Hogwarts Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Rurik Harrgath

#1 Transfiguration: Figure out shoulder injury-get better. Go to the doctors and set up steps to rehab and fix what's broken.

Lesson one has been complete. I went to the doc's yesterday and got the ball rolling on some recovery. I'll have to get an MRI eventually if things don't progress with the healing and ROM, but I'm gonna go back to the doctors to have him run the hot laser over the muscles again sometime next week. And, while I'm at it, see if we can get some pre-hab stuff for my low back and wrist. He has an article on his website that talks about the effects of sitting and how they help people who work at jobs where sitting is the main thing that is done. I don't want to have to worry about my low back every again if I can help it! Either or, lesson one is done!

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Character Name:  crash 

Race (if not human): just a dude, possibly a werewolf

Hogwarts House or School of Origin: took the test, honestly didn't expect this

KZumodDt.gif

Wand description: Elm w/ Phoenix feather core (according to the online quiz)

Patronus: wolf, duh.

1. History of Magic: daily spanish duolingo, and finish beginner's romanian lessons (only 3 left)

2. Herbology: already a vegetarian, but do weekdays' meal prep. first? black bean soup. mmm.

3. Transfiguration:  100 push-ups daily

4. Defense Against The Dark Arts:  30 minutes of yoga daily

here we go

SvBmhBw.gif

• Like 2

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

The story of Theseus, enough said.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Character: Rebecca Tanklepuff

House: Gryffindor

Wand: Oak with a mermaids scale core

Patronus: Otter

1: Charms - Reorganise something in the house to make it A) more usable B) less in the way C) more pleasant on the eye

2: Herbology - Mega meal prep

3: Transfiguration - Do a yoga session to stretch out those kinks

4: History of magic - Research some cool place to visit on my upcoming adventure holiday

So far this week I have I have cleared out a shelf of my storage cupboard and arranged the bed linen in there so that I can now access everything easier. Cleared another shelf and filled with my fishing gear and taken a bunch of crap out to the shed. Charms has been Rangered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD which may explain a lot

• Like 2

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Week 1 =  Charms: Work on organizing our weekly menu better

I've been researching paleo crockpot meals because it is just something we need when we spend three hours at the BJJ gym two nights a week!!!  Everyone comes home tired and hangry!  It is hard when my kids don't eat anything spicy, one wont eat chicken and everyone is just down right picky.  Did I mention that I'm the only one who eats paleo i our house???  So they want their pasta and bread, which is fine.  I'm just trying to find meals that everyone will eat and satisfy everyone's requirements...  

• Like 6

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Winter is Coming

Many cool things here!

Has anyone noticed that there seem to be a huge number of werewolves lurking around the guild??

Character Name: Half-Blood Princess

I thought that was pretty clever :-)

I worked hard last challenge to improve my push ups and have graduated to knee ones so I want to put even more energy in it because I freaking love them!

Potions: too bad my wine making doesn't count. So nothing but water this lesson instead.

I love what you said about pushups. So rangerly!

Why in the heck wouldn't wine making count?

• Like 6

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Many cool things here!

Has anyone noticed that there seem to be a huge number of werewolves lurking around the guild??

Why in the heck wouldn't wine making count?

Lots of werewolves because we are badasses. [emoji41]

Wine doesn't count because it is not mead.

• Like 5

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Week 1 mini complete! Thank you!! I've needed to sort out the stuff in the corner for a million years now.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Week 1 =  Charms: Work on organizing our weekly menu better

I've been researching paleo crockpot meals because it is just something we need when we spend three hours at the BJJ gym two nights a week!!!  Everyone comes home tired and hangry!  It is hard when my kids don't eat anything spicy, one wont eat chicken and everyone is just down right picky.  Did I mention that I'm the only one who eats paleo i our house???  So they want their pasta and bread, which is fine.  I'm just trying to find meals that everyone will eat and satisfy everyone's requirements...  

