• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hewhowishestoimprove

weight classes

Yep you'll be batam weight. Gonna assume you're boxing at the amateur level and that you're male. If so you might want to look at either cutting a bit of weight or putting a bit on. 118lbs is about 53.5kgs which puts you in a pretty unfavourable position for the male bantam weight which goes from 52kgs to 56kgs. You should always aim to be at the heavier end of the category. It may not be too important depending on your experience though, the weight difference won't be massive so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you haven't fought much before.

Again I'm assuming you're a guy, if not then a) sorry and B) don't worry too much cos the female categories are a lot narrower in terms of the weight you can be

Also depends on when you're weighing in.

Smaller comp you may be doing a day of weigh in which is an entirely different ball game from a day before.

'Day of' you're going to be relying heavily on diet and a tiny amount of water loss so you don't hurt your performance. 'Day before' you can go to town on the dehydration side of it and easily drop another couple of Kg. Either way, even if you're walking around ripped at 53Kg you could probably hit flyweight (50Kg) with a bit of a practice go at it.

Are you training at a boxing gym?

If you don't have a coach who is giving you advice on your weight class, I would not recommend taking a fight.