Three is Company... Calanthia Cobbin visits the Druids!

Calanthia Cobbin

Hello ladies and gents! 

I am Calanthia Cobbin of Overhill, a hobbit of the Shire with a desire for adventure and travel! I am truly an Assassin at Heart, however right now my goals align more closely with the Druids, so I hope you all don't mind if I visit for a short time :) I've been naming my challenges off of chapters in Lord of the Rings, and this is my third challenge, which happens to also coincide with the third chapter of The Fellowship of the Ring, titled "Three is Company," hence the Topic title. 

*For those of you who don't like blocks of text, the tl;dr version of this post consists of the highlighted sections! :)

My (very generalized) main quest is to lose weight and become stronger over the next year or so, however I've realized through my previous two challenges that I'm not really in-touch with my body and my mind, resulting in a tendency to be very stressed and lazy. My husband's favorite phrase is "you're acting so depressed lately," but I think that is an insult to those who actually suffer from depression. However, he does have a point. I need to learn what my body needs and take care of it. So without further ado, I present: 

Calanthia Cobbin's Quest for Mindfulness!

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o6_r1_250.gif

Prepare for Battle: the first quest of this challenge is to prepare for daily battles! Or in its simplest form, stretching. Specifically, I will be following the NerdFitness cooldown/stretching routine at least 5x per week. Extra credit may be earned for stretching more than 5 times per week. This is a repeat quest from my most recent challenge because frankly, I failed at it. So, I'm giving myself a second chance! This quest is designed to help me to be more mindful of my body and how it feels/ how it can or cannot move, etc. as well as with my flexibility (and let me limber up to face the day), so successful completion will earn +3 DEX and 10 xp on my epic quest. 

tumblr_mlr7a1udxF1qfhux7o2_500.gif

Mind the Lembas: my second quest requires me to be mindful of the fuel that I am using to power my body. This is something that I struggle with as I tend to "inhale" my food and I also like to stare at the TV or my phone while I eat rather than focusing on what I'm eating. This causes me to be less full, end up eating more later... you get the idea. This quest involves three parts, all of which must be met for each meal 5x per week (weekends are free in case my husband wants to have a movie night :)

1. I must track everything I eat, even snacks and times where "I just had one." This will help me to maintain awareness of how much I REALLY eat during the day. 

2. I must not be looking at a screen while I am eating. I am allowed to read a book while eating, however it is recommended that I simply focus on what I am eating and how I am chewing. 

3. Between bites I must put down my utensils and/or empty my hands. This will allow me to slow down and listen to my body when I get full, which is one of the biggest issues I have right now when it comes to food. 

Successful completion of this quest may give up to +3 CON and 10 xp towards my epic quest. 

giphy-222.gif

Strength of a Different Kind: For this third quest I am of course referring to strength of mind. I often find myself lacking the will power to do much of anything these days, and I think that has something to do with the mental beating I took throughout college, which I finished last May and never truly recovered from. Therefore, throughout this challenge I will meditate for at least 5 minutes each day, 5 days per week. When I was in college I would sometimes sit on the floor and just listen to my own heartbeat and breathing as a sort of mental break. At the time I had no idea that I was basically meditating. It helped me tremendously when my brain felt fried and I hope that bringing back that habit will grant me the mental strength to go about my day in a productive manner. Because I feel that honing my mental strength leads to wisdom, successful completion of this quest will grant +3 WIS and 10 xp. 

tumblr_miqxbufJEU1s2b2mgo2_500.gif

Resting in the Heart of Lothlorien: Another potential cause of my constant moodiness and lack of will power is that my emotional strength has waned as well. I'm currently in the process of taking care of my husband while he is going through medical school, which means that I essentially run the house. This often leaves me stressed, frustrated, and emotionally running on empty because I'm not what you would call your typical "housewife." I am also a huge homebody, and can go for literal DAYS without stepping foot outside except to stick my dog on his leash to do his business. Therefore, my challenge to myself is to spend at least 75 minutes per week outside in nature (15 minutes per day, 5x per week). The time it takes me to walk between my car and various buildings or going out to check the mail doesn't count. These 15 minutes must be spent in a relatively restful state. This can include going for a walk, reading on my porch, going to the park, or even just sitting and thinking. I just need to be outside, get some sunlight, and take some time to renew my mind and my emotions each day. Completion of this quest will give me up to 10 xp and +3 STA, as it will hopefully give me the ability to carry on with my daily tasks. 

