A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Episode II

ESCAPE FROM JAKKU

Learning basic survival skills was a good start, but Starstuff knows there's more to this galaxy than she can find scavenging on Jakku. With the help of her new friends, the mysterious ASSASSINS, Starstuff plans her escape...

Main Quest: Build fundamental fitness habits

star-wars-7-why-does-bb-8-end-up-on-jakk

My partner in crime and I have recently gotten serious about having kids, so I want to build healthy habits that will be beneficial to me when I get pregnant and that I can pass on to our kids. That means cleaning up my diet (working toward NFA Diet Level 6), establishing regular workout habits, and making sure I have fun doing it!

Quest 1: Fend off your enemies

rey-smackin-it.gif

Whether it's thugs trying to abduct your friend or more insidious villains like poor muscle tone, klutziness, and generally feeling unfit and crummy, it takes strength and agility to defeat your enemies. And, of course, competence with your weapons (or flow tools) of choice. To complete this goal, I must complete 2 Academy workouts and 1 Darebee staff workout every week. I'm only allowed to count workouts if I warm up before and cool down after.

11/12

92%
92%

Quest 2: Run like hell

swrun.jpg

Sometimes you're outgunned, and when that happens, running is your best course of action. I'm usually pretty good about running regularly when I'm training for a race, but when I'm not actively prepping for a race, and even more so when I've just completed one (like, say, right now), I start to let other things get in the way of my running schedule. Not only does this slow my progress toward my running goals, but it makes everyday life much harder, since running is one of the most effective ways I've found to deal with my anxiety. Not this time. To complete this goal, I must run 5 days a week. I have a base-building schedule I plan to keep to, but I'm more concerned with just making sure I get my sessions in, since getting my butt out the door is always my biggest stumbling block.

16/18

89%
89%

Quest 3: Prime the fuel pump

star-wars-force-awakens-falcon.png

If you don't prime your ship's fuel pump, you're not going anywhere. Human bodies are thankfully a little more resilient than a jury-rigged Corellian freighter, but they still work best if you start out your day with a good fuel source, so to complete this goal, I need to eat a healthy breakfast every day. For the purposes of this challenge, I'm defining a healthy breakfast as one that contains a good source of protein and at least one serving of fruits or veggies. Six days a week, it also needs to be grain-free, but I want to be sure to include some complex carbs on long run day, which can (but do not have to) be grain-based.

25/26

96%
96%

Life Quest: Stretch those musical muscles

Star-Wars-cantina-band.jpg

Last challenge, I got back into practicing my flute regularly. Now that my fingers and chops have built up some endurance, it's time to get in a little more practice. To complete this goal, I must practice my flute for at least 45 minutes, 6 days a week.

16/22

73%
73%
  • Like 8

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

All right! Count me in! :D

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
NF Character Profile: RMDC
Challenge: Current - PKMN Journey, Part 1

Previous: 1

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
Wheat products restricted to 3/wk (this week's slots: {*} - {*} - { } )
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%
Interval walking, four total hours

36%
36%

Really, really, smart challenge.  I like the idea of not counting a workout unless you warm-up first.  Also love the Darebee staff workouts.  It looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to try it but, I'm afraid I'd knock things over and hit a family member. :) Do you have a certain one you want to do or will you switch between different ones?  

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Really, really, smart challenge.  I like the idea of not counting a workout unless you warm-up first.  Also love the Darebee staff workouts.  It looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to try it but, I'm afraid I'd knock things over and hit a family member. :) Do you have a certain one you want to do or will you switch between different ones?  

I'm going to start with Come to the Dark Side this week, since it's the easiest rated full-body staff workout (and conveniently theme-appropriate!). Depending on how that goes, I may switch it up for some more complicated ones throughout the challenge, or I might just stick with that one.

• Like 1

Food Log

Day 1

• Goal 1: I did Academy Bodyweight Level 1 workout A. For my first set, I subbed out AMRAP of shrimp squats and knee push-ups for longer sets of bodyweight squats and table push-ups for the purposes of the current Assassins mini-challenge. I surprised myself with how many I did of each, even though it was only a handful of each.
  • Goal 2: Planned non-running day.
  • Goal 3: I had kimchi paleo porridge for breakfast, modifying this recipe to use whole eggs instead of whites and water instead of fake milk, then added kimchi and chopped green onion. The texture was a bit weird (I think I overcooked the egg; I'm going to try making it on the stove next time), but flavor-wise it was a pretty good grain-free substitute for my usual kimchi oatmeal.
  • Life Goal: I practiced my flute for about 50 minutes. All of the accidentals in the Imperial March are killing me, but I'm having fun wrestling with it.
  • Like 2

Food Log

Day 2

• Goal 1: Planned rest day.
  • Goal 2: Ran 3.1 miles with Zombies, Run! with zombie chases enabled. I escaped the first three zombie hordes, but the last one got me. The second, third, and fourth chases had less than two minutes between them, so I think I just didn't have enough left in the tank for another good sprint by the time I got to the last one. Otherwise, it was a really good run.
  • Goal 3: I had a peanut butter cup protein bowl with sliced banana for breakfast. Delicious and so filling I wasn't hungry again until dinner.
  • Life Goal: Planned non-practice day.
  • Like 3

Food Log

• Goal 2: Ran 3.1 miles with Zombies, Run! with zombie chases enabled. I escaped the first three zombie hordes, but the last one got me. The second, third, and fourth chases had less than two minutes between them, so I think I just didn't have enough left in the tank for another good sprint by the time I got to the last one. Otherwise, it was a really good run.

I use Zombies Run! too !! Awesome run stats for the day

Pearl.gif

• Like 1

Aidy, level 1 Assassin
STR 4|DEX 4|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3 

instagram

Level Up Character : www.nerdfitness.com/character/75065

That peanut butter cup concoction sounds enticing.

