Girl-Meet-World goes back to basics

Girl-Meet-World

This month isn't going to have a theme. Mainly because I'm too lazy, but also because I realised that I only used the theme once - in the starting post, so its kind of irrevelant. Maybe next month when I have a bit more energy and enthusiasm. And also because I did make an entire themed page (On DA:Origins, with all the characters and quotes and it was so gorgeous) which deleted itself. And I'm not going to make it again.

tumblr_mrqs4eA7XN1r2zyogo1_500.gif

Move

Slightly different from last challenge, but in a way that I feel will benefit me. This time, its going to be any type of movement, strength or cardio etc, as long as it lasts over 20 minutes, of solid continuous exercise. There. No way for my to wiggle out of this room. It could be dance, or walking, or doing the Hero's Journey, as long as it is some kind of movement.

Rule : Do a workout 20+ times : STR +3

The : Do a workout 15+ times : STR +2

World : Do a workout 10+ times : STR +1

Stretch

This one didn't go so well last challenge, so here's to improving it! I'm going to stretch every day, once when I get out of bed, and once before I get into bed. Both are going to be the short routines I discovered on Darebee.

Rule : To do my stretching routine 23+ times : DEX +3

The : To do my stretching routine 17+ times : DEX +2

World : To do my stretching routine 10+ times : DEX +1

Revise

Becoming more important with the looming threat of exams and the pain of the failed mocks. I'm going to get my head down and study more this month, and build a healthy helpful routine that will only encourage that.

Rule : Revise 23+ times : WIS +3

The : Revise 17+ times : WIS +2

World : Revise 10+ times : WIS +1

Reflect

This one is to calm my mind, and to bring me closer to God, and strengthen our relationship. Every day on the way to school on the bus, I'm going to read some of the Daily Bread, and reflect on it, and then do the same again when I return home. Hopefully this will mean I get less frustrated on the bus journeys, and actually do something productive with the amount of time I spend on them.

Rule : Reflect 23+ times : CHA +3

The : Reflect 17+ times : CHA +2

World : Reflect 10+ times : CHA +1

• Like 3

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest

Following along! I like the way you set up your challenges to have different levels of success. For myself, I think I still have kind of a pass/fail mentality. And I've yet to consider the whole XP and attribute points thing. Think I might model after you at some point  :semi-twins: .

Oh and I've some youtube videos on testing pelvic posture from a friend if you're interested...

Werewolf Druid | Lvl 2

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Character Sheet (work in progress)

My Current Challenge

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

It's time to toss the dice.

Following along! I like the way you set up your challenges to have different levels of success. For myself, I think I still have kind of a pass/fail mentality. And I've yet to consider the whole XP and attribute points thing.

Thanks! I know that I can beat myself up really badly if I do that pass/fail thing, but if I'm not careful, I will try and make plenty of wiggle room for myself. So clear boundaries does it for me. As for the attribute points, that was just a thing that they dropped (which I'm kinda sad about) but it's sort of fun to see how those numbers go up, and is also really helpful for me to get a 'balanced' sort of Challenge, instead of just all Strength or all Wisdom, but I'm progressing over all as well.

Oh and I've some youtube videos on testing pelvic posture from a friend if you're interested...

Yep! I've actually noticed a lot more about my body and the way that I move etc from what you've told me, which is really interesting. 

Thanks for inspiring me to just get the thread up.

Your welcome! I knew that I would have to get it up immediatly, or I would just loose all momentum. :P

• Like 1

Panda  

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

I'm going to end up following a similar pattern as last time- though unoriginal it still worked. Today was kind of a bummer for starting off the new challenge, by getting food poisoning by drinking half a pint of gone-off milk in the morning. I thought it was the raw bananas in the smoothie, but nope. Not a good way to start. /sigh

tumblr_mfcm9qBoYN1qj73e2o1_250.gif

Move

None today. Tomorrow is going to be alright as I'm going out for a walk with a friend, so that will motivate me, but afterwards, I need a plan. I noticed that my problem today was an unwillingness to change into my exercise clothes to then go and exercise, and I wasn't about to do it in my day clothes or my pjs. So, I think for Wednesday, what I'm going to have to do is change as soon as I get home, and that'll get me off my butt and moving.

Stretch

I do a lot of twisting randomly throughout the day, but no concentrated effort to stretch, so it therefore doesn't count. To get around this, its just going to have to happen when I exercise (either before or after), and that's whats going to happen.

Revise

Yep! One of my lessons was canceled today, so I spent the entire hour doing maths revision - which sucked and hurt my head, but I ended up all the better for it. Though I'm going to have to do some more on circles and roots, before going back and rewriting my totally messy notes from the beginning of the year so I actually have something to revise from. Maths paper tomorrow, and an RS essay, so that's going to be fun!

Reflect

I don't know how well just doing a devotional is. In the morning I'm too tired to try to think about it, and on the way home its also often too noisy to concentrate. However, even if I move when I do the devotional, I still want to do something productive with my time on the bus, as I realise how much of a waste it actually is. Tbh, I think I want my devotionals to be detailed enough that I'm taking notes and actively praying, which I can't do on a bus. That means I have to do it at home, which is when I am less likely. Perhaps reading the relevant sections on the bus, and then going over them again when I get home?

Panda  

Yep! I've actually noticed a lot more about my body and the way that I move etc from what you've told me, which is really interesting. 

Well I hope it's helpful to you!

Drop Test

Internal Rotation Test

HALT Test

Werewolf Druid | Lvl 2

My Current Challenge

These days are full of ups and downs, and I'm just so tired of everything atm. Decent day at school, then it gets more stressful at home when I face the piles of homework, and that just causes me to reject it and procrastinate, causing it to pile up even further. My revise challenge is supposed to be combating that, but I need to do it as soon as I get it (which I know is old knowledge), so I'm going to try and work and that and resist the urge to scream at life.

tumblr_mrrbf2XGjb1rzadffo1_500.gif

Move

Got home and then left soon after to do a 3k walk with a family friend. I was walking well, even up the steeper slopes, which I'm quite proud of. I've noticed that my speed (time to complete a mile) is decreasing, which is always positive affirmation. 

Stretch

Got home and stretched off the pain, which felt good, and then had a nice long shower.

Revise

So stressed about the stats test that I have to give in first period tomorrow which I haven't yet done and I feel terrible about it, but what can you do. Something to improve on in the future.

Reflect

Didn't happen today, I just couldn't concentrate on the bus. I want this to become a priority in my life, but I'm struggling with everything else. Perhaps, for next challenge, I could do duolingo on the bus, and do the reflection time elsewhere. But I need to figure the second part out now, as I'm struggling with it. Perhaps when I get home, instead of checking my phone first. We shall see tomorrow.

• Like 1

Panda  

These days are full of ups and downs, and I'm just so tired of everything atm. Decent day at school, then it gets more stressful at home when I face the piles of homework, and that just causes me to reject it and procrastinate, causing it to pile up even further. My revise challenge is supposed to be combating that, but I need to do it as soon as I get it (which I know is old knowledge), so I'm going to try and work and that and resist the urge to scream at life.

I feel you on this. And viewing it as stressful makes the aversion stronger. For myself, the attitude I'm trying to adopt is "this will help me be the best me at what I'm going to do."

Werewolf Druid | Lvl 2

My Current Challenge

This is so very true at the moment. Kudos to you for recognizing something needs to change. 

I am also a creature of procrastination in the face of stress. I heavily relied on the pomodoro technique (also called chunking in education lingo.. Which makes it sound so gross) in grad school and still use it often. Might be worth trying.

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi