Elastigirl Explores Volcano Island

Elastigirl

In the past year, Elastigirl and Mr Incredible have destroyed 4 Omnidroids, saved the city  from certain destruction 5  times, captured  4 villains, all while still maintaining their normal jobs. They have earned a rest, and have decided to take a vacation. Are you wondering what superheroes do for vacation? They go exploring for treasure! Several years ago, the Incredibles had found a treasure map, but had been to busy saving the world to follow it.For now, the world seems safe from Omnidroids, so the Incredible couple are going treasure hunting. The map leads them to an exotic volcanic island. While searching for treasure, they will have to be careful to avoid the lava flow. But, hey, they are super heroes, so a little lava won't stop them from their quest.

This challenge my husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary by going to Hawaii. Part of our trip will be hiking at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. This is part of my Epic Quest, and we have been saving money for this, and am super excited about it. Beside the Volcano National park, I hope to also get some time in hiking, geocaching, snorkeling, reading, eating, drinking, and generally having a good time. Since I'm gone for half the challenge, I'm separating it into two parts, one for when I'm home, the other for while I'm away.

Part 1 :Treasure Hunting

Being a super hero I will boldly explore the island in search of treasure, and like any good explorer does, will document my findings 

Goal 1: Treasure: Unlock some of my adventure quests from my Epic Quest : ideas include kayaking, snorkeling, paddle-boarding

Goal 2: Be Bold:

Superheroes and treasure hunters are bold. Do something on the trip that takes me out of my comfort zone.

Goal 3: Journal

Take pictures and share them here

Part 2:Adventure preparing

Whether she needs to take care of her family, save the world, or search for buried treasure, a superhero needs to be strong.  While at home, I will

Goal : 1 Log food on Myfitnesspal (note this may not happen the day I return, but soon after)

Goal   2: Continue Focused Flexibility and kettlebell workouts ( not putting how many days here, giving some leeway for getting back into the swing of it after the trip)

• Like 10

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

Yay!  You're sticking around in the Rangers!  I really can't wait to hear all about your Hawaii trip!  It sounds like you're going to have an amazing time with all of the hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, and exploring.  :)

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

We went to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary (December 2014) and had such a great time.  Volcano National Park is super cool.  My friend went there just before we did and she took some amazing pictures and made some good recommendations of off-beat places to visit (including Hobbit House B&B off south coast).  Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 27

current challenge

I'm so looking forward to hearing about you trip!! It sounds like you've got some fantastic things lined up to try out. One thing I will say is, snorkeling is pretty awesome. I've never done it anywhere tropical (I technically did it in the sub-arctic), and I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did, but even though I hardly saw anything (it was supposed to be belugas, long story...), it was still a great experience and highlight of my trip. I hope I get to do it again some time (next time with 100% more whales).

I knew you'd stick around. Glad to have you again.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yay!  You're sticking around in the Rangers!  I really can't wait to hear all about your Hawaii trip!  It sounds like you're going to have an amazing time with all of the hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, and exploring.   :)

Thanks, feeling very at home among the Rangers.

Following along because you're awesome! And because I can't wait to hear about your Hawaii adventures!

Thanks!

Following in anticipation of MAJOR jealousy.  Sounds awesome!!!  Can't wait to see what you do to get outside your comfort zone.   :)

Hopefully you won't be having a snowstorm while I'm talking about sipping Pina Coladas on the beach :D

We went to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary (December 2014) and had such a great time.  Volcano National Park is super cool.  My friend went there just before we did and she took some amazing pictures and made some good recommendations of off-beat places to visit (including Hobbit House B&B off south coast).  Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

I looked at the link, and now I'm even more excited. One of the places she went to,Rainbow Falls, was on my maybe list, and after the pictures I moved it to a for sure

As a park ranger, I heartily approve this mission. I haven't been to Hawaii Volcanoes, so I will look forward to some awesome pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd forgotten you were a park ranger. Where are you located now? 

I'm so looking forward to hearing about you trip!! It sounds like you've got some fantastic things lined up to try out. One thing I will say is, snorkeling is pretty awesome. I've never done it anywhere tropical (I technically did it in the sub-arctic), and I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did, but even though I hardly saw anything (it was supposed to be belugas, long story...), it was still a great experience and highlight of my trip. I hope I get to do it again some time (next time with 100% more whales).

That sounds fun , and cold, even if you didn't see Belugas. 

THIS!

