Sweet Pea becoming #BetterThanBefore

Sweet Pea

Checking in for my first challenge in a very long time! Last time I participated they were doing 6 week challenges! I have a tendency to overdo these so I think I will like the 4 week time frame better. 

I am currently working on the following Epic Quests: complete 10 full push ups, travel to far off locations to hike, complete a half marathon in October 2016. I am also hoping to dress in costume for comic con in March, and to help me feel confident, I am doing the 6 week get fit quick plan from the NF Academy. Since I have not had any trouble so far completing the circuit workouts, in fact I really really enjoy them, I am not including them as part of this 4 week challenge. I'm keeping this challenge focused on the things that I feel I need more help with. 

Fitness Quest:

• Increase morning walks to at least 30 minutes each time and increase frequency to 6 days/week (right now I am managing 5 days/week, between 15-45 minutes but mostly 15-25)

Diet Quests:

• NO fast food. Period.
  • Only have one dessert/sweet per week.

Life Quest:

• Study world geography for 15 minutes per day. (I am working towards taking more exciting vacations to places I can explore and hike, and I feel that this will help me make decisions about where to visit.)

• Like 2

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

"ONE CHOICE CAN TRANSFORM YOU"

My Epic Quest: http://www.nerdfitness.com/character/25378

Phew! It's been a bit of a rough start for me this challenge, but that's nothing new!

I missed my morning walk both Monday and today, so I will not make the 6 days this week. The one I did so far though was 30 minutes, so at least I don't think I'll have any issues managing that rather than only 15. The main reason I miss walks sometimes in the morning is if I sleep too late (aka hit the snooze button too many times). Funnily enough, I've consistently found that if I go to bed earlier than usual, I have a harder time waking up in the morning and am more tired the next day. I think I must be used to my usual amount of sleep, even if it is slightly less than recommended. (6 1/2 hours usually)

No fast food so far, doing good on that one. I have overdone my dessert/sweets this week, although not by too much. I had hot chocolate on Monday, 3 cookies yesterday after dinner (homemade by my niece, how could I resist!?), and a small york peppermint patty today. So, nothing too crazy, but still consistently having "just a little" which I'm trying to do less of. Will try to finish the week strong!

My life challenge is going ok so far, I've studied a world geography textbook today and Monday, but missed yesterday. 

All in all, a good challenge so far. Today was really stressful (both work and personal stuff) and I felt like skipping my workout and curling up on the couch with some ice cream or brownies, but I didn't! After my workout I said to my boyfriend "Well I really wish I hadn't done that workout...said me never!" 

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

Major respect for resisting the urge to skip a workout in favour of ice cream or brownies! I know first hand that that can be one of the hardest struggles to overcome. A lot of things are as much a mental game as it is physical, sometimes even more so but overcoming those mental obstacles is really empowering! I'm glad you enjoyed the workout once you'd done it :)

• Like 1

Finally checking in! Here's my progress report:

Fitness Quest:

• Increase morning walks to at least 30 minutes each time and increase frequency to 6 days/week (right now I am managing 5 days/week, between 15-45 minutes but mostly 15-25)
  • Week One: 3 days of 30+ minutes = really failed on this one! So far this week I have not missed a day though. :)

Diet Quests:

• NO fast food. Period. <--done!
  • Only have one dessert/sweet per week.  <--such a fail! I think I snuck a treat every day last week except Friday! Working harder at it this week. 

Life Quest:

• Study world geography for 15 minutes per day. (I am working towards taking more exciting vacations to places I can explore and hike, and I feel that this will help me make decisions about where to visit.)  <---Epic fail! This only happened twice last week. 

Okay, so not stellar! But after feeling discouraged a little bit, I reminded myself that even if I don't hit my goals every week of the challenge, I think the point is to reach those goals by the end, right? I hope so!

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

The point to to get healthy, stronger and or faster. The goals are a medium to get you to healthy. You are doing great, and good job sticking with the challenge. Why not modify the sweets goal a little. How about instead of no more than one sweet per week, make the goal to substitute fruit for sweets?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath