Asuka goes on an adventure!

Asuka

Hello everyone! As my last challenge was pretty positive, I want to continue on this good trend! 

For the next few months, I will be following a new guide, who will be my inspiration. Every month, depending on the situation or the obligations of work, health, etc. I will design a month-long challenge, who will be integral part of this longer time challenge. I don't exactly know how long it will last - maybe until the end of the year? Or until I am happy with the results.

But without further ado, please all welcome our guide! Ryeowook!

superthumb.png

This is Ryeowook. Ryeowook is a Boy (I get the question often). He used to be 90+ kg when he was young, and then he decided he wanted to become a superstar in the body-conscious country of Korea, and he's now... less than 60kg! (He's also adorable, but that's a different story ^_^.)

Ryeowook went through a serious change in his diet and his activity level, but my understanding is that he lost the weight little by little, without surgery and he's been 60kg for several years - no yoyo for Wookie! He subsequently joined the group Super Junior and he became a superstar! He actually just released his first solo mini-album!

This is why he is my inspiration.

MONTH 1 - Maintaining diet and exercise on the go!

Travelling is often required for idols - and crazy schedules require a bit of creativity and flexibility to maintain good habits. This month, since I will be travelling for 3 out of 4 weeks, I'll focus on building habits outside of my house and keeping good habits.

I am currently building out my goals and will post more about them later.

Stay tuned!

Super-Junior-Ryeowook-kim-ki-bum_1440064

Welcome to our challenge! We will do great!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

I will be covering every aspect of life in this challenge - one goal in each category.

Health: sleep at least 7 hours a day.

Fitness: Be active every day, and practice BBWW at least twice a week

Diet: Only 2 snacks per day and twice a week replace a meal with a protein shake; It is also Lent during this challenge - need to take that into consideration

Emotions: Meditate at least 5 times a week

Life: Make a list of all expenses as they happen

Study: Study Korean at least 5 hours every week

• Like 1

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

Oh Super Junior~

tumblr_lkw35yyldy1qfc4dw.gif

Good luck with your travel habits!!  If there's one thing that always throws me off routine, it's travel... someday, it will be mastered!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

More about the details of these goals!

Inspired by Peelout last challenge, I want to make myself more AWARE of what I do on a daily basis and more ACTIVELY ENGAGED with my goals, veruss doing everything over the weekend. Not everything will be possibly achieved on the same day, mostly because of logistics reasons, but I will limit compensating to the most crucial goals.

Health

Because I won't be able to sleep 7 hours a day each day (though I would love to), I will allow compensating for this one on a weekly basis. Sleep will be measured with my app (which magically knows when I am awake and actually just reading a book!). So far I have been below 7 but not too far (~20min), so this bodes well for the future.

Fitness - Double goal!

- One will be to be active everyday and be a PURE pass/fail, with the option to use a placeholder on hectic days when I can't hit the gym. This should come handy when I am on business trip if I cannot make it to the gym. Sessions themselves should be comped to have full marks, but only 5 sessions are expected per week (excluding dance class this week).

- The other is to do the BBWW twice a week at least, with at least 2 circuits when I do it. Total of 4 circuits minimum per week. Since this is a no equipment workout it should be fine. Side rows may be replaced with triceps exercises if no way to lift anything.

Diet - Double too!

- One goal is simple: twice a week, usually at night, I will replace meals by protein shakes. I will put protein powder in my suitcase and will be able to do this even while on business trip. Simple, right?

- The other goal is harder: no more than 2 snacks per day. This is 14 snacks per week. Snack is defined as anything consumed outside of meal times. So if I have breakfast at 1030 it's not snacking, but if I have 1 cup of milk at 830 and another at 1030, then the second counts as a snack. any sort of snack is counted and allowed - only pass for just tea (hot water + tea). Milk also counts as snacking since it has calories.

This sounds super simple, but both goals together are really hard as my body gets stressed at the idea that I will deprive it of food. I already had 4 snacks today and it's not yet 3pm... So comp for the second goal will be allowed within 7 days (that is, if tomorrow I eat no snacks it will be ok).

Emotions

Meditating, especially about gratitude, mercy, help me gain serenity and be calmer. I plan on doing this 5 times a week.

Life

This will be hard! I need to list all the money I spend. I am using googlesheet on my phone, so I should be able to jot all of them down. This will be especially useful as I tend to overspend while travelling (airport duty free!). Based on the result of this goal I will limit spending next month or simply continue counting in a more stable environment.

Study

I have a Korean test coming up. But as the test is given every 2-3 months, I push back, procrastinate and do not study. So this will be a goal of adding 5 hours of study to my schedule. It can be flashcard from my phone while waiting in airports, vocabulary study in-flight, book study at home or class with a teacher, but it needs to be at least 5 hours every week.

This challenge I will push for consistency and stamina, slowly building good habits and strength to my body and my mind.

I mentioned the ultimate goal is to lose weight, so weight shall be measured - ideal goal is 2kg over these 4 weeks.

This will be all-pass or all-fail: if I fail ONE goal or do not lose at least 2kg, I will fail the challenge. Because we need balance in all things but also to be kicked sometimes!!

Reward: If I pass this challenge, I will be allowed to spend $100 on earrings. This is cumulative with other challenges and will accrue!

Given my hectic schedule, so far this challenge has been... challenging.

The Fitness and life is ok, but the diet goals are hard, and I'm worried they will be inefficient. I will be moving to a simpler Diet goal: Weight watchers (stay within 26 WW points per day + 49 additional weekly points). I will score weekly.

Health: I'm almost at 7 hours, but just below. Will comp on my 12-hour flight tomorrow

Fitness: Because of my schedule, I end up walking a lot and so hitting that target was a breeze. Also did 2 BBWW on Thur am and my body is in PAIN.

I am NOT in good shape...

Diet: I've been doing it, but it very hard and maybe not effective. I'll WW+Paleo again...

Emotions: Meditation is one of the only things that keep me going. Good grades on that part

Life: I'm doing it faithfully!

Study: Not started yet and it's Friday - will be doing a lot of it on my 12-hour flight...

I think I can manage for this week, provided I put in 2 more BBWW. This won't be easy, but def doable.

More from Paris later!