I'm baaaaaaaaack. A lot of this is going to go along with my battle log that I created off-challenge, which I will leave on pause while I do this challenge instead.

What's happened since my last challenge (or really all in the past couple weeks):

• Applied to Grad school
  • Made a huge mess of an "internship" (really a repeat of my last wildlife internship) - Long story short, felt I was being used and quit, somehow still manipulated into volunteering 2x/week for February, which will be a pain the ass. Expect some rants through this challenge. 
  • Got hired by my gym!
  • Accepted to join a research expedition in Honduras this summer studying bats!
  • Got an interview for a third part-time job, also working with animals.

So...

GiantMenacingArgentinehornedfrog-size_re

GOALS THAT I GOT:

1. NO BURNING OUT
    If you know me at all, you know I am a ball of stress. Most important goal is to stay level-headed and find ways to destress at least once per day (videogame, draw, read, Netflix, listen to music, etc).

2. STICK TO WORKOUT PLAN
    [clicky] For now, Tuesdays and Thursdays are reserved for dumb internship. That's 10-12 hours walking on my feet so they're hardly rest days.

3. PT PT AND MORE PT
    Physio routine as posted on my battle log. Daily. Treating tendinitis and also strengthening muscles to prevent future problems.

4. FOAM (ROCK AND) ROLL
    Important stuff. All leg muscles/some tendons, even the arches of my feet, minimum once a day.

0v8Rysg.jpg

• Like 3

What's happened since my last challenge (or really all in the past couple weeks):

• Applied to Grad school
  • Made a huge mess of an "internship" (really a repeat of my last wildlife internship) - Long story short, felt I was being used and quit, somehow still manipulated into volunteering 2x/week for February, which will be a pain the ass. Expect some rants through this challenge. 
  • Got hired by my gym!
  • Accepted to join a research expedition in Honduras this summer studying bats!
  • Got an interview for a third part-time job, also working with animals.

::applause::

• Like 1

Solunaria

of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Previous Challenge

SHOW ME WHAT YOU'RE WORKING WITH

different reference, same vein.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

OH YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I don't even say "yass" but I just had to for this.

• Like 1

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Bets that she lasts the week here before vanishing again?

• Like 3

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Bets that she lasts the week here before vanishing again?

SHOTS FIRED. THE FLAG IS THROWN. THE SWORD IS DRAWN. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

SHOTS FIRED. THE FLAG IS THROWN. THE SWORD IS DRAWN. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?

Probably she'll just tell me my face is dumb or try and send a Giant to break more of my fingers.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Don't listen to these nay-sayers, Lil' Wings! You got this!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Don't listen to these nay-sayers, Lil' Wings! You got this!

Thanks!

--

DAY 1

Since I did my Monday workout yesterday, kept today as a rest day because I'm in pain. Tomorrow will be volunteering 8:30-3ish, then work until 8:00pm, then another workout to try to catch up to Wednesday on my schedule. Physio done, just haven't foamrolled today. I will do that in the morning though, 6:45am, while my morning mocha brews. Watched The Office today to destress after a stressful day of preparing my interview ... which ended up being maximum 20 minutes because they had only allotted 20 minutes per person because they scheduled so many people to interview... Otherwise, day wasn't too bad!

I have a craft in mind to do for tomorrow's destressing so just writing this as a little reminder for myself tomorrow.

• Like 1

Eeeek how did it go!?

Eeeek how did it go!?

Eeeh, it was meh. I was more disappointed with how the interview was set up than how my interview went. It was okay, but the interviewer wasn't that most professional. Oh well! I'll just focus on picking up more shifts from gym job for now. 

Also I had managed to print out a couple references... and they didn't ask for any references. -_- Told you.

----

DAY TWO

Woke up at 7:00am, stretched each muscle for 1 minutes and foamrolled quads, glutes and calves for 1.5 minute each. Quads are so. fucking. sore. Walking has been a total pain. If tomorrow doesn't improve by much, I will probably make tomorrow as a rest day. 

Physio done without resistance bands today.

Workout:

5 minute warm up

Bench Press 3x5x30lbs

Inclined Bench Press 3x5x20lbs

Shoulder press 3x5x30lbs

sooo after 13 hour work day and a workout, I think my destressing will have to be just sleeping.

We're gonna have to use the machine that finds stuff all the way up Kishi's butt then. Obviously.

• Like 1

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

DAY 3

Rest day, due to fatigue and serious DOMS, I'm declaring no workouts til Friday!

Physio done, stretches done - no foamrolling. I'll do that again in the morning, and again tomorrow night after another 12 hour day of volunteering. :/

Destressed - I ended up sleeping 10-11 hours last night... so lost a lot of my day. But I got some videogaming in (Ori and the Blind Forest) which may have stressed me out rather than relaxed me. Then spent some time skype callin Earlface.

Tuesdays-Thursdays are killing me. I can't wait for tomorrow to end, especially since then I will have time to read up on some other challenge threads. Sleep is also becoming a priority again because I accidentally drove home with my headlights off last night... hence, the extra rest day, especially since I am still starting back up, 4 workouts in 1 week seems like enough. :tongue: I AM being careful not to overdo it like I normally do before crashing...

Rd0EgO2.gif

We're gonna have to use the machine that finds stuff all the way up Kishi's butt then. Obviously.

Ooh, that would be handy. I don't really have anything that can shove an opinion up that far.

Also the week isn't over yet.

Anyway, girl, srsly, you gotta get some sleep. You're not going to be able to recover enough to keep up with training at all if you can't get down to rest. Not to mention possibly wrecking on account of driving home without the lights on.

Hope you feel better soon!

I love Ori!

Rest is good. No judgement. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I love Ori!

Me too! It's so beeeautiful. 

Rest is good. No judgement. :)

YEAH YOU BETTER NOT JUDGE. 

--

DAY 5

Physio done! Workout done (see below)! Foamrolling done! Stretching done! 1 hour of videogaming done! 

giphy.gif

Shoulder Press 5x5x30lbs

Inclined Bench Press 5x5x25lbs

Assisted Pullups 5x5 (70lbs assistance)

Tricep dips 5x5

Tricep pulldown 5x5x25lbs

• Like 1

Weeeeooooooooo!!!!