[DarK_RaideR] prepares for his trials

DarK_RaideR

Names are are hard...but I know you'll come up with something fitting :)

That pic is great. Beard looks great. What about Ripley (don't know why that popped in my head)? Or take a name from the Warriors books. Here.

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm just here quietly for more kitty pics. But all your other stuffs are also awesome.

• Like 2

I hope the ground stabilizes soon.

It did, but it was neither pretty nor easy. I have to admit, I wasn't the best me I could be for the SRLF™ and I was mostly the one to blame. Didn't do anything wrong per se, but it's mostly about the things I did not do. Negligence, not criminal intent, to use the legal lingo. Looking at myself in the (metaphorical) mirror wasn't pretty but it was necessary. In a few cryptic phrases, I need to man up about some issues and realize that others I consider insignificant have -sometimes dire- importance and consequences for others.

Cool race, awesome cat and back to the wrestling?!?!?  Wahoo!  

I too hope things get stabilized and you are happy!  

Thanks for checking in Terra. I haven't been keeping up with your thread that much this challenge, but I'm stalking and liking and catchung up whenever I can.

Names are are hard...but I know you'll come up with something fitting :)

That pic is great. Beard looks great. What about Ripley (don't know why that popped in my head)? Or take a name from the Warriors books. Here.

Thanks Wolfie. Since the doctor told me the cat needs about a month to settle in, I'm waiting for him to relax so I can notice his actual, unstressed behavior and come up with a fitting name. It doesn't help that he's already neutered and can't mark his territory, but he has chilled. At least when we're alone, he seems to go bananas when the SRLF™ is around for some reason.

Finally getting around to seeing this, realizing Dark is awesome, subbing.

Also, new KITTEH!!!!

CROSSFITTERS, ASSEMBLE!

Welcome onboard. I've been stalking your challenge threads, will be looking forward to some friendly competition during the Open and the Rebellion's Lifting Competition.

hey dude, thanks for checking up on my a fb, how's things going?

With all that stuff I'm doing, perhaps I should change my class to necromancer? :P

I'm just here quietly for more kitty pics. But all your other stuffs are also awesome.

Like all cats, he is ridiculously photogenic. I just don't take a lot of pictures in general.

Ugh....I was hoping your earlier comment (on mini challenge thread, maybe) about being up late was "in a good way". We're all here for you of course.

Great picture!! You look like you were moving along pretty well, which is hard on that terrain. And great job on the rowing PR.

Thanks, like I said I had to summon my inner Xena to blaze through that race!

Several days' worth of update coming soon

• Like 8

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Day 10: Wednesday, Feb. 10th

Nutrition: 1/1 Sugar, 2/2 Cheese, Some Complex Carbs

Went out in the afternoon with the SRLF™ to sort things out. I won't go into details, some stuff was mentioned in my previous post, but what's related to the goal is we ended up in my favorite irish pub where we shared a platter of irish breakfast, including toasted bread and pudding. I also had a pint of Guiness to go with it. Not feeling too bad about it, considering the circumstances and how it wasn't that big of a slip.

Workouts: 1/3

Finished work early, had 2-3 hours ahead with no internet at work due to mainframe maintainance so I decided instead of staring at the wall for that time, working out and seeing the SRLF™ late at night, I left the office and met up with her early in the evening. I'll make up for it by training on Friday, which was supposed to be a rest day.

Study: Nope

Just, nope.

Cat

After a few days of the SRLF™ not being around, I thought he was chill but he freaked out at night again when she returned, so I know something's going on. He's probably jealous.