I plan to post on here almost every day since I need to post my food journal here for accountability, though since life gets busy I'm expecting a few "info dump" days. Good luck to those of you that are also doing challenges, I'll be around checking out what everyone else is doing shortly :)

May your roads go ever on and on!

~Cal

• Like 2

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

I really like the idea of being mindful both of and during your meals.   It seems that this would be an excellent way to break the habit to 'graze' out of boredom.  Watching and cheering for you along your quest.

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

Hi Mrs_Cobb!

I am very interested in your challenge. It has some points I worked through some time ago and others I am trying to work on now, so I will follow you with great interest. Me too I am an assassin at heart. And love LOTR themed challenges :)

Wish you the best for the challenge!

I really like the idea of being mindful both of and during your meals.   It seems that this would be an excellent way to break the habit to 'graze' out of boredom.  Watching and cheering for you along your quest.

Thanks! Grazing from boredom is one of my BIGGEST struggles! Especially when the husband comes home with chips and dip... I find myself hiding in the kitchen snacking! Hopefully tracking my food publicly on my challenge will give me some accountability and help me think twice about what I'm eating!

Hi Mrs_Cobb!

I am very interested in your challenge. It has some points I worked through some time ago and others I am trying to work on now, so I will follow you with great interest. Me too I am an assassin at heart. And love LOTR themed challenges :)

Wish you the best for the challenge!

I'm pretty sure my LIFE is LOTR themed! and yay go Assassins-at-heart! :) 

• Like 2

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

^^ Here for this. :D Moody hobbit solidarity.

Love love love the food goals and the LOTR theme [emoji2]Following along!

Sent from de Selby's sausage shaped earth

Thanks! And Yay for moody hobbits and LOTR!

Good luck with your challenge! I used to do a lot of strength training and balance yoga last year. I could pm you a link to the YouTube channel I used to use if you're interested.

Level 6 Druid

My Journey:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Battle Log Photo Album Character Twitter

Carry the sun inside you, and reach out for the dreams that guide you. You have everything you need to take you where you want to go. -Douglas Pagels

Good luck with your challenge! I used to do a lot of strength training and balance yoga last year. I could pm you a link to the YouTube channel I used to use if you're interested.

Sounds great! Thanks a bunch :) 

Welcome to the Druids!

I love the no eating in front of screens thing.

Guess I should do that, too. Uhhhmm Next Time ;)

Have fun here!

I noticed that I eat a lot while gaming or working so I'm attempting to cut back on both! Thanks :) 

Alrighty my dear fellows!

Day 1 is in the bag and I think I'm already off to a much better start than I was last challenge! Today's post will probably be long, but I promise they will get shorter as I go :)

*p.s. I'm attempting pretty colors on my phone which means writing in code... So if it doesn't come out right then I solemnly swear that I will fix it on my computer... Later!*

Day 1:

Prepare for Battle! - Got up this morning and (after laying around for a while) I got my act together and did my stretching routine! I could tell that I am not NEARLY as flexible as I used to be and my muscles were extremely tight. I often find myself with pretty bad back and neck pain, so I'm curious to see how daily stretching will help to alleviate that!

Mind the Lembas - Surprised at how well I did today!

Breakfast: 3/4 cup of coffee (forgot about it before I could finish it) and a leftover glazed doughnut from a party... Forgot about my no screens rule temporarily for breakfast and didn't set down the doughnut between bites... Probably because it was a freaking doughnut lol

Snack: glass of water and vitamins

Lunch: chicken wrap with cabbage and lettuce and other yummies! Then had another glass of water. Made sure to chew slowly and didn't look at any screens, just spent some time reading a chapter from Steve's book! A meal that I normally would have INHALED and barely tasted took me ten minutes to eat and I was completely satisfied until dinner! Speaking of...

Dinner: went out to an Italian restaurant with friends so my choices weren't exactly my best... Had two garlic balls, a side salad, and half of my chicken fettuccine along with two glasses of water. I made a point of putting down my fork between bites and really focusing on the conversation going on around me, though I kept catching myself looking at the tv above one of my friends when I was chewing my food... So that's a subconscious habit that I will have to be aware of in the future.