Have you tried spaghetti squash?  As long as you have a really awesome yummy sauce they may not realize you are giving them veggie "noodles."  my youngest like the "spagsqua" because it looks like angel hair pasta.  but definitely the sauce is the key.  All three also like the bison chili from the Primal Blueprint cookbook.

when it comes to meals I usually prepare the protein and a fruit/veggie side.  if they want something grainy, they have to prepare it themselves.  like tonight - i made a paleo meatloaf and served it with sliced apples and carrots.  One twin skipped my side altogether but made his own side of mashed potatoes.  The other twin ate the sides but put his slice of meatloaf into a sandwich and loads of ketchup!  in the morning I'll make eggs and bacon for those that want it but for those that don't they have to get their own breakfast (usually it's cereal and milk) but most of the time they are lazy and just end up eating what I've made (16 and 12 years old).  When my boys were younger I served the meat/veggies first and then mid-way through the meal served something grainy so they usually had eaten some of the good stuff first.  but as they got older I taught them how to cook the things they like to eat that I don't cook anymore.  They can make waffles and pancakes and all sorts of stuff that I don't make them anymore. and that's how I slip the paleo in, I take advantage of them being lazy :)

• Like 4

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Charms: I've actually gotten a lot of house work done over the last few weeks of being unemployed. However, the kitchen often gets the least amount of needed intention. So, this will actually be a two-in-one!

Aqua Eructo! Wipe down all common surfaces in the kitchen, do vinegar-rinse mop for floors. 

Depulso! Continue with cleaning out all expired medicines. Remove expired condiments also.

Scourgify! Wipe out the fridge, shelf by shelf.

Step 1 Done!

• Like 3

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

1. Charms: Reflects your ability to manipulate the world around you, so consider efforts of Domestic Rangering, organization, or home chores.   
    • Get my room CLEAN and organized!

Mostly done...   getting completely organized might take the rest of the challenge though LOL

harry-potter-hermione-hp7-quotes-Favim.c

• Like 4

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

i'm not really sure when the week ends because the challenge is only 26 days.  So I'm making this my short week (5 days) and then the other three weeks will last 7 days.   Anyway that means week one of my Hogwarts mini challenge is over!

1.  History of Magic:  15-30 minute daily spanish study (even on class days, outside of class time).

spanish-genius.gif?w=630

• Like 4

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

THE CHARACTER SHEET

Character Name:  Amandolin

Race (if not human): Human

Hogwarts House or School of Origin:  Gryffindor

Wand description:  Cypress with Unicorn Hair

Patronus:  Horse

1-Charms: Organize & Declutter a Room

2-Herbology: Try atleast 1 new recipe & include veggies in every meal

3-Potions: Drink Only Water

4-History of Magic: Finally Finish the Once and Future King

• Like 2

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

Better late than never!

Character Name:  Dion Norton

Hogwarts House or School of Origin: Hufflepuff (On exchange from Australia)

Wand description:  Black wattle with dropbear sinew core

Patronus: Large dog

Animagus: Wolf

(3) Herbology: Work in the garden, prepare and plant a new bed.

(2) Defense Against The Dark Arts: Finally starting Krav Maga!

(1) Charms: Clean up the kitchen entirely and vacuum all rooms

(4) Transfiguration: Work on claiming a gym membership on insurance (wherever I'm up to with paperwork at that stage)

• Like 7

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

I spent yesterday in Diagon Alley and on the Forbidden Journey with Harry Potter in Universal Studios. And what do I find now that my vacation is nearing an end? This amazing mini challenge. Awesome. I am surprised and pleased to have sorted into Gryffindor. Guess I'm braver than I thought :)

Charms: Organize my new work workstation. I can no longer remote into a box at the office, and a PC with two new monitors have been sent home for me to use. I need to make room for this new gear in an unobtrusive way. A corner of my bedroom used to be my home office. Need to re-think and re-plan the space.

Herbology: Research and build a seed starting rig. I am a big fan of Margaret Roach, and have been meaning to follow her advice about starting seeds indoors for years. This challenge is the perfect push!

Potions: Set up a better tea station in my kitchen so it's easier to grab a cup of herbal tea instead of reaching for more coffee in the afternoon.

Defense Against The Dark Arts: self talk myself out of dark moments on vacation. Keep the Serenity Prayer close at hand.

• Like 7

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Try it from my timezone Katrin. I am generally a day in front of everyone here on NF. Although that said, Rurik does what he can to get it up early.

• Like 2

• Defense Against The Dark Arts:  Complete at least 2 Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels (to further research wereanimals of various types) (#1)

Book 2 finished this afternoon. On to book 3 of the week (book 17 of 2016). It's a shorter one, so I will likely finish it by tomorrow night . 

12669458_10153385045623231_3525524016774

It's a dangerous job....

• Like 6

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Where are you located (love my 'strayans)?

In rural New South Wales, a place called Tarcutta west of Canberra and east of Wagga Wagga.

• Like 1