Looloos Stops Being So Damn Lazy

looloos

I've done a few challenges on here now and I mostly end up failing due to the simple fact that I'm really, really lazy. I just can't help it, it's so easy to sit down and never get up again. 

giphy.gif

But it stops here.

So the goals will probably stay mostly the same but this time I'll actually find the time to complete them rather than putting stuff off then suddenly realising the challenge is over already and I've done nothing!

1) Exercise

At least once a week outside of karate. To account for my unbelievable laziness, karate counts as a workout for me but I need to workout outside of this too.

2) Karate

Just keep making general improvements. I'm worst at self defence and sparring so maybe focus in on this.

3) Sugar

Keep up the no sugar, and work harder at not snacking in the evening. I may have dropped it a couple of times last challenge, evenings are so loooong without sugar :'(

4) Music

I'm going to try for 10 minutes each evening as recommended by Thrillho last time round. I totally failed at this last time and the guitar is still gathering dust but I'm confident I'll make time for it this time round.

I'm ready this time and will absolutely remember that these goals come before video games.

tumblr_n1xkrbHjCf1sxan4ho1_500.gif

• Like 4

Forest Pixie - Level 3 Monk

STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 8 | CHA 1

Current Challenge | 32 | 1

You can do this! Don't forget to come back here if you need a motivational recharge. We'll gif you or spam inspiring images or something. :D

Here's Bruce Lee for you. This seems in line with your goals for this month!

bruce-lee-quotes-8.jpg.pagespeed.ce.V2G0

• Like 2

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |

I'm kind of doing the same thing, in terms of trying to make changes that are so small that not making them is silly. I don't know that I'm doing them for quite the same reasons as you, but I do sympathize nevertheless. Good luck with all this!

Do you have a specific form of exercise that you're looking to do outside of karate?

I'm kind of doing the same thing, in terms of trying to make changes that are so small that not making them is silly. I don't know that I'm doing them for quite the same reasons as you, but I do sympathize nevertheless. Good luck with all this!

Do you have a specific form of exercise that you're looking to do outside of karate?

I've been trying to some of the beginner bodyweight stuff that's on here. I always feel better for having done it so it's just pushing myself to get started in the first place.

• Like 2

Peeking in.

tumblr_m56tyy7s6F1qht847.gif

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

So, do you have a cunning plan wrt your bodyweight exercises?  Which day (s) are you going to do them?

No I think this is where I keep going wrong. I just think oh I'll do them whenever I'm free, then I get home from work and 'don't feel like it' with the attitude that it can wait till tomorrow. The thing with other stuff is, I'll be letting people down if I don't do it. With this I'm only letting myself down and I don't matter as much as other people. Maybe it'd help to work out with other people?

I'm going away for the week tomorrow next week too, so my excuse then will be 'oh I'm on holiday so it's fine'. I know this in advance so I'm going to try and avoid this by taking workout clothes with me.

• Like 3

Ha ha - ah yes the trap of "when I have time"..........

I find I have to really plan when and what - then tell some people, then exercise actually happens.... 

My club training sessions are easier - I'm expected to be there, so I'm there, but my at home training - definitely needs putting in a diary.

NF challenges: March 2018 , 12 , 11 , 10, 9876, 54321

Working out with other people really can help. I share rides to Kung Fu with a friend who lives locally. Now both of us feel like we're letting the other one down if we can't make it. It really helps to keep us accountable!

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |

Aaah sorry guys, I went to Paris for a week and thought (for some reason) that I'd have more internet time.

It's all been good. Didn't take the guitar on holiday with me so I'll work super hard on that one this week. Fitness is looking up though, I walked up the Eiffel Tower and apparently they don't have lifts in France, so no lazy shortcuts for me.

I hardly snacked at all last week, awesome considering I had the 'I'm on holiday' excuse.

Can't say I've been to a lot of karate though. Class before I went away got cancelled and then I was ... away.

Back on it this week though, overall I think I did kind of ok last week.

• Like 2

Glad you're back! It sounds like you had a blast. Looking forward to more updates. :)

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%