Snack: went home with some other friends and celebrated their finished medical school exams by watching the bachelor and drinking hard root beer... Which was delicious btw ;)

Strength of a different kind - After finishing my stretches in the morning I got my meditation done. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't know HOW to meditate... So I looked up a Google post and did my best from there. I found a comfy spot on the floor leaning up against my couch, closed my eyes, and simply sat in silence for 5 minutes. I tried to focus my mind on my breathing, though my husband had headphones in and was singing rather loudly in the next room, so that was a bit distracting. Also, I noticed that my breathing is kind of ragged, and I have to actively engage my diaphragm when breathing in or else I just end up with very quick and shallow breaths. Not sure if this is from never slowing down or my health status or anxiety, but I will aim to fix this over time.

Resting in the Heart of Lothlorien - so this one was a little bit tricky today because it was pouring rain outside, so I had to be a little bit creative with my outside time. Instead of spending 15 minutes straight outside I went out with my dog for a few minutes at a time whenever the rain took a break and just took some deep breaths while the sun peeked through the clouds. It was very refreshing, especially since the rest of the day was pretty gloomy.

So overall the day was pretty successful and I would give myself ALMOST 100% except for breakfast this morning when I completely FORGOT ABOUT MY CHALLENGE GOALS... I'll work on that... But now that I had a successful day I'm all excited for this adventure! Let's hope I can keep up the momentum!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

My two cents on breathing when meditating.

I differenciate 2 circumstances: I want to work on breathing or I want to do actual meditation. When I want to work on breathing, I work on slowing it and breathing deep. I slowly count to 4, retain for 2, count to 4 while I exhale. I try to reduce my breathing to 1 to 3 cycles per minute. But when I meditate, I do not change it. I think meditation is kind of an observation exercise, so I'll observe my breathing. It doesn't matter if it is shallow, I accept it without changing it. This was very hard at the beginning, because when I meditated I used to have a very shallow and sometimes even painful breathing. I used to finish my practice crying. I talked to the guy whose meditations I follow and told me this was happening because a lot of anxiety had built over time, and that I had to be patient and change nothing, only feel, though it would be hard. That period passed, and now in fact when I find myself starting to meditate with a shallow breathing, the process of meditation is what changes it and I finish my meditations with a very deep breathing. But it was a process I had to follow until I arrived to that place.

About the tv on the restaurant: eyes are made to follow movement, to be aware of what changes in your surroundings (chasing and menaces and all that stuff), so it is perfectly normal that when being in a closed room your eyes keep going back to the "always changing thingy".

Great start for your adventure!

• Like 2

Strength of a different kind - After finishing my stretches in the morning I got my meditation done. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't know HOW to meditate... So I looked up a Google post and did my best from there. I found a comfy spot on the floor leaning up against my couch, closed my eyes, and simply sat in silence for 5 minutes. I tried to focus my mind on my breathing, though my husband had headphones in and was singing rather loudly in the next room, so that was a bit distracting. Also, I noticed that my breathing is kind of ragged, and I have to actively engage my diaphragm when breathing in or else I just end up with very quick and shallow breaths. Not sure if this is from never slowing down or my health status or anxiety, but I will aim to fix this over time.

I enjoy the type of meditation they teach at prenatal yoga classes. You take a deep breath through your nose, hold it a bit, and let it go through a nice slow breath out of your mouth. After you get that down, they recommend focusing on something. It's usually something like daydreaming about what life is going to be like with baby. I'm sure you could change that into something like imagining the person you want to be at the end of the challenge or something like that.

Level 6 Druid

My Journey:

Carry the sun inside you, and reach out for the dreams that guide you. You have everything you need to take you where you want to go. -Douglas Pagels

My two cents on breathing when meditating.

I differenciate 2 circumstances: I want to work on breathing or I want to do actual meditation. When I want to work on breathing, I work on slowing it and breathing deep. I slowly count to 4, retain for 2, count to 4 while I exhale. I try to reduce my breathing to 1 to 3 cycles per minute. But when I meditate, I do not change it. I think meditation is kind of an observation exercise, so I'll observe my breathing. It doesn't matter if it is shallow, I accept it without changing it. This was very hard at the beginning, because when I meditated I used to have a very shallow and sometimes even painful breathing. I used to finish my practice crying. I talked to the guy whose meditations I follow and told me this was happening because a lot of anxiety had built over time, and that I had to be patient and change nothing, only feel, though it would be hard. That period passed, and now in fact when I find myself starting to meditate with a shallow breathing, the process of meditation is what changes it and I finish my meditations with a very deep breathing. But it was a process I had to follow until I arrived to that place.

About the tv on the restaurant: eyes are made to follow movement, to be aware of what changes in your surroundings (chasing and menaces and all that stuff), so it is perfectly normal that when being in a closed room your eyes keep going back to the "always changing thingy".

Great start for your adventure!

I enjoy the type of meditation they teach at prenatal yoga classes. You take a deep breath through your nose, hold it a bit, and let it go through a nice slow breath out of your mouth. After you get that down, they recommend focusing on something. It's usually something like daydreaming about what life is going to be like with baby. I'm sure you could change that into something like imagining the person you want to be at the end of the challenge or something like that.

Thank you both for your tips! I went ahead and started doing a guided meditation through the free trial on headspace, and it has helped so far because he has been walking me through both periods of breathing deeply and holding and letting go and also periods of just focusing on my environment and my body!

Also I just wanted to do a quick check-in to say that I am still here!

I'm about to go to bed so I'll do a more in depth post tomorrow, but I've been doing my meditation and stretches pretty much first thing in the morning and being creative with my outside time due to periodic thunder storms :)

I have also been logging my food in my phone so that I can still get those points even if I don't get to post them that day! I'll post details tomorrow sometime :)

Goodnight my lovelies!

• Like 4

I'm still here! The hardest part of every challenge for me is posting on a regular basis, which I still need to work on.

So, I have tried three times to post a well-constructed response in which I went over how I've been doing on each of my goals, but it deleted it each time and it's been an hour... so I'm going to give a quick run-down of my goals and just be done with it :)

Prepare for Battle!: I've been pretty consistent with this, but did have some failures when I went with my husband to drill last weekend. I intend to do some stretching this weekend to make up for it, and hopefully this time I will stay on track.

Mind the Lembas: This is my best goal so far! The added benefit of being able to do partial credit has helped quite a bit. I often catch myself eating way too fast without putting down my fork between bites, but eating without a screen and logging it in my phone has proven to be pretty simple :) I attempted to post my food log for the past several days in a spoiler previously, but it didn't agree with my post and deleted everything :) so just know that I'm keeping track separately on my phone, but that from now on I should be posting semi-regularly with my food log for accountability.

Strength of a Different Kind: I did very well on this goal for the first few days of the challenge, but everything went downhill when I went to Nashville for my husband's drill. I was pretty lazy that weekend and didn't do much of anything, which continued throughout this past week. I'm going to continue working on this goal this weekend and start off next week strong!

Resting in the Heart of Lothlorien: I have been doing pretty well on this goal, though it snowed quite a bit the past few days and when that happens I tend to retreat into a cocoon of warm blankets and puppy fur. Neither I nor my puppy wanted to spend much time outside when it was snowing, so I've missed a few days of outside time. Next week I will probably spend extra time outside on the nice days just in case there are days with bad weather that come later.

So... yeah this next week I am going to come in guns - or arrows - blazing!!!

ddbed650018c769260419e70ce863c48.gif

• Like 3

Alrighty friends!!! Food log for yesterday (Saturday) coming right up!

Also, a note about my current Nutrition level... I'm still hanging out around level 1 or level 2. I drink a lot more water and a lot less sugary drinks than I used to, but I still have way too much coffee, soda, and moonshine. I also know that I need to cut out processed foods, but that is still a work in progress as I eat way too much fast food and pasta... BUT I have started transitioning to having more veggies and more natural ingredients in my food. I don't cook anything that comes out of a box if I can help it, unless you count pasta noodles or the occasional ramen. IF anything that I am currently eating acts as a trigger for you, then I apologize in advance, and let me know so I can put my food log in spoilers if you wish. Thanks!

