☆☆☆ Challenge 4 ☆☆☆

☆ Main Story, Goal 1: get back to pre-wedding weight

(Goal 2: Pass avg fitness test

Goal 3: 25% or less body fat

Goal 4: gain post apocalyptic survivalist fitness level

Goal 5: ???)

Quest 1: workout 3x a week!

(09/12 +3STR, 07/12 +2STR, 05/12 +1STR)

I am finally ready to do full workouts. Steve's beginner body weight workout is my focus. Of course there are options, but I enjoyed the body weight exercises from last challenge so much I wanted to make it a focus.

Quest 2: primal 80/20 + 100g carbs max weekly avg + 1600cals max weekly avg!

(23/26 4/4 +3CON/+1CHA, 20/26 3/4 +2CON/+1CHA, 17/26 2/4 +1CON)

Kind of busted on the carb goal the last half of the challenge so keeping it around til it sinks in. I also took a look at my cals from last challenge and got a general idea of where to start with decreasing it a tiny bit at a time to get me use to cutting back and watching cals. Weekly averages are nice cause it covers social events and times when I just want to share a drink with my friends.

Quest 3: Weening off dairy, 14oz max weekly!

(4/4 +3CHA, 3/4 +2CHA, 2/4 +1CHA)

So some potentially gross facts: my skin sucks. Like big time. My goal is to throw out the dairy to see if it makes any difference. Plus I discovered my all time trigger food for binge eating: icecream. Oops. But I have to ween off because to go 100% free suddenly made my brain panic and eat ALL the dairy... so baby steps.

Bonus: drink more freaking water! .5oz per lb minimum!

By the way I am SUPER dehydrated like all the time and did I mention my skin sucks?

☆☆☆ My motivation ☆☆☆

1. I want to be a good example for my sisters and future children
2. To optimally manage my mental health
3. I want a healthy relationship with food
4. I want to be more comfortable in my skin
5. To be able to better participate in walks, hikes, and other outdoorsy things I once enjoyed
6. To be able to be pregnant safely and have the energy to play with my child (disclaimer: I have jacked up ankles and very literally weak core muscles that don't even activate properly when exercised, so if I got pregnant while being in my current physical condition I likely could render myself immobile)
7. I want to be able to protect myself
8. To better my chances at having a long and healthy life with my loved ones
9. My husband
10. Myself

• Like 5

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

I am here for the awesome.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Bodyweight buddies!!

I love your goal sequence. :) 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I am here for the awesome.

:D link me your challenge please! Always love having you around to 1. Motivate me and 2. Occasionally whip out a delightful naughty joke. ♡

Following along once again.

One day I'll be a tank like you~ -dreams- link me please ♡ 

10.9%
4.4%

Bodyweight buddies!!

I love your goal sequence. :)

Yes!! Link me your challenge so I can snoop and see whatcha doin' :P

Haha, thank you. I thought I would get more specific with my main story ultimate fitness goals. I want to be able to do the things Tess and Joel do in the Last of Us or what my wanderer from Fallout does. 

Err, the physical stuff. Not necessarily the jumping off of the tallest building I can find in my power armour... Or you know, shanking zombies.

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

My challenge is in my signature, linked with the starting date.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Following along once again.

My challenge is in my signature, linked with the starting date.

Yeah I saw that once I went to my current challenge and looked at your posts. :P

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

I started adding in bodyweight this time around also! Let me know if you want any ideas or advice for lower carb stuff, I feel like kind of a pro after 8 months of super low carb XD My best friend IRL has super sensitive skin, I know cutting back on dairy has helped her quite a bit. Her skin freaks out at the slightest provocation, heh. She's on a super simple diet now because she was also diagnosed with celiac disease. 

• Like 1

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

I started adding in bodyweight this time around also! Let me know if you want any ideas or advice for lower carb stuff, I feel like kind of a pro after 8 months of super low carb XD My best friend IRL has super sensitive skin, I know cutting back on dairy has helped her quite a bit. Her skin freaks out at the slightest provocation, heh. She's on a super simple diet now because she was also diagnosed with celiac disease.

Celiac sucks! My mum and I have it. You do keto, right? I have to ween myself off carbs and have trouble with certain foods triggering binging episodes. I've never maintained a 100g or less carb diet but slowly I am getting better. I love advice, recipes, all of it. :D so please share your genius with me!