With your tenacity I doubt you'll struggle to find courage to do something outside of your comfort zone. Waiting in anticipation to see what happened, and how Hawaii treated The Incredibles. :loyal:

Thanks. Not that hard to find something out of my comfort zone, as I am very hobbit like, and many things are out of my comfort zone. Vacation and travel seems like a good time to test myself a bit

HAWAII PHOTOS FOR ME!

I mean... awesome challenge, as usual Elastigirl.   ;)  Also, we are all totally excited about your continued kettlebell and flexibility domination.  They're just so old hat by now.   :D

Thanks!!

I knew you'd stick around. Glad to have you again.

Rangers are a great group of barbarian vikings, and have made me feel very welcome in their mead hall,and I am glad to be here again.

• Like 6

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

First day of the new challenge!! Woohoo! All the hype!

I got up at 7:30 today (last month's challenge, that I'm still working to make a habit) But then wasted too much time on the computer.

Did my workout though. This month for my Focused Flexibility, I am working on the same shoulder stretches, but instead of the long sitting stretches, I am doing neck position. Which is working on stretching your neck. Chose this one because on the assessment, I noticed I have poor neck mobility. And these stretches are supposed to help with the reach behind your back that I am working on. 

I tracked my food, and kept it at maintenance. After being in deficit, maintenance feels like I get to eat ALL the food. I love maintenance eating. Also went on a walk, and then did some errands, so my fitbit says 11,000 steps!

The pictures are for my neck mobility. Not bothering to take pictures of the shoulder reach since I just did those for the end of the challenge.

WP 20160201 18 45 41 Pro

WP 20160201 18 45 35 Pro

2/1/16

Mobility warm up

Halo/prying squat/ bridges

Swing drill

35# 10 x 10 swings 7:42

TGu 30/35/35/30/35

Focused flexibility; combined shoulder and neck positions

• Like 6

I'm at Arches National Park in eastern Utah.

43f3151a3eea9f8f48417fcdb556facd.jpg

That looks beautiful

• Like 1

So that's where you work!! Very cool!

In other news.. Definitely subbing for all the EG treasure hunting adventures! I know you're gonna have a blast and take awesome pics :)

You guys definitely deserve this vacation, and we as a community and on behalf of the City and the World, thank you for your superhero services and for keeping us safe. We certainly appreciate your families efforts to maintain peace.

Take a load off and have a good vacation! Be extra daring!

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Thanks. Not that hard to find something out of my comfort zone, as I am very hobbit like, and many things are out of my comfort zone. Vacation and travel seems like a good time to test myself a bit

Thanks!!

That's kind of shocking to me.  Your challenges have always been full of really neat hiking pictures, geocaching adventures, and a lot of other great outdoorsy stuff.  I assumed you were actually one of the more adventurous people on NF.  :)

I'm jealous!  I remember visiting Arches as a kid, and it was so beautiful.  Hiking around there all of the time sounds amazing. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

So that's where you work!! Very cool!

In other news.. Definitely subbing for all the EG treasure hunting adventures! I know you're gonna have a blast and take awesome pics :)

You guys definitely deserve this vacation, and we as a community and on behalf of the City and the World, thank you for your superhero services and for keeping us safe. We certainly appreciate your families efforts to maintain peace.

Take a load off and have a good vacation! Be extra daring!

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

Thanks, hoping that Omnidroid doesn't invade Metropolis while we're away ;)

These are great challenges and inspires me to find challenges outside the more common diet, exercise challenges. Thanks for inspiration.

Glad they inspire you. Diet and exercise challenges are great goals, but it is fun to mix things up a bit sometimes too.

That's kind of shocking to me.  Your challenges have always been full of really neat hiking pictures, geocaching adventures, and a lot of other great outdoorsy stuff.  I assumed you were actually one of the more adventurous people on NF.   :)

I'm jealous!  I remember visiting Arches as a kid, and it was so beautiful.  Hiking around there all of the time sounds amazing. 

Thanks, Kind of funny how I look at myself vs how others see me. You have a point that I hadn't considered, we do go hiking and geocaching and have fun adventures. I don't give myself cred it for that, I compare it to Steve Kamb's going cave diving in Peru, and geocaching  an hour from our house seems rather tame :redface-new:

Hey! I'm waving back from Moab. Can you see me through all the snow? [emoji2]

Once it is done snowing, we need more pictures of you hiking in your park.

• Like 2

Once it is done snowing, we need more pictures of you hiking in your park.

I really want to revive my poses in unusual places, so I'm sure I'll get some near me. [emoji3]

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."