Yesterday was a particularly unhealthy-eating day, because of extenuating circumstances with Deadpool and Valentine's day... so here it goes!

Breakfast: None

Lunch: 1/2 of a Turkey melt with Broccoli cheddar soup, and a white chocolate cherry coffee from the mom and pop coffee shop down in "the gap" :)

Snack: a couple of dark chocolate and sea salt caramel Ghirardelli's that my hubby gave me for Valentine's day :)

Dinner: None

Snack: Popcorn and cherry coke at the Dead pool movie!

I did a good job of putting down my food between bites at lunch and didn't look at any screens, but obviously at the movie I was watching a screen intently while chowing down on popcorn... so I get partial credit for yesterday :)

• Like 1

ALSO I just realized that I have about 14 miles left on my Walk to Rivendell... and 13 days left of the challenge!!! I will be in Rivendell by the next challenge and will be incorporating a walking goal so that I can reach a certain mileage and/or location on my walk by March 25th (end of next challenge)

• Like 2

Wonderful to see updates from you!  I believe personally that a good movie date with your spouse is an acceptable reason to not stress diet too much.  It's all about balance. :)

• Like 2

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

Alrighty friends!!! Food log for yesterday (Saturday) coming right up!

Also, a note about my current Nutrition level... I'm still hanging out around level 1 or level 2. I drink a lot more water and a lot less sugary drinks than I used to, but I still have way too much coffee, soda, and moonshine. I also know that I need to cut out processed foods, but that is still a work in progress as I eat way too much fast food and pasta... BUT I have started transitioning to having more veggies and more natural ingredients in my food. I don't cook anything that comes out of a box if I can help it, unless you count pasta noodles or the occasional ramen. IF anything that I am currently eating acts as a trigger for you, then I apologize in advance, and let me know so I can put my food log in spoilers if you wish. Thanks!

Yesterday was a particularly unhealthy-eating day, because of extenuating circumstances with Deadpool and Valentine's day... so here it goes!

Breakfast: None

Lunch: 1/2 of a Turkey melt with Broccoli cheddar soup, and a white chocolate cherry coffee from the mom and pop coffee shop down in "the gap" :)

Snack: a couple of dark chocolate and sea salt caramel Ghirardelli's that my hubby gave me for Valentine's day :)

Dinner: None

Snack: Popcorn and cherry coke at the Dead pool movie!

I did a good job of putting down my food between bites at lunch and didn't look at any screens, but obviously at the movie I was watching a screen intently while chowing down on popcorn... so I get partial credit for yesterday :)

I made some not-so healthy food choices over the weekend too, like splitting a sea salt caramel Ghirardelli chocolate bar before going to see Deadpool.

Also, I suddenly have a desire to go brew a pot of coffee... 

Level 6 Druid

My Journey:

Food Log!​

Monday:​

​ - Breakfast- Coffee

- Lunch - Leftover BLT Salad​ and water, and then I noticed that the salad was going to go bad... so I ate the rest of it!

- Dinner- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchilada! plus a little of the extra stuffing that didn't make it into a tortilla ;) and a beer

Tuesday: (So far)

- Breakfast - none

- Lunch - One leftover enchilada and a bunch of water

- Dinner *tentative* - The husband and I are thinking of going out to cracker barrel since we stayed in for Valentine's day... but it's going to snow later so who knows if that is going to happen... I'll let ya know :)

• Like 1

I'm at that point in my challenge when I look at my goals and just start

25aa89ddff3c8de23deff5b13feda68e.gif

I know that I'm falling behind on several of my goals and I'm quickly losing motivation to meditate and stretch in the morning. It's been cold outside so ONCE AGAIN I'm becoming a hermit. I need to get my rear in gear!!! I went outside for about 45 minutes on Sunday which is helping me stay on track, but I haven't really sat outside since because of snow...

Soooooo this is a motivational video that has helped me in the past, and I hope will help me today:

40 Inspirational Speeches in 2 Minutes

Also continuing my food log from yesterday, for dinner we went to Haymaker's BBQ, where I had pulled pork, fried okra, and sweet potato fries drenched in extra spicy sauce :tongue: yummy!