• Like 3

10.9%
4.4%

Yep, dairy sucks here too.  It doesn't take much before I break out and I'm too old for that crap!!! 

You really have done great the last few challenges and I love the improvements you have made.  Keep it up Doll!

My fingers are crossed for luck that once i'm dairy free my skin will improve. I made ghee yesterday and have started minimizing the dairy in my fridge. Condiments seem to be my demon. Lol.

Thank you Terra, that actually really means a lot to me. Last challenge had me in mixed emotions so I needed the encouragement. ♡

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

Celiac sucks! My mum and I have it. You do keto, right? I have to ween myself off carbs and have trouble with certain foods triggering binging episodes. I've never maintained a 100g or less carb diet but slowly I am getting better. I love advice, recipes, all of it. :D so please share your genius with me!

I'll help you out when I have recipes that don't use dairy! Unfortunately, I picked keto specifically cause it was a diet that let me do dairy, so might not be able to do that as often as I hope :( One of my favorite things to do is buy kelp noodles off of amazon and use them in soups or the like. They aren't like regular noodles, kind of crunchy, but I like them way better than shirataki noodles, personally. I don't know if you are able to tolerate them, but I live by zero call sweeteners like Swerve or pure Erythritol when I really need something sweet. My favorite site for recipes is ruled.me. But, he leans heavily on dairy. I found this list of blogs maybe where you could start? My biggest thing was deciding what carbs I really enjoy, like fresh baked bread or a good beer once in a while, and sticking to it well the rest of the time so I can enjoy the carbs I really am fond of, and not just used to eating because they are easy.

Here's my thread!

• Like 1

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

Definitely up for more info for food relating to celiacs, my Bec is Celiac. Along with lactose, soy, and hot spices (curries, chillies, cause bloating and gas), tomatoes are not much fun either.

• Like 2

Needs moar metals!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I'll help you out when I have recipes that don't use dairy! Unfortunately, I picked keto specifically cause it was a diet that let me do dairy, so might not be able to do that as often as I hope :( One of my favorite things to do is buy kelp noodles off of amazon and use them in soups or the like. They aren't like regular noodles, kind of crunchy, but I like them way better than shirataki noodles, personally. I don't know if you are able to tolerate them, but I live by zero call sweeteners like Swerve or pure Erythritol when I really need something sweet. My favorite site for recipes is ruled.me. But, he leans heavily on dairy. I found this list of blogs maybe where you could start? My biggest thing was deciding what carbs I really enjoy, like fresh baked bread or a good beer once in a while, and sticking to it well the rest of the time so I can enjoy the carbs I really am fond of, and not just used to eating because they are easy.

Here's my thread!

I prefer kelp noodles too. I do pretty well with carbs because I never cared for breads and cake like things in general. I prefer savory to sweet except for my ice cream curse.

@u@

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

Definitely up for more info for food relating to celiacs, my Bec is Celiac. Along with lactose, soy, and hot spices (curries, chillies, cause bloating and gas), tomatoes are not much fun either.

Hmmm tomatoes as well as spices? Sounds like a sensitivity to nightshades. Does eggplant bother her too?

She sounds like my gran who's digestive tract is damaged. How does she feel about fermented food like saurkraut or kimchi? If those are too strong, greek yoghurt and kefer have awesome probiotics, which are fantastic for digestive health.

How does she handle beans (including soy & peanuts?)

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

Not sure about sauerkraut. No one eats eggplant in the family, we all hate the taste. Greek yoghurt is out (dairy), can't do soy, peanuts are questionable, and she can not handle the texture of other beans (like kidney beans).

• Like 1

Thom - sounds like you eat paleo in your house!  

Doll taking baby steps with the food works.  I typically save my carbs for potatoes, fruit or dark chocolate.  My daily goal is below 100g (50g if I can do it, but that is HARD to maintain)  Have you done any paleo blogger/recipe searching?  There are a ton of them out there...  

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: FULL CUP

Pretty damn close Terra, though we do use gluten free pastas, rice, potatoes, sweetcorn (cobless for Bec), and dairy (lactose free for Bec and Jenna, regular skim for the rest of us).

With six billy lids including a vegetarian going paleo would be expensive. I just aim for nutrient dense as much as possible.

• Like 2