• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Curl Brogo

Bendy Brogo Benches Bodyweight Brilliantly Bro! ... Part 2

Definitely.

First time around I did Stronglifts. Rows are fun, but wished I spent more time working on chins and pullups. And that's why I'm doing SS this time instead.

I spent some time to go back and reread Rip's chapter on programming. He recommends adding those in once the deadlift starts getting too challenging to do every workout. So those will get added sometime next month.

It sucks I lost mah gainz. But, I'm excited to get back to basics and rebuild, and fix some of my previous mistakes.

I expect to see you competing in the next comp

• Like 2

Update:

Goal 1, Bench: At least I made it to the gym twice this week. That's progress.

Goal 2, BBitBB: No meal prep last week so I ate like shit all week. Got this week's done though. 4 lbs of ground turkey, a pound of pasta, two jars of sauce, a bunch of veggies. Split over four days and throw in some whey and shit, I'll be cruisin' at 2500 cals/day.

Goal 3, Bendy: ...

LUYL, Blog: ...

• Like 2

Made it to the gym today:

FitNotes Workout - Tuesday 23rd February 2016

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 10 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 115.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 135.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 135.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 135.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 135.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 135.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 18 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 2 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Deadlift **

- 185.0 lbs x 5 reps

Felt good. Good sweat. Good work. No crocodiles.

• Like 3

If i maintain LP, a body weight bench press is six months away at my current weight. Four if I drop 50 pounds during the process.

These are both unlikely scenarios.

I'll bet, I get there in six months and drop 20-30 pounds.

If i maintain LP, a body weight bench press is six months away at my current weight. Four if I drop 50 pounds during the process.

These are both unlikely scenarios.

I'll bet, I get there in six months and drop 20-30 pounds.

You are planning 5 pounds per session LP until you stall?

I assume you have a real bench and a really cool makeshift squat rack.

Deadlifts - Did you measure your plates?  I think you are pulling from a little bit of a deficit.

You are planning 5 pounds per session LP until you stall?

I assume you have a real bench and a really cool makeshift squat rack.

Deadlifts - Did you measure your plates?  I think you are pulling from a little bit of a deficit.

Yup. Also, realized after I posted that, that my 5x5 work weight is not my 1 RM... So maybe a bit sooner.

I joined Anytime Fitness when they had sales for New Year's Resolutioners.

• Like 2

The Rangers are being too nice to me, so I came over here to give you a hard time. But your lifts look good so I won't troll too hard.

I'm not even going to make fun of you joining Planet Anytime Fitness, since I know you live in a hut in the wilderness somewhere and don't have access to a proper temple of iron -

keep up the good work

ffs, I can't even troll properly! 

• Like 2

so I won't troll too hard.

I'm not even going to make fun of you joining Planet Anytime Fitness, since I know you live in a hut in the wilderness somewhere and don't have access to a proper temple of iron -

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!  Nice troll post!

[placeholder for portion size rant]

I was getting my lunch, err lunch plus what i eat during breaks. A big bag of pasta meat and veggies (will post photo later and exact macros later), and Mr. I-had-baiatric-surgery-so-I'm-an-expert-on-portions-and-nutrition (step dad) decides to make baseless judgments about the nutritional content about this food based on it's size, which shows he possesses the spatial reasoning skills of a six year old, and criticize my diet choices, then continue further with misinformation and irrational arguments about why I'm right even after his own ignorance had been laid bare.

• Like 2

FitNotes Workout - Friday 26th February 2016

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 10 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 0 rep

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 145.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 10 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Deadlift **

- 195.0 lbs x 5 reps

** One-Arm Standing Dumbbell Press **

- 25.0 lbs x 10 reps

- 25.0 lbs x 10 reps

- 25.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Hanging Knee Raise **

- 10 reps

- 8 reps

More details in my battle log.

• Like 2

I was getting my lunch, err lunch plus what i eat during breaks. A big bag of pasta meat and veggies (will post photo later and exact macros later), and Mr. I-had-baiatric-surgery-so-I'm-an-expert-on-portions-and-nutrition (step dad) decides to make baseless judgments about the nutritional content about this food based on it's size, which shows he possesses the spatial reasoning skills of a six year old, and criticize my diet choices, then continue further with misinformation and irrational arguments about why I'm right even after his own ignorance had been laid bare.

He just wanted you to share some with him.

• Like 1

He just wanted you to share some with him.

I'm sure that's at least half of it.

20160223_171707_zpszkz0womt.jpg

I eat that in three sittings: a few bites in the car before work, on my first break, then my lunch.

Calories: 1392

Protein: 113 g  (32%)

Carbs: 128 g (36%)

Fat: 50 g (32%)

And it works out almost perfectly if you're on the zone diet.

• Like 3

Challenge Wrap Up:

Goal 1 Bench: I only logged 5 workouts, but I've increased in workout frequency having gone twice in each of the last two weeks. In addition, I decided to go back to simple 5x5 training and based on the last two workouts I'm doing what I should be. I left the gym the last two times feeling worked, but energized. Not tired, not overly sore, not abused. Just good.

So that's progress. C

Goal 2, Breakfast Burritos in the Blue Buick. I batch cooked 3 out of 4 weeks... so We'll call it a C.

Goal 3, Bendy: I failed again to initiate a yoga routine, but it's not like I never stretched. F

LUYL: Blog: I did in fact write a significant portion of my intro blog post, not finished but there's at least an incomplete draft to work with. C

Overall: C

And I'm optimistic that I'm really gonna hit my stride in this next challenge.

• Like 4

On 2/24/2016 at 4:17 PM, Curl Brogo said:

When I was doing paleo Keto my boyfriend got so bad about what I was eating that for a while we couldn't eat meals together or I'd wind up wanting to choke him. I've learned not to argue and just eat more bacon in front of those people, as salaciously as possible.

edited to add: dammit, this is your old challenge. These new forums...(shakes fist at computer)

• Like 2