I had some coffee for breakfast this morning and then a ham sandwich for lunch, followed by popcorn for a snack (I was watching a movie with my dog) and then Goulash for dinner :)

Doing pretty well with my food goals of no screens and putting down the fork between bites, although I continue to catch myself inhaling my food at first before I have to remind myself to slow down. Maybe posting a reminder on my fridge somewhere will help me remember. It has been FAR too long since I meditated or stretched, and I haven't been outside since it snowed.

Something needs to change!

​

pvCnUGc.gif​

• Like 3

Bad wheather makes it difficult to want to go out. But you can. Well, I don't know how much snow are we talking about here :) but I am sure you can do something about it. I used to refuse to go outside when: rainy, too cold, too hot, windy, cloudy... The solution for me was to think how could I make it more pleasant to go out when wheather is bad: over the months I bought clothes that would help. Now I have a pair of boots that can be used with snow and that won't let water get into my feet, and I've also bought caps that cover my forehead and ears so I won't have a headache or an earache when it is windy, and so on. If anyway the experience of being outside has been unpleasant, I go straight to the shower and recover under lukewarm water.

If you find hard to keep on with your goals, find ways to make them easier. And don't despair, you're already better than 2 weeks ago!

• Like 1

Bad wheather makes it difficult to want to go out. But you can. Well, I don't know how much snow are we talking about here :) but I am sure you can do something about it. I used to refuse to go outside when: rainy, too cold, too hot, windy, cloudy... The solution for me was to think how could I make it more pleasant to go out when wheather is bad: over the months I bought clothes that would help. Now I have a pair of boots that can be used with snow and that won't let water get into my feet, and I've also bought caps that cover my forehead and ears so I won't have a headache or an earache when it is windy, and so on. If anyway the experience of being outside has been unpleasant, I go straight to the shower and recover under lukewarm water.

If you find hard to keep on with your goals, find ways to make them easier. And don't despair, you're already better than 2 weeks ago!

Very true! and thanks for the advice. I realized that one of the things about snow that makes me hate going outside so much is honestly my lack of good snow boots! I have a pair that are more for fashion than utility... so water leaks in them :( I need a good sturdy pair! Especially since we usually get 3-5 inches at a time.

So with my goals... the past few days have been much nicer! I took my dog on a walk the past two days (with lots of poking and prodding from the hubby... go him!) and then I let him out to play with the neighbor's dog as well, which added up to almost all of my outside time this week! As long as the weather is nice I'll try to keep adding up time and maybe make up for my hermit days earlier this week. I still have not been able to force myself to meditate and stretch this week... which is a big bummer because my back and neck hurt so bad! so I asked my husband for help and he finally agreed that we can do stretches and meditation before bed to help him sleep, since he tends to wake up in the middle of the night. win-win for both of us!

And with that, here's my food log!

Feb 18:

Breakfast - coffee, as usual :P

Lunch - Leftover Enchilada with avocado and cilantro ;)

Dinner - I made a creamy chicken and mushroom soup! super delicious and full of veggies and protein :)

Snack - some M&Ms, veggies w/ ranch dip, and a handful of my husband's cheez-it snack mix

Feb 19:

Breakfast - coffee, again! I need to drink water in the mornings...

Lunch - Went out to Hardee's with the hubby and had the steakhouse burger. Not the healthiest option, but I almost got the MONSTER thickburger with double bacon and cheddar and decided not to... so I'm calling this a mini-win

Dinner - Leftover Goulash, milk, and a handful of M&M's (couldn't resist, feel no shame)

So overall, I'd call this a pretty successful day today! (when considering that I convinced my husband to do stuff with me after 3 weeks of asking :) )

P.S. This will be me this weekend :)

tumblr_nxdui8HVdk1u84fnpo8_500.gif

• Like 1

(when considering that I convinced my husband to do stuff with me after 3 weeks of asking :) )

That is a great success!! :D

For the boots, I got something like this: 

zoom_33b90d95235b43198a574b9ec4167f6a.jp

After buying them, I went home, put them on, and openend the water tap in the patio over them. Nothing happened to my feet.

I also have a raincoat and waterproof pants. I always get them at workwear stores, because they are much cheaper (5-6 euros) than the fancy ones (15-30-50 or more) and durable.

• Like 1