Daily Quests

Keep using glasses until doctor appointment (ongoing)

Call insurance company

Call notary

• Like 8

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Day 11: Thursday, Feb. 11th

Nutrition: 2/1 Sugar, 2/2 Cheese, Some Complex Carbs

Took a day off work, had a proper breakfast, Domestic-Rangered the house because my father would be arriving at night and then re-slept. Woke up ravenous just half an hour before my doctor appointment, so I caved in and grabbed a cold cheeseburger from the pastry shop downstairs as I rushed to be on time. Went out for dinner after I picked up dad from the airport, my plate had rice and veggies on the side. I also ate a bit of orange cake with ice cream that was offered as dessert. Not a great week on this goal, but considering the turbulence, I'm managing just fine.

Workouts: 1/3

Rest day

I studied during class again! Finished the textbook and about 30 pages of class notes from last year. These notes will save my life for that class. I gotta go grab the other textbook and be more systematic about my studies, not much time left!

Cat

Dad was really cool about the kitty being around, as long as it didn't bug him during sleep. Marking this a success. I slept on the sofa with the cat laying next to my feet. He did give me a stubborn bite after plenty of petting in the morning though. He's got the locked jaw of a bulldog, this guy....

Daily Quests

Go to eye doctor appointment

Pick up dad from the airport

• Like 8

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Good to hear you and SRLF talked things out, that's always helpful. I'm also glad your Dad and the cat got along. If the cat didn't freak out about your Dad being there you are probably right about jealousy being the issue with SRLF.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

With all that stuff I'm doing, perhaps I should change my class to necromancer? :tongue:

Glad to hear all is going well, my friend, and there is one RPG class that isn't a Ranger which most identifies you, Necromancer might just be it.  Especially your Facebook [Raise Dead] skill!

WlAX6zE.png

Cat

After a few days of the SRLF™ not being around, I thought he was chill but he freaked out at night again when she returned, so I know something's going on. He's probably jealous.

This is absolutely a thing.  Even after several months of living together, my cat still tries to butt in on anything the girlfriend and I are doing, even going far as to yowl while we catch up after work.  :P

• Like 8

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

This is absolutely a thing.  Even after several months of living together, my cat still tries to butt in on anything the girlfriend and I are doing, even going far as to yowl while we catch up after work.   :tongue:

Spoiled 10-year-old dachshunds do the same thing (only replace yowl with angry huffing, baleful judgmental glances, and puppy dog eyes). Animals are assholes. 

• Like 7

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Day 12: Friday, Feb. 12th

Nutrition: 3/1 Sugar, 2/2 Cheese, Some Complex Carbs

Had my post-workout dinner, but was still hungry. Went out with the SRLF™ and had bread among others. Also ate a bit of the dessert offered in the end.

Workouts: 2/3

We did Nate: 10' AMRAP of 2 Ring Muscle Ups, 4 Handstand Pushups and 8 KB Swings. I did the scaled version of 3 strict Pullups and 3 Dips, used a 20kg kb and scored 8 rounds minus the final kb swings. In other news, I warmed up using a 32kg kettlebell for my swings #stronger

Cat

And his name shall be... Jabba the Hutt Cat. He lies on his side like Jabba, stares with a half-open mouth like Jabba plus a million other puns mainly about his agression and being neutered when I picked him up, since "Jabba" is also a greek word for "free"

Daily Quests

-

• Like 16

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Good job on the name.

XJZytHh.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Cat

And his name shall be... Jabba the Hutt Cat. He lies on his side like Jabba, stares with a half-open mouth like Jabba plus a million other puns mainly about his agression and being neutered when I picked him up, since "Jabba" is also a greek word for "free"

Have you had any progress on the Rings lately, DR?

jabba-the-hutt-cat.jpg

• Like 6

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Nope. As a matter of fact, I've probably lost ground there. Don't wanna point fingers or look for excuses, but things haven't been superb lately

My fitness journey in a nutshell. Also hi!

• Like 4

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Nope. As a matter of fact, I've probably lost ground there. Don't wanna point fingers or look for excuses, but things haven't been superb lately

Superb means no room for level up. Just saying.

• Like 2

Great run (i would enter just for the views you would get there)

Great cat name (i can just envision the multitude of puns made possible)

Great you worked out things with SRLF. It's just life, almost everything needs adapting in one way or the other.