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Day 3

• Goal 1: Did Academy Bodyweight Level 1 workout B. I did extra rows for my first set for the mini-challenge. I didn't have much DOMS from Monday's workout yesterday, but I definitely had some today, which made today's workout a bit more painful than I would have liked. Thankfully, I felt better afterward.
  • Goal 2: Ran 3.1 miles. No zombie chases, just a nice, easy run with a brief stop at a set of bars along my route so I could do a few hanging knee tucks for the mini-challenge. It was overcast and windy without being actually cold, which is my favorite running weather.
  • Goal 3: Paleo porridge with kimchi again for breakfast. I got better texture this time, but I still wasn't entirely pleased with it despite liking the flavor.
  • Life Goal: Practiced flute for 50 minutes. I had a brief moment of panic when I first started playing because one of my keys wasn't closing all the way, but it turned out to just be a loose screw, so it was an easy fix. This is probably a hint that it's time for me to have my flute serviced, though.

So, my challenge is going really well, but after I was done with all of my workouts tonight, my cat decided to trip me, causing me to roll my ankle and two biggest toes. I can't tell yet how badly I'm hurt, and I'm worried how it might interfere with my goals. :grumpy:  Keep your fingers crossed for me that elevation and some sleep will have me feeling okay in the morning.

• Like 5

Food Log

Fingers crossed for that foot. :(

• Like 1

RMDC | Chaser Druid 2

Write 6 pages per week

24%
24%
Water only
40%
40%
27%
27%
Daily meditation
36%
36%

36%
36%

Thanks, guys. My ankle was fine this morning, not even feeling wobbly, but my big toe is sore and a little swollen, so no running for me today. Tomorrow is a running rest day, anyway, and hopefully it'll feel better by Saturday. If not, I might amend my second goal to sub out another activity for running while I heal. Any thoughts on activities I might be able to do with an injured toe?

• Like 1

Food Log

Hi Starstuff!

Great job and the zombie chases, I always find it so stressful when I hear the moaning!  Sorry to hear about your toe, I hope it feels better soon.  Have you tested it in a pair of shoes?  The extra support might be all it needs?

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

Hi!  Yay for Star Wars!

It looks like things are going amazingly well for you so far. If you're injured, don't push it too hard.  In my opinion, it's better to take a couple of days off instead of a couple of weeks if you make the problem worse.  Anyways, have you thought of biking?  I don't know if you have access to any kind of bike but it might be an option for you.

• Like 2

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

I've been too busy to update my thread for a few days, but thankfully not to busy to keep on trucking with my challenge goals! My toe is much better. A couple days taking it easy, and I was able to run without pain. I still get little twinges if I try to walk down stairs with no shoes on, but I'm otherwise doing fine.

Day 4

• Goal 1: Planned day off.
  • Goal 2: Took a day off running due to my toe injury.
  • Goal 3: Breakfast was greek yogurt with a scoop of white chocolate protein powder, blueberries, and cinnamon.
  • Goal 4: I let myself get really grumpy over being injured and totally flaked on practicing in favor of watching dumb TV all night. On the plus side, Galavant is freaking awesome.

Day 5

• Goal 1: Did the Darbee "Come to the Dark Side" staff workout. This was so much fun, you guys. It also worked some muscles I don't usually use much (between my shoulder blades and the very top of my butt), which was cool.
  • Goal 2: Planned day off.
  • Goal 3: Breakfast was a peanut butter cup protein bowl and a banana again.
  • Goal 4: Practiced my flute for 45 minutes.

Day 6

• Goal 2: Ran the Hogwarts Running Club Molly Weasley Ugly Jumper Run virtual 5k. Since I wasn't sure how my toe would feel, I kept it easy instead of racing like I'd originally planned. I was a little tired and sore from my previous day's workout, but it went pretty well after my muscles loosened up.
  • Goal 3: I was in a rush, so breakfast was just a protein shake and a banana.
  • Goal 4: Practiced for 45 minutes.

Day 7

• Goal 2: Ran 4.36 miles with my parents' dog. It was the first time I've run with him, so it took a little bit of getting used to for both of us. First, he wanted to go much faster than I was comfortable going, and even though I tried to maintain an easy pace, I kept unconsciously speeding up. After a while, we caught our groove and ran well together for a while. Then, just before we hit mile 3, he decided it was time for a rest and he just lay down in the middle of the trail. So, we took a break for a couple minutes and then alternated running and walking back to the head of the trail. Obviously, this was a little bit farther than was ideal for him, so if I take him running with me in the future, I'll be sure to keep it to three miles.
  • Goal 3: Breakfast was the kimichi scramble I posted over in the mini-challenge.
  • Goal 4: I totally failed at time management and didn't have time to practice before we had to leave the house, and we didn't get back until after 10, so no flute for me today. :P
  • Like 5

Food Log

Hogwarts Running Club Molly Weasley Ugly Jumper Run virtual 5k

Man, that sounds epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

Day 8

• Goal 1: I did Academy Bodyweight Level 1 workout A, and I manged to get to 100% for my lightsaber crystal in the mini-challenge with all those squats! I bet I'm going to feel it tomorrow, though, because my legs feel like jelly right now.
  • Goal 2: Planned day off.
  • Goal 3: Breakfast was the chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie I posted in the mini-challenge thread.
  • Life Goal: Practiced flute for 45 minutes. I had a lot of trouble getting good tone out of the middle register today. Not sure what that's about.

Man, that sounds epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty fun. If you run or walk at all, I highly recommend the Hogwarts Running Club. I find I'm much less likely to slack on workouts when I'm trying to win points for my house to win the House Cup!

• Like 3

Food Log