest failing is NOT WRITING AT ALL. I keep reminding myself that it doesn't matter if no one reads it but my mom, if it's never published in a meaningful way, the point is in improving and creating. I've TRIED to write romance but it ends up not happening. 

And yeah, Tony is a talker. And a BIG dad joker, which is amusing the first few times, but the 6th time I've heard about his sweat angel I'm rolling my eyes (I turn it way down after that and just listen to my own music instead, but I can still see his mouth moving, and I KNOW he's making that dumb joke again)

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

You're not far off! But, I prefer more quality, so I'll probably get something more like this:

XcAIfYr.jpg?1

Velveeta is for plebs.

(I kid, I use that stuff pretty religiously for this particular cheesy bean dip I make for parties sometimes. It goes so fast. So unhealthy, though.)

I tend to write fantasy/urban fantasy/sci fi myself, but my biggest failing is NOT WRITING AT ALL. I keep reminding myself that it doesn't matter if no one reads it but my mom, if it's never published in a meaningful way, the point is in improving and creating. I've TRIED to write romance but it ends up not happening. 

And yeah, Tony is a talker. And a BIG dad joker, which is amusing the first few times, but the 6th time I've heard about his sweat angel I'm rolling my eyes (I turn it way down after that and just listen to my own music instead, but I can still see his mouth moving, and I KNOW he's making that dumb joke again)

Fries- put chili on hte fries and then add the cheese and you have a heart attack of delicous glory

writing- if you want I'll read what you write so you have an audience that will pester in a friendly and supportive way lol

Tony- OH GOD YES THIS. It's like, please....please stop with the dad jokes. I like them but I will lose my skull if you keep them up!

• Like 1