The way you are writing and commenting seems like ATM you (as do i) suffer of a serious Rangerbrain. The "thing" that keeps me up onto my feet these days is: "even little progress is progress". Hope you may find some "rest" with it too!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

I still can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that some restaurants offer dessert for free.

It's such a nice thing to do but also something to try to avoid if you're cutting down on sugar/calories.

It's good on the hospitality side but bad if you want to avoid temptation. Fortunately, everything that I had was offered in minimal portions. I know some restaurants offer copious amounts of free dessert, especially in the south of the country where I'm from ;)

My fitness journey in a nutshell. Also hi!

I am so happy to have you around Spark!

Superb means no room for level up. Just saying.

Thanks for the perspective, Phyto. I was thrown off my pace, but it was a learning experience and I do have so many challenges above, including another potential trail race on the 28th.

Great run (i would enter just for the views you would get there)

Great cat name (i can just envision the multitude of puns made possible)

Great you worked out things with SRLF. It's just life, almost everything needs adapting in one way or the other.

The way you are writing and commenting seems like ATM you (as do i) suffer of a serious Rangerbrain. The "thing" that keeps me up onto my feet these days is: "even little progress is progress". Hope you may find some "rest" with it too!

Since I walked most of the race, I did indeed enjoy the scenery. When registering however, I had no idea it would be like that or that snow would be involved.

As for the SRLF™ we had another series of rough territory until yesterday. Won't get into details, but we got dangerously close to breaking up. No bueno.

Week 2 in a nutshell

Nutrition

This was one of the many things (along with sleep and my overall mental state) that fell apart due to the tension between the SRLF™ and myself. On top of it, I had my father visiting from Thursday night until Sunday morning, so I had to take him out and the options weren't always in my favor. Cheese consumption was kept to a minimal. Complex carbs were out of control but it's not like I went completely bananas either. I did have something sugary almost every day, but like I mentioned it was usually the free dessert which was minimal. It's not like I fell into a habit again. All in all, the numbers are terrible but they only tell half the story. I'm ready to get back on track and conquer week 3!

Workouts: 2/3

Didn't manage to do the 3rd workout on Saturday.

Study

Got plenty of work done, especially on Thursday. With the situation between the SRLF™ and me finally settling down (for good, I hope) and having talked to her about my upcoming exams and how I've fallen behind and am therefore stressed, I'm confident I can start to be a bit more systematic about it this week.

Cat

Jabba caused minimum trouble while my father was around and half of it was because dad wasn't yet familiar with the new terms of having an animal in the house, such as remembering to keep certain doors shut etc. He seemed to like him and today I got a mail from my mom that he told her I have a beautiful cat, so I sent her an image. With all that said and done, I think the "defend the kitty" part of this quest is done. Next is to buy some extra gear which I'm getting today, then booking his big vet appointment.

• Like 9

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

I know some restaurants offer copious amounts of free dessert, especially in the south of the country where I'm from ;)

I kinda feel like I should have been born Greek, it sounds like my spiritual home. 

Sorry to hear about the rough parts of the weekend but there are definitely some wins in there too so gratz on those. 

• Like 4

The Sarcastic Computator

It's good on the hospitality side but bad if you want to avoid temptation. Fortunately, everything that I had was offered in minimal portions. I know some restaurants offer copious amounts of free dessert, especially in the south of the country where I'm from ;)

Oh, don't remind me. It's not just the dessert. I'm still happy I only ordered one souvlaki when I was in Heraklion a few years ago. I still couldn't finish it. 

I fell into the temptation of a small cookie and half a piece of cake yesterday when I was out for coffee. I think I'll just avoid places that offer you free dessert or cookies with your coffee. Copious amount of free dessert last time, luckily in summer, were a huge platter with ice-cream and kadayif. 

I hope everything is now great between you and the SRLFâ„¢!

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log