Ok so it is way past my bedtime (off to a great start, aren't I??) so I will throw down these goals really quickly and elaborate later as needed. Since last month's challenge was a mediocre success, I am tweaking the formula but going with the same basic goals.  I will repeat what needed more work, and I will amp up the goals that I was successful in achieving.  Based on my learnings from last challenge, here goes:

Diet

• Reduce coffee-with-cream drink at office to one per day, after that, consume only black coffee or herbal tea drinks (round 2 - need to make this a habit!)
  • Meet my MFP calorie intake goal 5 out of 7 days of the week (I have committed to a 500 cal/day deficit - on the other two days I will not eat more than I burn)
    • Side note: I have converted to MyFitnessPal for food logging because it lets me delete the Fitbit's ridiculous calorie adjustments and helps keep me real.  More discussions to come.  Have you also had this experience??  Reply to this thread and let's chat about it!
    • It's official: this round the goal IS weightloss.  I'll start small, and while aiming for a pound a week, I'd take half a pound also.  The point is that I'm sticking to the realistic calorie deficit and aiming to shed some weight!

Fitness

• Meet my Fitbit activity goal of 5 active days per week (go for a 40+ min walk, use stationary bike 30+ minutes, cardio or yoga, etc)

Level Up Your Life

• Wake up no later than 6 am on weekdays, and 8 am on weekends (If I have not slept enough I will give myself a free pass on Sundays for a reduced grade, but I'm hoping to not need it)
    • As evidenced by the fact that I'm posting this at midnight, I'm clearly a night owl and I struggle with sleep like nobody's business.  I'm hoping by forcing myself to get up early it will help create a more habitual routine that will have me falling asleep earlier at night (although chances are I may become prone to napping and narcolepsy... well, we'll see lol)
  • Like 1

Level: 3 Race: Human-Wood Elf Hybrid Class: Rebel

[STR - 1] [DEX - 1] [STA - 8] [CON - 7] [WIS - 13] [CHA - 3]

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

So my Week 1 is a little off from the challenge schedule, since last challenge I had a mini existential crisis at the end and changed calorie trackers.  In the past I have not been much of an advocate of myfitnesspal, but I hadn't tried them in a while and I was really sick of the Fitbit app - especially since it won't display your calorie status if you don't "start a meal plan" in which they tell you how many calories you can consume.  Since I gave up on letting Fitbit decide how much I can eat and since the calories in vs out display is pretty much central to their platform, the app became almost useless to me. I switched to MyFitnessPal for all calorie tracking and I am much happier with their app (it has come a long way since the last time I used it).  The food database and barcode scanning capability is phenomenal and I am a total convert.  I also really love the nutrition tracking abilities and data control.  So much better than fitbit.  I still use my tracking band for what it's meant for - fitness (NOT food), and also sleep.  I still love the weekly challenges and the motivation it provides.  I like the heart rate monitor.  I think I've found my groove!  AND booyeah - down 1 lb since last week!  YUP - measurable success people!

I've got a couple screenshots of my favourite summary features of MFP that sum up my week compared to my goals quite well:

February 2016 - Week 1 - Nutrition

February 2016 - Week 1 - Calorie Count

Full check-in details on Sunday!

• Like 1

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Diet

• Reduce coffee-with-cream drink at office to one per day, after that, consume only black coffee or herbal tea drinks (round 2 - need to make this a habit!)
    • Done: A+!

• Meet my MFP calorie intake goal 5 out of 7 days of the week (I have committed to a 500 cal/day deficit - on the other two days I will not eat more than I burn)
    • Done: A+!
      • ​I actually managed to do this 6 of 7 days when you look at the full net calorie situation for the week, so go me!! (I think I peeled off a bunch of water weight, but I went down a few pounds!)

Fitness

• Meet my Fitbit activity goal of 5 active days per week (go for a 40+ min walk, use stationary bike 30+ minutes, cardio or yoga, etc)
    • 6 days! BOOM! A+!

Level Up Your Life

• Wake up no later than 6 am on weekdays, and 8 am on weekends (If I have not slept enough I will give myself a free pass on Sundays for a reduced grade, but I'm hoping to not need it)
    • Actually very successful this week.  I'm still a bit low on sleep, but averaging around 6 hours a night which is better than 4 or 5!  I managed to get out of bed on time all days but Sunday (slept in til 9).  Not bad! A!

• Like 1

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Ok, Week 2!

Diet

• Reduce coffee-with-cream drink at office to one per day, after that, consume only black coffee or herbal tea drinks - Managed this 4 of 7 days, B+
  • Meet my MFP calorie intake goal 5 out of 7 days of the week - I only managed this 3 of 7 days unfortunately.  On the days I did not make my 500 calorie deficit, I went over by no more than 500 calories, so I'll give it a C
    • According to the scale, I lost about half a pound last week.  Not a major achievement, but I always celebrate weight maintenance as well, so I'm happy with it!

Fitness

• Meet my Fitbit activity goal of 5 active days per week - 6 of 7 days I was active for more than 40 minutes! A+

Level Up Your Life

• Wake up no later than 6 am on weekdays, and 8 am on weekends - I managed this for every day of the week, and my average sleep time went up last week! A+ :)

Happy Week 3 everyone!

• Like 1

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Ok so I didn't update Week 3, but that doesn't mean I gave up!  I'm still here and still going strong, I've just been crazy crazy busy with work the last two weeks and have been very reliant on My Fitness Pal and my fitbit tracker to stay on track.

I unfortunately don't really have time to look through the last couple weeks of data, but I can say that in the last month I have lost 6.5 lbs!! WOOOO!  I would say that since I achieved my goal, hell yess levels ups!  As a side note, I would say sleep is still a challenge, but the consistent wake up time definitely worked better than the must-go-to-bed-by goal.  If I HAVE to wake up at 6, I feel more motivated to get to bed early, therefore I go to bed earlier.  I got at least 6 hours of sleep per night most nights, and lots of times I was near 7.  I had a lot more energy this month! I also definitely met my fitness goal of 40 minutes of activity per day.  I would say that allowing myself to determine what those 40 minutes consist of based on my moods and calorie burn needs for the day gave me a good flexibility and changed it from having to work out to wanting to get moving/active.  I would say 75% of my activity was just me dancing, cooking, cleaning and moving around my apartment.  I didn't burn tons, or gain strength, but I got my steps in and burned enough to maintain the right calorie deficit.  The next level for me would be integrating some strength training into this regime.  I am thinking I may sit out the next challenge because I am not quite ready to step it up another notch.  I would like to really establish these good habits before trying to add another layer of complexity.  

See you in a month, fellow rebels and good luck on your questing!

• Like 1

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal