Silmarilliane's Thirteenth Challenge

Hi there, loving this new four week challenge thing. Here's my challenge for this time - if you're in anyway interested in my previous nerdfitnessness, please see my previous challenges in my sig kthxbai.

Joggings

Again, as last time, every morning Monday-Friday I have to do a 10+ minute jog. I put 10+ as I'm hoping to increase the 0.8 miles to one whole mile!

Points: 1 per day, 2 bonus points for all five completed (max 7 per week)

Dumbbells and Barbell (oh yes!)

I have to do at least three workouts a week, and yes you read that right, today I bought me a barbell!

Points: 1 per successful day, 2 bonus for doing three times a week and an extra point if I get any more in (max 6 per week)

Eatings

Mfp calories set to 1850 per day (this is set to active and somewhere between lose 0.5 and 1lb per week), I won't be logging additional exercise.

Points: 3 per day under cals, 2 for being under 1900 and 1 for being under 2000. Any day I splurge will be -5 points. (max 21 per week)

Scoring:
<80 FAIL
81-90 Grade D
91-100 Grade C
101-110 Grade B
111-120 Grade A
>120 - EPIC WIN

Level 16 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18 (current)

Nice balance of goals between road work, lifting, and nutrition!

I used MyFitnessPal in the past, and found it helped tremendously to avoid mindless eating. 

Are you following a particular weight lifting plan?

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Nice balance of goals between road work, lifting, and nutrition!

I used MyFitnessPal in the past, and found it helped tremendously to avoid mindless eating.

Are you following a particular weight lifting plan?

Yes, unfortunately if I don't log I eat everything... and usually if I go slightly over I then think screw it and go way over!

My lifting is generally pick up heavy things repeatedly!

I tend to do three exercises and do 3x10 sets of those, those being from bicep curls, military press, bench press, dumbell rows and deadlifts. I don't follow any routine with them, bicep curl is usually standard and the rest whichever I feel like on the day :S

Suggestions welcome!

Level 16 Rogue Ranger

This separate points for calorie counting is really working. Ok, so it's a bit of a bitca* as it means I can't splurge, but that means it's working :)

I've already started planning my next challenge. That's normal, right?

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjuJwNEjhV0

Level 16 Rogue Ranger

So I think my point scoring was ok except the final scores. I got toward the end of the third week and realised the only way I could get above a 'D' was to get full points in everything else, which would have meant not enjoying a work leaving do. And so that led to Friday, yesterday and today being days of utter binge food-wise.

HOWEVER, because I'm not going to be that down on myself and mark it as the EPIC FAIL the point scoring would have given, I'm going to award myself a C- and level up because of the following:

- I did all the jogs every morning

- I managed to fit in dumbbells three times a week despite being stupidly busy

- the early days I went over calories I didn't stupidly over-binge (just these last three days...)

I'll put a new challenge up but more just to keep myself in check rather than for a specific goal. Also super sorry I haven't been as supportive of my fellow doodlies as I should have been. I joined in the group challenge for the cronuts and hopefully got them some points, but I could have been there for them more chat-wise.

Until tomorrow on the new boards.

Toodle pipski x

Level 16 Rogue Ranger